• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Big Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No he wasn't. He was a phenom pre ankle brake.

I'm sure you have think of those few years after the injury when he was working his way back to form. I remember he needed that loan to Cardiff.

17-18 year old Ramsey was very special. I thought what were we doing buying him when we had Henri Lansbury coming through. Boy was I wrong...Ramsey has special ability and would probably be more appreciated had he been Brazilian and called Rambinhio.

Just thinking about it makes me feel sick.

Ramsey has developed into a topnotch player, but you cannot help but feel he'd have reached a level above without the injury. Killed some of his dynamic and speed/acceleration.

Get really angry when I think about Ramsey and Diaby there and also Eduardo. We really got too many of those worst-case injuries back then.

It really felt like a curse, not granting us to win the league.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Nelson #24
Willock #28
Nketiah #30
Smith Rowe #32

The dream is that they all kick on & have fantastic careers here. The ultimate dream is that they succeed to a degree so as to eclipse the "Class of 92".

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Big fan of a young ramsey. Technical, good positioning, passing, vision.... He was a xavi/pirlo in the making.

But he lost all these after he was injured, and choose to play in a completely different way, which is ****ing ****.

Try having your ankle snapped in half and then see if it doesn't change the way you play or have an impact on the way you approach the game mentally.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think Smith-Rowe can develop into an interesting 8. Thinking about this at work but I think he should switch places with Willock in terms of positional development.I know a lot of people see him as a 10 but I think he would be better deeper. He’s tall and I think he could have another growth spurt. He looked good deep for Leipzig when he came on as a sub.

Manberg

Predator
He can’t be as good as you guys say he is if he hardly played this season, both under Emery and on loan, despite an injury.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Yeah, it's not really close at this stage, but progression isn't linear..

Ramsey was doing this in the CL as a 19 year old and had already performed in the PL and fa cup too by that stage, Smith-Rowe hasn't shown anything near that level yet, hopefully he'll get his chances this season to prove he can contribute, won't know until he gets real games. but even if he's not ready he's obviously a top talent and looks destined to be a great player in the future.

When asked of all the players he failed to sign although he wanted to who was "the one who got away", SAF said it was Ramsey. Says it all really.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It’s because Ramsey was technical and good back then, he was like a pirlo at CM and a silva at CAM, rather silky.
What SAF wanted was an pre-injured ramsey.

He decided to change his game completely after his injury and play the lampard/gerrard (non-technical, boring, ****) way.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It’s because Ramsey was technical and good back then, he was like a pirlo at CM and a silva at CAM, rather silky.
What SAF wanted was an pre-injured ramsey.

He decided to change his game completely after his injury and play the lampard/gerrard (non-technical, boring, ****) way.

:lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
People said that about Gnabry

No they didn't.. Gnabry was already playing and even starting PL games as a 17/18 year old and he was actually making the difference in games too. He was about to establish himself in the first team and then he got that knee injury that cost him a year(basically 2).. Emile Smith Rowe is yet to play a real first team game that's not meant for squad players.

He's obviously talented, but let him prove himself first. Emery clearly likes him so if he feels he's ready he'll get his chances this season.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah, it's not really close at this stage, but progression isn't linear..

Ramsey was doing this in the CL as a 19 year old and had already performed in the PL and fa cup too by that stage, Smith-Rowe hasn't shown anything near that level yet, hopefully he'll get his chances this season to prove he can contribute, won't know until he gets real games. but even if he's not ready he's obviously a top talent and looks destined to be a great player in the future.
Look at those accurate long pass, he dictates the tempo of the game, the through ball that beautifully cut through the opponent’s defence, and his positioning was good.

Lost all of these after the injury.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

No they didn't.. Gnabry was already playing and even starting PL games as a 17/18 year old and he was actually making the difference in games too. He was about to establish himself in the first team and then he got that knee injury that cost him a year(basically 2).. Emile Smith Rowe is yet to play a real first team game that's not meant for squad players.

He's obviously talented, but let him prove himself first. Emery clearly likes him so if he feels he's ready he'll get his chances this season.

Quite a few people were saying he's not good enough for is because he couldn't get in the West Brom team, stupidly but it was going on

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Wilshere learned a bit of the English boring **** style in Bolton too. Thought he was going to be as great as a Spainish midfielder.

It’s great that now we have our youngsters being loan to Germany to learn how to play proper football (the beautiful game).

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Quite a few people were saying he's not good enough for is because he couldn't get in the West Brom team, stupidly but it was going on
English managers hates talented players. A young Ronaldinho will be rejected by stoke city because he is too “flashy”. They want players to be physical and run up and down he pitch.
Thauvin and Gnabry were top talent, have been a big fan of both since they were very young with people doubting them.

The manager didn’t like his style doesn’t mean he is ****. And numbers means nothing to a player’s ability.
When he made a god like through pass but the striker was too slow to get it. Or he dribbled past 3 players but end up with no goal because no teammates was running up to support.
Some people might look at the results and claim he is ****. But I would see how good the pass/dribble was, and imagine if he was playing with more technical teammates, he will be ****ing amazing.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Look at those accurate long pass, he dictates the tempo of the game, the through ball the beautifully cut through opponent’s defence, his positioning was good.

Lost all of these after the injury.

Yeah the injury happened at a crucial stage of his development, he definitely would have been a much better player if not for that legbreak, looked like he had it all in his locker... Have to remember he was going from Cardiff's academy to Arsenal, in his own words:

In my first training session we did a load of mannequin work and one-touch passing routines, and I felt a long way off the level required for the Premier League. The quality, accuracy and crispness of passing was way above what I was used to, so I really had to focus and test myself.

training with the likes of Cesc, Nasri, Rosicky , playing games with them all would have helped making him better technically. His technique was never going to be Xavi or Iniesta level, but it was developing really nicely here and then he basically lost a full year.. Now his touch is very inconsistent, he can go from an insane touch to a **** one lol..

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

ohh after the West brom stint.. Fair enough, some people were probably saying that then.. Wasn't there concerns about his fitness too?(calling him fat or was that another player).. Sending him to Pulis was an awful decision lol.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Just thinking about it makes me feel sick.

Ramsey has developed into a topnotch player, but you cannot help but feel he'd have reached a level above without the injury. Killed some of his dynamic and speed/acceleration.

Get really angry when I think about Ramsey and Diaby there and also Eduardo. We really got too many of those worst-case injuries back then.

It really felt like a curse, not granting us to win the league.
Add Wilshere to the list, his ability no way matches the high trajectory he should have had. The youngsters we have at the moment aren't with those guys at that age group.

Godwin1

Very well-known
It's funny to think a lot of the people who post about our youngsters have probably never seen them play so don't know what the **** they are talking about. Yet these people are insistent that Emery, who's actually seen these players in person, has to start them or he's ****. Visa versa as well.

It's funny to think a lot of the people who post about our youngsters have probably never seen them play so don't know what the **** they are talking about. Yet these people are insistent that Emery, who's actually seen these players in person, has to start them or he's ****. Visa versa as well.

What people here mate? Name and shame!

I for example have watched as much as I can but I never insisted that he should be starting them all the time or anything like that. Just like to give them more chances than what we saw last season and I think that has been the general viewing of the situation!

I think the problem is more that people who never actually watch the u23 or u18 just go outright on the forum here calling all of these players **** and don't think they have any potential. For example Yousif earlier this winter said that our academy was poverty, one of the worst he ever seen. But after watching a couple of games and following them after that his view took a u-turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom