• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'm just annoyed that this washed up, pointless player is now attracting all the discussion on forums etc. when I only care about who the **** we are signing.

carlito'sway

Established Member
It was a ridiculous statement from you, he's cost the team in several big games including semi-finals and finals.

You can't go on tour without your club captain and not give a reason. It would've been leaked by journalists at some point and made the club look worse.

I guess nuance is not your forte. Just read the thread and you will see the context i am talking about it.

Dude, how many times players have "diplomatic" injuries just to avoid any controversies? :rolleyes:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not nice attitude from kosh we all loved him I think the club will let him go at some point in this window there was no need to act like that

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I haven't read any statements yet, just catching up with the news. I will say one thing though.

Koscielny has been here for 10 years and from what I can gather, there's never been any issues with his attitude. One has to question what has happened behind the scenes to cause this reaction.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I haven't read any statements yet, just catching up with the news. I will say one thing though.

Koscielny has been here for 10 years and from what I can gather, there's never been any issues with his attitude. One has to question what has happened behind the scenes to cause this reaction.

It is unusual that he would refuse to go on tour . All come out in the wash soon enough . I'll wait till then before I make a judgement .

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I am talking attitude and commitment wise, evidently not performance's.
Having said that for Kos to get to that extreme, something must have happened between him and the current managing team. That is very unlike him. Was he promised something that was not delivered? I have a feeling there is more to this story.

It's unusual for a player of his age to get a 3 year deal anywhere, let alone a top club that allows him to return home to be with family. At his stage of life and with the injuries he's had, that probably matters more than football.

I honestly don't think there's a lot more to it than a guy who wants to go home.

Alkane

So we are going to pay him over 3 M this year and have sitting at Colney? Would be very smart from a club that apparently is trying to cut costs.
At the end of the day, he will leave this summer, that is a simple fact.
3m is a small price to pay to set a precedent such that this doesn’t happen again. What if Aubameyang does this next summer, could knock 10-20m off his value if he thought doing the same would force through a transfer. Plus why should we be getting mugged off by Laurent bloody Koscielny, he’s hardly Neymar ffs

Tom349

It is unusual that he would refuse to go on tour . All come out in the wash soon enough . I'll wait till then before I make a judgement .

Not unusual at all. The club has known for ages that Koscielny has wanted to leave and have done nothing about it, except supposedly slapped a 10m price tag on him which if true shows how inept and greedy the ****s running the show are. This has forced matters into Koscielnys own hands and he is now forcing the move as the club has done nothing.

You would think if you got told a player wants out and is already past it you would be proactive and go out and find a replacement so that things could end without the circus. But what have they done? We're a month out from the start of the season and we've made one signing and are close to making a second in the position Kos plays but we intend to loan him back. Situations like this arise when you're being run by clowns, which make no mistake we're being run by clowns.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I guess nuance is not your forte. Just read the thread and you will see the context i am talking about it.

Dude, how many times players have "diplomatic" injuries just to avoid any controversies? :rolleyes:
Maybe if he didn't act like a ****, they could have come to an agreement. They let Debuchy go for free, so if Koscielny and his agent asked the club to take a lower fee they would've acquiesced in the end.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not unusual at all. The club has known for ages that Koscielny has wanted to leave and have done nothing about it, except supposedly slapped a 10m price tag on him which if true shows how inept and greedy the ****s running the show are. This has forced matters into Koscielnys own hands and he is now forcing the move as the club has done nothing.

You would think if you got told a player wants out and is already past it you would be proactive and go out and find a replacement so that things could end without the circus. But what have they done? We're a month out from the start of the season and we've made one signing and are close to making a second in the position Kos plays but we intend to loan him back. Situations like this arise when you're being run by clowns, which make no mistake we're being run by clowns.

I guess he buys out his contract then , probably get a compensated Bordeaux for it .

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I've never rated Koscielny and thought he's been a liability the whole time here. Him forcing his way out is only a positive and we should've got rid of him 8 years ago before he could single handedly lose us so many games.

Not to mention all you fanboys that attacked me for crapping on him just for him to turn around and rub it in your faces.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He's always had the mentality of a defeatist, nice to see it's complimented by his weasel like behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom