• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I wouldn't be fussed at all if he has just signed another short contract, he is a solid experienced veteran as they are called now, he can fill in anywhere in the back line really apart from the right side, lb or cb you'd probably say. He's been a pretty solid player for us over all the years aswell.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
From released rumour yesterday to a possible new two year deal today :drool:

th

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Happy for Monreal to sign as long as he is a backup to Tierney. He can play in a back four back 3 or back 5. which is great for Emery, as he likes to switch up tactics.

Kola, is very limited, basically can only play as a wingback. Again he's on astronomical wages for a fullback, so I hope we can sell him for £8m- £12m to get him off ou books.

He should really be going for around £20m-25m but with his wages, only Clubs with a huge financial muscle would be able to pay that fee and his wages.

If you can play wb you can play lb

Not all LBs can play wb

What he brings is what we are lacking

Those of you who cant see it drank too much wenger-aid

Divided_Pie

If you can play wb you can play lb

Not all LBs can play wb

What he brings is what we are lacking

Those of you who cant see it drank too much wenger-aid
Disagree

The whole reason Emery went 3 at the back is because he didn't trust Kola and AMN in a back four.

Much rather have Monreal backing up KT than Kola - less of a liability defensively, more versatility, and doesn't have a huge long-term contract.

StefanB

Lets just say that with both Kolasinac and Niles as fullbacks in a back 4, you're screwed defensively unless you completely dominate the game.

You can survive if you have a more balanced defense/offense. Let's say Bellerin on one side, and Kolasinac on the other. Bellerin is defensively sound, while Kolasinac is good offensively. The same will be true for Tierney on the left, and Niles on the right (even tho I still wanna see AMN play in the middle of the park).

Playing Niles and Kolasinac together tho is ****. So is Monreal & Niles aswell, because Monreal has become quite the liability at defending.. sadly Lichsteiner was a calamity aswell, think Emery was trying to get him as a solid defensive addition that just didn't work out at all.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Disagree

The whole reason Emery went 3 at the back is because he didn't trust Kola and AMN in a back four.

Much rather have Monreal backing up KT than Kola - less of a liability defensively, more versatility, and doesn't have a huge long-term contract.

I think he went 3atb because Mustafi kept being mustafi

Only Xhaka/Torreira were solid in Cm but they got no help from The attackers bar perhaps Laca and iwobi

When Guendouzi played it was a mess to

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
With this deal, we are on our way to become a mid table team. It's not because Monreal will be to blame, it's because the club is still accepting weak mentality. Monreal doesn't bring anything to the table anymore, even when you consider him as a backup we're going to be in a serious problem if we'll need him.
The only thing that's not clear to me is, who will be our first choice LB?

Charity FC will make sure Nacho earns some more money before he retires, something we already did for Lich.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
With this deal, we are on our way to become a mid table team. It's not because Monreal will be to blame, it's because the club is still accepting weak mentality. Monreal doesn't bring anything to the table anymore, even when you consider him as a backup we're going to be in a serious problem if we'll need him.
The only thing that's not clear to me is, who will be our first choice LB?

Charity FC will make sure Nacho earns some more money before he retires, something we already did for Lich.

As bad as Licht was at times he still had some good to Great games and a a**hole attitude we needed

I think he went 3atb because Mustafi kept being mustafi

Only Xhaka/Torreira were solid in Cm but they got no help from The attackers bar perhaps Laca and iwobi

When Guendouzi played it was a mess to

The back 3 wasnt just because of defensive issues, It also gave the team width, Something that we wouldnt have due to the pure lack of natural wingers in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom