• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
How was Kola voted best left back in Germany?

He’s quite fast and gets himself in reasonable positions when attacking. But he’s all kick and rush. When he gets into a decent crossing position he just blasts it across the box. No finesse, gives the ball away a lot, and no football brain. Him and Mustafi :rolleyes:

He always relies on pace and power, but has no stamina to consistently do it. He's almost dying at the end of every game and even threw up a few times. Very brutish player.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I will admit though, Xhaka had a better season than we've seen. Still not as elite as his fanboys make him out to be but he isn't a major cause for concern other than the fact that he is still a starter:lol:
If I had to choose, no question I would keep Xhaka over Kola. Sead is such a mediocre player.
Agreed but Xhaka is still not consistent. This is a problem we have that really needs addressing. @Trilly summed it up when he said players like Henderson and Milner may not be stars but they grind out 7/10 consistently.

Montreal at LB (not CB) has been Mr Consistent for years. But a lot of our team flip flop between 9 and 2/10. It’s OK if forwards put themselves in good positions and sometimes have off days by missing the target but your defenders and midfield in particular need to be solid almost every game.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Barcelona also thought Vermaelen and Song were worthy of purchase. Absolutely trash argument that!

Even if we take your stance as the truth it makes my point even more ffs

Monreal is worse than trash

Song was great for us

Verms got destroyed by injuries

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Rumours that the nacho man has had his contract terminated. If this is the end of his stay here then thanks and good luck.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
th

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Would rather the clumsy tractor leaves and have Nacho as back up to KT3.

Really flip flop on that.

On one hand, Kolasinac is already here and on a long term contract - with a too high salary but anyway. He's fairly young but not a talent in need of game time anymore, so he's basically a ready made backup who theoretically can come in and do a job instantly - and he should be able to do that once a month or so. A Tierney/Kolasinac duo at leftback would be a longterm quality solution and actually wouldn't warrant opening a construction side imo.

On the other hand Kolasinac - due to his long contract, good age profile, sought after position - is someone the club could make good money off this summer. You stick with the reliable Nacho for another year, then add a young talent from e.g. the Championship for 10m or under.

Though, I think with Kola we could run into similar problems like with Mustafi anyway: rather high wages and streaky performances - although I wouldn't deem Kola as catastrophic as Shkodran. Really wouldn't want to sell the leftback for anything less than 20m but I can see clubs coming in with loan + option to buy suggestions, which wouldn't help Arsenal this sumere anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Unless we are selling kola there no news to extend Nacho contract the guy in rapid decline

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Happy for Monreal to sign as long as he is a backup to Tierney. He can play in a back four back 3 or back 5. which is great for Emery, as he likes to switch up tactics.

Kola, is very limited, basically can only play as a wingback. Again he's on astronomical wages for a fullback, so I hope we can sell him for £8m- £12m to get him off ou books.

He should really be going for around £20m-25m but with his wages, only Clubs with a huge financial muscle would be able to pay that fee and his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom