• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
They still getting James as well?
Apparently yes, but don't know how credible that is, especially now.
I follow Inter closely, and there is finally some movement in the whole Icardi talk. He is willing on Naples, his wife is well up for it, and the clubs are getting there with $$

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Sorry for off topic but, Napoli is negotiating Icardi deal foe about 60 mil. Doubt they have enough money to chase KT all in atm

Yes and the talk is who are they going to sell to fund it or whether they could include players in the deal.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Need some sort of confirmation on Tierney or Saliba soon or think I might run riot.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sorry for off topic but, Napoli is negotiating Icardi deal foe about 60 mil. Doubt they have enough money to chase KT all in atm

They’ve already got a net spend of around 50M as is, can’t see them stumping up another 25M for a left back.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I quite enjoyed playing the piano with Kieran Tierney in the foyer of that five-star billet that Celtic secured for themselves in Austria last week. There he was, tapping away on the ivories, not exactly Ivor Novello, but showing a certain ting, ting, ting ambition to get better. My input was to sit myself down and play a few octaves.

His concert pianist ambitions are one thing; what of his football ambitions? Tierney loves Celtic but it is impossible to believe that he will not be swayed by the lure of Arsenal if the London club stump up the money. Those of us who have spent the past ten days with Celtic in Europe, chatting to various people around the club, became convinced that, if the circumstances were right, Tierney will want to leave.

Yes, will want to leave. I know this is anathema to those who, despite years of watching football, still labour under the illusion that a player like Tierney could never leave Celtic, on account of loving the club so much. This grasp of reality is touching and well meaning but tends to be batted into the long grass when a footballer realises that his pay is being increased threefold — minimum — never mind the excitement of playing in the English Premier League.
I’m like most others — I want Tierney to stay in Scottish football for as long as possible — but I can’t see it happening. Not unless Celtic hold firm on getting their full wedge.

Arsenal and Napoli are vying for Tierney, and these things are forever fluid. Arsenal were yesterday reported to be interested in signing Marcelo, 31, the Brazil left back who has been 13 years with Real Madrid, though most believe this is their plan B if the Tierney move fails to come off. Basically, if Arsenal go to £23 million with Celtic, then Tierney will be off. And he will surely scrape by on a £70,000 a week-plus starting salary in London.

I feel rather differently, though, about Tierney going to Italy. Napoli have forever been a madhouse in Serie A but have been restored to power in recent years, having finished league runners-up in three of the past four years and become Champions League regulars. There is nothing but excitement around this club, although would Tierney, at 22, move to Italy?

I don’t believe that would be a preferred option for him, not unless the money offered was prodigious. Celtic, remember, will have a say in Tierney’s future destination — the Scottish champions will crave the fattest transfer cheque possible — though the ultimate decision will rest with the player.

Tierney, for me, would hold his own in any league in Europe. It is true that Scottish football produces lesser opponents, and Tierney will feel the full uplift in quality and tempo in England or Italy, but he has so much about his game and physique to be able to handle that. Tierney is the equal of Andy Robertson, and just look where he has got himself.

Celtic have just signed Boli Bolingoli from Rapid Vienna for £3 million. For a Scottish club, that is a lot to shell out for a reputed back-up full back. It is hard to believe that Celtic think Tierney will be with them for the season ahead. Anything could happen — injury, breakdown in negotiation, Arsenal pulling out — but these seem unlikely. It looks to me like Tierney will leave.

In London, or wherever, I just hope he goes for piano lessons.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kieran-tierney-looks-certain-to-leave-celtic-7zl3nzkj2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom