• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Excluding Messi and Ronaldo for obvious reasons, it was mostly RVP and Suarez for me during that time that had it all.

With Ibra also magical, but in his own style and way.
Messi and Ronaldo are just something else altogether. I was talking about strikers of the mortal kind. Suarez definitely up there as well as Aguero but RvP and Zlatan were sort of very very unique of their kind.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
They are all useful for squad depth and to have flexibilty to adapt to your opponent, but currently we should focus on building the strongest possible first eleven we can with both, focus on present and potential for the future.

Ideally, I'd see players like Zaha and Nelson on the wings for our future Arsenal and at some point, even though I really like Auba and PEA, have a real heir to RVP/Henry.

Having a striker that has the full package, technique, pace, shooting, vision, good up front, good at dropping back, is just everything you dream about.

As much as I hate the way RVP left, boy he had it all. Prime RVP pisses all over Laca/PEA, no offense.
Would be great to have that sort of striker.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Raul and Vinai would be sitting in their homes, having peanuts, reading this thread, sharing screenshots and joking "Look at these losers. They are arguing on whether to buy Zaha or Fraser while we have money for neither"

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
it was mostly RVP and Suarez for me during that time that had it all.

Really rated Fernando Torres when he first came to England, thought he was a pretty complete package for a striker, too. Maybe technically not on the level of Robin or Zlatan, but he did have some fine technique. Unfortunately he did in his knees after like 2 or 3 seasons iirc.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I honestly think this could be the signing that gives us a different dimension. Someone who can break at pace and put in pin point crosses for Auba and co to tap in. We generally try to break open teams by passing the ball patiently and creating spaces with movement in the middle, but when opponents close up shop, we lack penetration. That's why we suffered when Bellerin was out, and that's why we need a player who's pacy, comfortable staying wide, and can fizz in those really dangerous balls.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Really rated Fernando Torres when he first came to England, thought he was a pretty complete package for a striker, too. Maybe technically not on the level of Robin or Zlatan, but he did have some fine technique. Unfortunately he did in his knees after like 2 or 3 seasons iirc.
Torres was a bomb. Absolutely tore it up but he wasn't quite an all around player like them though.

Toby

Torres was a bomb. Absolutely tore it up but he wasn't quite an all around player like them though.

He wasn't as creative as them and like I said technically not on their level, but for a striker he was still pretty complete. Technical, pacey, quick and mobile, great movement, strong, clinical finish with both feet and head. Pretty similar to Luis Suarez honestly.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He wasn't as creative as them and like I said technically not on their level, but for a striker he was still pretty complete. Technical, pacey, quick and mobile, great movement, strong, clinical finish with both feet and head. Pretty similar to Luis Suarez honestly.
Yeah, he was electric . Suarez was something else though. More complete, aggressive, hard working, more skillful and was very creative in scoring some stunning goals. Torres on the other hand was more straight forward. Once his knees went taking away his blistering speed, he became ineffective.

Toby

Yeah, he was electric . Suarez was something else though. More complete, aggressive, hard working, more skillful and was very creative in scoring some stunning goals. Torres on the other hand was more straight forward. Once his knees went taking away his blistering speed, he became ineffective.

Yeah but then again Suarez' knees never went away and he's had a very full career. Torres had his break out at Atletico and three seasons at Liverpool before he was basically done. Still survived at the top (Chelsea, second Atletico stint and Spain) for much longer than expected due to his allround quality despite having lost his pace, athleticism, confidence and goal getting instincts. And he was pretty hardworking and skillful, too, especially at scoring. Sure, he wasn't an aggressive terrier like Suarez and the Uruguayan has maybe a bit more silkier skills, but imo they are or were pretty close and similar overall. Torres just never could leave such a mark as the other one, despite quite an illustruous career.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Yeah but then again Suarez' knees never went away and he's had a very full career. Torres had his break out at Atletico and three seasons at Liverpool before he was basically done. Still survived at the top (Chelsea, second Atletico stint and Spain) for much longer than expected due to his allround quality despite having lost his pace, athleticism, confidence and goal getting instincts. And he was pretty hardworking and skillful, too, especially at scoring. Sure, he wasn't an aggressive terrier like Suarez and the Uruguayan has maybe a bit more silkier skills, but imo they are or were pretty close and similar overall. Torres just never could leave such a mark as the other one, despite quite an illustruous career.
It was more he was forced upon Chelsea managers because of Abramabitch being stubborn having spent a fortune on him and nobody else could afford or want to take a chance on him given his condition. He only began to work hard and got stuck in to be somewhat useful. Can't knock his trophy haul and yeah you never know how far he could've gone without injuries.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Messi and Ronaldo are just something else altogether. I was talking about strikers of the mortal kind. Suarez definitely up there as well as Aguero but RvP and Zlatan were sort of very very unique of their kind.
Best modern day strikers for me are Aguero and Zlatan. These guys have been decimating opposition year in year out in top leagues for their entire career.

I respect their longevity a lot when you compare them to other great strikers who were only at the top of their game for 5-7 years max. These two did it for 10+

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Damn, totally forgot him there.
Cutting off his long blond hair back then was like cutting of his Dragonball-like super powers.

Basically went from the skillset at the ball from Zaha to Fraser

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I honestly think this could be the signing that gives us a different dimension. Someone who can break at pace and put in pin point crosses for Auba and co to tap in. We generally try to break open teams by passing the ball patiently and creating spaces with movement in the middle, but when opponents close up shop, we lack penetration. That's why we suffered when Bellerin was out, and that's why we need a player who's pacy, comfortable staying wide, and can fizz in those really dangerous balls.

I assume you're talking about Fraser, if so I agree. I thought I'd stumbled across a "who's your favourite striker/player thread" :)

Top Bottom