• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
im just surprised we taking long to get this done it been like 2 weeks since our 1st bid if it's just matter of few millions then we could have this done by now.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
im just surprised we taking long to get this done it been like 2 weeks since our 1st bid if it's just matter of few millions then we could have this done by now.

It is a bit strange. I’ve no idea why we’re being so slow. The only thing I can think of is none of the players can be involved yet so there’s no rush but that’s probably wishful thinking on my part.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We’re letting Celtic spend money they think they’re getting, they’ve already spent £10m and are after a few others. Once they’ve spent all that we’ll go in and offer less than they want as a final offer.

Raul is a G.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Him and @Makingtrax would’ve gotten on well. Would’ve paid to see those GDT’s.
Only came in 15/16 season so never met Anzac. When I first came on people used to call me David Smith for some reason. By and large he’d gone too.

Wenger supporters on here back then were few and far between, and traumatised. It was like the Purge if you were caught out in the open on the Wenger thread. Strategy was crucial. You had to step back to force heal before the next onslaught.

Don’t recognise this place now, more like conversations in an English tea shop.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We’re letting Celtic spend money they think they’re getting, they’ve already spent £10m and are after a few others. Once they’ve spent all that we’ll go in and offer less than they want as a final offer.

Raul is a G.
th

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Only came in 15/16 season so never met Anzac. When I first came on people used to call me David Smith for some reason. By and large he’d gone too.

Wenger supporters on here back then were few and far between, and traumatised. It was like the Purge if you were caught out in the open on the Wenger thread. Strategy was crucial. You had to step back to force heal before the next onslaught.

Good morning, young lad. How are you doing on this beautiful Spring morning. I see you have gone with the classic Earl Grey today. Marvellous choice, really exquisite taste you have. Cheerio!

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

I'll never ever forget your entry. We were 3rd or 2nd out of 99 in England or something.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I just saw David Smith's post about liking fat ladies and @Jury cheering him on. "Oh baby yeah!" to being smothered by under all the extra fat.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I had time for that lad. He got his dream job, managing a hotel somewhere, iirc.
Hmmm, guy had supreme intellect no doubt. Can imagine him convincing hotel guests about the sheer awesomeness of having ass hose in every toilet.

And that would be the only hotel in Uk with that facility.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Raul is a G.
Not sure that bluff will work. Celtic still sitting on the 20m from Dembele and theyve 40m in the bank. But i would not be surprised if we tried it.

Another factor is the Scottish window closes after the English window. Same goes for Europe. So there will be more pressure on us to secure the deal and if we dont and Celtic need to sell to fund their shopping spree they have Ntcham who is likely to leave to Marseille for around 8m or so. That will recoup most of their outlay while removing a big earner.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'll never ever forget your entry. We were 3rd or 2nd out of 99 in England or something.
Yeah, 2nd out of 92 English professional clubs.

Like the nerd on the stag do, I never got the joke, even though all around were rolling over on the floor.

It’s just a guess here right, but after 20 years of continuous top 4, could it be that comparing the mighty Arsenal in the same sentence with any teams below the top 4 clubs was just ludicrous.

Let’s hope we never end up mid table eh? Or worse.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Yeah, 2nd out of 92 English professional clubs.

Like the nerd on the stag do, I never got the joke, even though all around were rolling over on the floor.

It’s just a guess here right, but after 20 years of continuous top 4, could it be that comparing the mighty Arsenal in the same sentence with any teams below the top 4 clubs was just ludicrous.

Let’s hope we never end up mid table eh? Or worse.
No, its not that genius scientist Eintrax. I really don't want to get back into this. If you have a half decent memory you'll remember that the entire forum couldn't get through to you so better not go down that route all over again.

Hooplehead

Not here to argue, but I thought I'd give some accurate information as almost every news article is misinformed, I keep reading stuff like £22m should get it done, these are made up figures.

In reality, Celtic want at least £30m and still have 4 years and 7 transfer windows to get it, the only accurate figure I've read was about 100 pages ago when it said Celtic asked for £40m(Celtic's high position to deter paltry bids).

There's a bit of understandable ignorance surrounding Celtic's finances on these boards, we've never been in a better financial position than we are now, we have a lot of money in the bank and plenty of saleable assets on the pitch, we also have two billionaire owners that offer us a certain security.

I think if Arsenal are making the type of bids that are being reported he will be staying at Celtic for at least another window, we are well aware that selling an injured players is not ideal to get maximum compensation, so keeping him longer and allowing other parties time to get involved is a very real option and looking more likely.

If he goes to Arsenal the fee will be over £30m (including easily achievable add-ons)

Celtic would actually prefer not to sell to Arsenal, as the likelihood of him moving on from Arsenal and activating a sell on fee is lowered compared to a team like Everton, we pocketed an extra £7.5m from VVD when he moved to Liverpool and would be hoping for similar when KT moves on in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom