• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mario Lemina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Putting to one side for a second...

He isn’t the name I was hoping for, but he is the profile of player that could address an issue with our central midfield. It’s something Clive on the Arsenal Vision Podcast pointed out before. We can’t dominate midfield, we cant keep up with dynamic teams we are weak in the centre of the pitch and weaker teams use that to their advantage and increase their midfield Athleticism. Off the top of my head the games against Leicester and Wolves were really clear examples of this. Two sides were more athletic and wouldn’t let us settle and control tempo and we couldn’t keep up.

We have too many midfield joggers Xhaka, Elneny and Guendouzi are all joggers. Great when we have a slow possession style but we need to be more aggressive getting about the pitch. I think that’s why Emery moves Torreira up the pitch as the season went on. We were just lethargic in midfield off the ball.

Although Lemina I can take or leave, he has qualities that we lack and I think the style of central midfielder is the right one.

6gunner

Putting to one side for a second...

He isn’t the name I was hoping for, but he is the profile of player that could address an issue with our central midfield. It’s something Clive on the Arsenal Vision Podcast pointed out before. We can’t dominate midfield, we cant keep up with dynamic teams we are weak in the centre of the pitch and weaker teams use that to their advantage and increase their midfield Athleticism. Off the top of my head the games against Leicester and Wolves were really clear examples of this. Two sides were more athletic and wouldn’t let us settle and control tempo and we couldn’t keep up.

We have too many midfield joggers Xhaka, Elneny and Guendouzi are all joggers. Great when we have a slow possession style but we need to be more aggressive getting about the pitch. I think that’s why Emery moves Torreira up the pitch as the season went on. We were just lethargic in midfield off the ball.

Although Lemina I can take or leave, he has qualities that we lack and I think the style of central midfielder is the right one.

Best post on this forum in a while

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lemina has been out for 222 days. missed 38 games in 4 years. No serious injuries.
Tierney has been out for 239 days, missed 41 games in 3 years . Two serious injuries.

Drop the injury argument its pointless. He is fine.

Profile wise, people seemed more concerned with his instagram, twitter and girlfriend more than what he is as a footballer. he has played in a top top team in Juventus. He is fully adjusted to life in England. He is a good age and has a good 4-5 years in him.

Buying from the teams below us is something we have been very bad at. I talked about the Wijlandum equivalent and people have mentioned the similarities also. Wjijnaldum appeared a lazy number 10 at Newcastle. Now he is a box to box dynamic midfielder. Lemina is exactly that.

Iwobi------Lemina

-------Torreira

That is a combative midfield that doesn't get dominated physically. Or we could get Ceballos on loan and play

Ceballos ---Guendouzi

----------Xhaka

Have zero pace and get dominated physically every game hoping our strikers pull something out of the bag.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
I agree that I think moving to a midfield 3 is what we need to do to make us more solid. Not add an extra defender, add an extra midfielder. I also agree that Iwobis future is at that 8 position. Think Xhaka and Chambers, potentially, are better protected when they have athletes in front of them. So i’d lean to playing:

New CM (?Lemina)/Iwobi/Willock - Torreira/Guendouzi
Xhaka/Chambers/Bielik

Delete as appropriate for anyone sold.

Just my 2 cents, don’t go slating Chambers or Iwobi for it!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We're not going anywhere with fcuking Lemina in the team.

Might as well write the season off, and play some high potential youth

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Lemina has been out for 222 days. missed 38 games in 4 years. No serious injuries.
Tierney has been out for 239 days, missed 41 games in 3 years . Two serious injuries.

Drop the injury argument its pointless. He is fine.

Profile wise, people seemed more concerned with his instagram, twitter and girlfriend more than what he is as a footballer. he has played in a top top team in Juventus. He is fully adjusted to life in England. He is a good age and has a good 4-5 years in him.

Buying from the teams below us is something we have been very bad at. I talked about the Wijlandum equivalent and people have mentioned the similarities also. Wjijnaldum appeared a lazy number 10 at Newcastle. Now he is a box to box dynamic midfielder. Lemina is exactly that.

Iwobi------Lemina

-------Torreira

That is a combative midfield that doesn't get dominated physically. Or we could get Ceballos on loan and play

Ceballos ---Guendouzi

----------Xhaka

Have zero pace and get dominated physically every game hoping our strikers pull something out of the bag.
He had a knee injury that surfaced when joining Juve. Its listed as 'inflammation' on the injury sites though. His agent spoke about the issue... Might be the red flag people mention.

“He has completely overcame the knee injury, he’s finally 100% fit and ready to play”, Yvan Le Mée told CM.com’s Federico Zanon.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
there many players with bad attitude that affect their footballing talent Lemina is one of them.

Highgate

There is no doubt we need a player like him that can drive the ball in midfield.

I see the why the attitude is questioned, anytime I see a black player with blond hair, I get suspecious, unless he is a striker, strikers need to be weird. It's a joke don't lecture me now.

Anyway maybe we need to gamble because of our ridiculous budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom