• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner-Union

Hope he gets a run in the team and not put in for a couple struggle and out, give him a good run and let him run as full backs and see if he has the goods if not get saka a chance

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he can improve his game off the ball - both offensively (i.e. target space in behind) and defensively (i.e marking) he can be elite. It's down to how much work he's prepared to put in in training. The talent is there.

Reactions: roz

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kenny is garbage, only got in the squad because of Boothroyd.

AWB, James, Aarons and even Maitland-Niles are better RBs and should have been ahead of him.
Maitland-Niles should have been called up for midfield, considering they had nobody else who could remotely play deeper midfield. But because he's been fannying about at RB, we cost him a call-up.

If he can improve his game off the ball - both offensively (i.e. target space in behind) and defensively (i.e marking) he can be elite. It's down to how much work he's prepared to put in in training. The talent is there.

His off ball movement has actually been very good this season according to people who watch him.

What he has been lacking is being more on the ball, dribble more, but its understandable as last year was only his first year at senior level. I'm sure he will start keeping the ball better and move better from now on!

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Maitland-Niles should have been called up for midfield, considering they had nobody else who could remotely play deeper midfield. But because he's been fannying about at RB, we cost him a call-up.

Maitland Niles looks too dodgy as a midfielder. He actually might be better as a Centerback due to his outatanding recovery pace....ala Kolo.

I prefer Willock in the Ramsey role.
EsR in the Özil and Nelson in the Mhik role.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
would posters please clarify who they're talking about - there's a lot of posts just saying 'he' that are about different players - the only 'he' without a name should be Nelson in this thread

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
would posters please clarify who they're talking about - there's a lot of posts just saying 'he' that are about different players - the only 'he' without a name should be Nelson in this thread
Really isn't that difficult to follow the thread..

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He explained: “I went over, grabbed the ball. Tammy is a very good friend of mine, like an older brother to me, but he let me take it in the end.

“I wanted it. I knew if I didn’t score I would get stick, but luckily I scored.

“And I knew Tammy would be OK. I am from Elephant and Castle and he’s Peckham. It’s about five or ten minutes away.

“We go to the same church as well. We are tight.

“The main thing was to seize the chance. I was on the bench the first two games and it wasn’t a nice feeling.

“I tried to go out there and prove a point. I did that. I expressed myself, 100 per cent. I played with no fear.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9373123/arsenal-reiss-nelson-shocked-hoffenheim-return/

Nelson with some confidence. :drool:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Didn't realise he got 7 goals. Can't have done that bad there!
Looking forward to seeing him in preseason.
He would probably hit 15 if he was a regular player throughout the season. It feels good when we don't have to pay anything for a player and he is an instant improvement over what we have currently.
I would still like to see us buying one quality wide player, but it doesn't look very likely considering that we're not able to sell anybody.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Didn't realise he got 7 goals. Can't have done that bad there!
Looking forward to seeing him in preseason.
Like @Maybe said he would have got double figures if he got more game time. He also should have got 3/4 assists in the minutes he did play. One game sticks out for me when he put that big Hungarian oaf they have as a striker through on goal twice in about 3 minutes and he missed.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He would probably hit 15 if he was a regular player throughout the season. It feels good when we don't have to pay anything for a player and he is an instant improvement over what we have currently.
I would still like to see us buying one quality wide player, but it doesn't look very likely considering that we're not able to sell anybody.

AF-GRAPHIC-SPORTS-ZAHA-NELSON-v2.jpg

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Put that picture in Zaha's thread and they'll rip you apart for that.

If we spend 50m on Zaha or Carrasco, everyone would be happy,. If we add ESR/Nelson who could both hit the same numbers as them, everybody complains about spending and Kroenke :)
It would be nice to compare Nelson to what we already have in our squad, that's more realistic than buying Zaha.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Put that picture in Zaha's thread and they'll rip you apart for that.

If we spend 50m on Zaha or Carrasco, everyone would be happy,. If we add ESR/Nelson who could both hit the same numbers as them, everybody complains about spending and Kroenke :)
It would be nice to compare Nelson to what we already have in our squad, that's more realistic than buying Zaha.

I already did!

As I said a few days ago in the Zaha thread, I would like to have Zaha at the club, but he's not worth more than half the £80 million that Palace are allegedly asking. Arsenal already has a similar player in Nelson, who might actually be better than Zaha in a couple of years. Better to find a cheaper option to rotate with Reiss on the wing and spend the money on the defense.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I already did!

As I said a few days ago in the Zaha thread, I would like to have Zaha at the club, but he's not worth more than half the £80 million that Palace are allegedly asking. Arsenal already has a similar player in Nelson, who might actually be better than Zaha in a couple of years. Better to find a cheaper option to rotate with Reiss on the wing and spend the money on the defense.
I've been saying that for months. We have enough talent already to cover more technical positions but we struggle to produce defenders at our academy.
It's not only about Nelson, we have 5-6 similar players to Nelson who could do better than senior guys already.
Even if we waste 60-70m on Zaha it won't change anything, we would still struggle to compete for top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom