• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Shouldn't be forced into handing out a new deal at this stage. Look at things again next summer if he shows signs of deserving a payrise.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You give Guendouzi 70k after 10 good games raises the bar for everyone else.

Both deals probably 6 months / a year early but easy 'wins' for dumb & dumber to report up to the bosses.

Impact

Established Member
ok so he can't over jump anyone cause of his height, but why not talk about all the good stuff his stature enables him to do which most other players can't.
How many times does a modern fan need to be reminded of all the short players that became top class, or be shown a list that say big chunk of world's greatest were mostly on a short side

We aren't talking about a Santi Cazorla, Marco Verratti or N'golo Kante here. It's Lucas Torreira. Simply a good destroyer. He's not special.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
ok so he can't over jump anyone cause of his height, but why not talk about all the good stuff his stature enables him to do which most other players can't.
How many times does a modern fan need to be reminded of all the short players that became top class, or be shown a list that say big chunk of world's greatest were mostly on a short side
You are only as good as your weaknesses at the top, top level.

Torreira does not have the touch and ambidexterity of Cazorla, nor does he have pace or strength.

He's fantastic at intercepting and getting a tackle in, and he's decent at passing. His touch is not fantastic by any means.

Easily upgradeable player but I do like him. Performance vs Sp**s was magical but then he fell of a cliff.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Torreira does not have the touch and ambidexterity of Cazorla, nor does he have pace or strength.

why don't you compare Auba to Cazorla then? Can't? cause they play different pos
He's fantastic at intercepting and getting a tackle in, and he's decent at passing. His touch is not fantastic by any means.

Easily upgradeable player but I do like him. Performance vs Sp**s was magical but then he fell of a cliff.

no idea why you comparing Santi to Torreira but ok

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Quite shocked that there is even one person against the idea of extending his contract. You'd have to think he's a total lost cause and not up to our standard, to be against it. He's young, very talented and has shown very high level in his first year here. These are the sort of players you tie down. If he has a great season next term, the worst case scenario is he puts another £20m on his asking price. If anyone's going to be given an extension on improved terms, this guy is at the front of the queue.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
You give Guendouzi 70k after 10 good games raises the bar for everyone else.

Both deals probably 6 months / a year early but easy 'wins' for dumb & dumber to report up to the bosses.
Guendouzi hasn't signed a new deal yet, in fact other than the Sun no one has reported on this.

NZgunner

Quite shocked that there is even one person against the idea of extending his contract. You'd have to think he's a total lost cause and not up to our standard, to be against it. He's young, very talented and has shown very high level in his first year here. These are the sort of players you tie down. If he has a great season next term, the worst case scenario is he puts another £20m on his asking price. If anyone's going to be given an extension on improved terms, this guy is at the front of the queue.

Maybe I'm just naive and it is just the nature of modern players/football - but if after your first season, where you had a handful of good games but couldn't really be called influential, you encourage speculation about moving to another club, then I don't want you as part of our setup going forward.

As others have said, eminently replaceable, and could easily struggle next season anyway as more teams exploit his weaknesses - and now I just don't trust him to give us 100% when the going gets tough.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
As others have said, eminently replaceable, and could easily struggle next season anyway as more teams exploit his weaknesses - and now I just don't trust him to give us 100% when the going gets tough.
Eminently replaceable? As I've asked before: who, how much will it cost and will they want to come here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom