• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The club had begun to fall apart under his watch. Two years without CL got the ball rolling. That was how it ended for Wenger. Sadly, we can't erase that.

Is the ball still rolling, or was last season the start of a recovery, as we hadn't gone backwards again?

That remains to be seen.
If you and all other fans had only started clubbing Wenger after he fell out of the top 4, I’d have some sympathy with your point.

And it’s hardly likely that Emery would go backwards for several reasons:
  • the players had the weight of the world off their backs suddenly
  • he had a half decent transfer window with Torreira, Leno Guendouzi and Sokratis
  • in my opinion he’s a decent manager
But no further forward, the club is still stuck with Kroenke, and some low quality panic acquisition players from when the fans were baying for blood.

People blaming Wenger for everything in 2002?

People still blaming Wenger for everything in 2019 even if he is not manager anymore. The guy can't catch a break.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd

People still blaming Wenger for everything in 2019 even if he is not manager anymore. The guy can't catch a break.
Lol it was a bit of banter from the squad. Do you know what’s hilarious though? When the fans were singing ‘we got our arsenal back!!!’ At the beginning of last season After emery went a few games unbeaten against poor opposition. Some of our fans are pathetic :lol: look how that turned out

Lol it was a bit of banter from the squad. Do you know what’s hilarious though? When the fans were singing ‘we got our arsenal back!!!’ At the beginning of last season After emery went a few games unbeaten against poor opposition. Some of our fans are pathetic :lol: look how that turned out

Yeah I remember, it was when we scored goals from beautiful attacks but it was only because there was still some Wenger left in that Arsenal team. 5 months later under Emery the team is ultra defensive, don't know how to attack and can't even defend. But people still blaming Wenger for it. :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member

I don't think last season was that bad, was just a late collapse with a few bad team selections, gambles juggling EL/PL that did not pay off. Guardiola and Klopp needed until the second season to make their mark. Let's see how it goes. Either Emery makes Top 4 this coming season or he doesn't.

Regarding "we got our Arsenal back", that was all more to do with what was seen on the pitch, but there is one thing in general that had to happen anyway. Maybe it was age with Arsène, I hear the workload of the job was becoming not so good as far as his health was concerned, and that's because clubs had evolved where they had become so large that everything could not revolve around one man anymore. We've got maybe eight people taking off the workload one person was centralised around previously. Whether those are the best people, only time will tell, but the structural change was well overdue in truth.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

Because this is still Wengers squad, a horrible unbalanced mess full of losers on massive salaries making them impossible to shift and not one winger (while he let Gnabry go for nothing).
Wenger /the club spent £200m on Mustafi, Xhaka, Aubameyang and Lacazette , these four between them have solved one of our problems, one half decent striker (as we can only play one at a time).
Emery was left with this squad, the budget of a decent Championship team and virtually no attractive assets, show me a Champions League team who can only bring players in on loan ffs.

This club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom, none of this is Emery's fault, Guardiola finished 4th on goal difference in his first season at City, that was with (a fit) Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Fernandinho DeBruyne, Sterling etc, he wouldn't have got 4th with our squad.
As if his job wasn't hard enough Emery had to contend with long term injuries to Holding and Bellerin as well, one point off 4th and a European final is a decent effort, I don't think people fully appreciate what a hospital pass (putting it mildly) the bloke has been handed here.

Any manager in the world would need serious backing and at least three transfer windows to even begin to correct this mess, this is 99.9% a combination of Wenger and the people running the club.
We won't know what portion of the percentage to attribute to which until Wenger writes a book.

say yes

forum master baiter
Your boy Ivan extended his deal after it was announced Wenger was leaving.

Beat me to it..

giphy.gif

Elneny signed his new contract on 26 March. Big Wengz wasn’t sacked until 20 April (reckon Elneny was one of the things that pushed the board over the edge).

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just looking over my favourite Wenger quotes. This one’s a classic, think I’ll get it on a T shirt.

I tried to watch the Tottenham match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.” :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

giphy.gif

Elneny signed his new contract on 26 March. Big Wengz wasn’t sacked until 20 April (reckon Elneny was one of the things that pushed the board over the edge).

Nah had Wenger had **** all to do with signings during and after Jan window . Why the **** would he try and extend a contract of a player he tried to sell the next season .

Was your boy Gazidis.:D

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nah had Wenger had **** all to do with signings during and after Jan window . Why the **** would he try and extend a contract of a player he tried to sell the next season .

Was your boy Gazidis.:D
As if you are working at Arsenal, typing out contracts for the players to sign.
Don’t pretend wenger didn’t know anything about that. If it was Gazidis decision, at least he will have to get wenger to agree on that.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think between 2008-2010 we would have had a chance at the title. 2016 was the one that got away. The UCL I'm not sure about but crucially, we lost too many important players to kick on properly. By 2013, the cupboard was bare and a rebuild with dabbling Ivan was never going to work.
Big fan of wenger before 2012, we played some great football and other teams tactics wasn’t that complex in that era.
Shame he decided to trust Giroud and the British core, play boring football and not keeping up with modern tactics.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom