• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,651

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Torreira/Chambers/Elneny/Bielik - Xhaka/Guendouzi/Willock

If we will play 4-2-2-2 we could go into the season with that. So 4-2-2-2 and 4-2-3-1 would be our main formations.

Winger and Left Back is so important. Would be nice if there will be some money left for a Box-To-Box midfielder, but it doesn't look like that at the moment.
The problem most of these guys are deep midfielders we missing guy who can carry the ball forward good with 2 of his feets

Gunner-Union

think emery wants 4-3-3 zaha, pea, nelson as front 3
in midfield who the hell knows what the best balance is in 3 man, lucas as dm with xhaka and wilock maybe or even ESR in there, its either youngsters who are unproven but have promise or more experienced dross like elneny and xhaka

Gunner-Union

The problem most of these guys are deep midfielders we missing guy who can carry the ball forward good with 2 of his feets

think willock and ESR can be box to box mids and carry the ball forward but it is important that they get back and help the defense. and i forgot douzie though he needs to get stronger and be better in defense

Iceman10

Established Member
We're going to be borderline top 4 contention this coming season. Just a result of Gazidis (IMO), not a good % of our 30m+ buys working as well as they should have, and some other things. There are going to be one or two obvious gaps no matter what after this transfer window, although we could get lucky with some younger players breaking through. Laca gets it (tweet from yesterday).

benjamin86

Established Member
We're going to be borderline top 4 contention this coming season. Just a result of Gazidis (IMO), not a good % of our 30m+ buys working as well as they should have, and some other things. There are going to be one or two obvious gaps no matter what after this transfer window, although we could get lucky with some younger players breaking through. Laca gets it (tweet from yesterday).
Current side i think is between 5-8th. See who we recruit in next 4 weeks.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

That's why we hopefully will have at least one winger like Zaha or Malcom, who will create something with dribbling etc.

Normally i prefer a 4-3-3 with a midfielder like you said, but it's not the best with Laca and Auba too.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
State of that poll, ffs. Imagine a summer where we don't sign a cb for this season and people being happy.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We need 2 CBs, whilst shipping at least 3.
We need one CM, whilst getting rid of Elneny.
We need two wingers or one winger and an attacking mid.
We need a backup to Bellerin before the first game.
We need a starting LB.

Looking absolutely fantastic.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We need a starting LB.

5 players in 5 players out or more

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We need a starting LB.

Can't believe we might not have any new faces on tour. F*cking Mustafi will be sat on the plane and all.

Pre-season is exciting because you get to see new players get involved etc yet it's unlikely we'll have one. I doubt i'll be bothered to watch many games.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I don’t want 5 players, that’s probably 5 players worth 20M.

Buy less players for more money, Tierney and Zaha would be quality additions that could help us now.

We’re not going to become title contenders overnight, it’ll take years.
This.

Tierney, Zaha, and Saliba is great business for us in one summer. If we can buttress that with a Ceballos loan, even better.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Buy less players for more money, Tierney and Zaha would be quality additions that could help us now.

Its clear since start of window we need WF cm LB CB backuo RB we'll end up between 4-5 players

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What’s the priority though? Literally all those positions are in desperate need. If we don’t get a back up to Bellerin it means starting the season with AMN at RB or a back three. No LB means Monreal or a back three with the tractor in the side. No CM means Xhaka, Mkhi starting with no winger etc etc

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What’s the priority though? Literally all those positions are in desperate need. If we don’t get a back up to Bellerin it means starting the season with AMN at RB or a back three. No LB means Monreal or a back three with the tractor in the side. No CM means Xhaka, Mkhi starting with no winger etc etc

Tierney means we can play a back four, use AMN at RB till Bellerin’s fit. Not that bad.

Zaha means we’ve actually got width. Our style of play will improve from simply having pace and a threat in behind with a back four.

At the back roll with whatever combination of Holding, Sokratis, Mavrapanos and Kos (assuming he stays) for another year in a back four.

Midfield will still be Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi but you’d hope Willock will be able to contribute as well as AMN once Bellerin is fit.

Right flank will be a weakness, combo of Özil, Mkhi and Iwobi but you’d hope that if Nelson stays he could break through and get some experience.

It’s not a team that’s going to be very good, but with the state of Chelsea and Utd I absolutely believe it’s enough to scrape top 4 so we can focus on a CM and CB as well as Saliba next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom