• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,876

We have lost some big talents this summer and got close to nothing for them.

Doesn't surprise me this is happening under Emery. What he is doing this summer is what he should have done last summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Amaechi leaving confirmed now I guess.. Good luck to him.
He will IMO be a star and people will talk about him the way they talk about Gnabry now.

"Why did the club get rid?" Only way to offset that is to use the considerable talent that's left. Plenty more where Amaechi came from.

As you say, good luck to him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He will IMO be a star and people will talk about him the way they talk about Gnabry now.

"Why did the club get rid?" Only way to offset that is to use the considerable talent that's left. Plenty more where Amaechi came from.

That injury really cost him, he would have got the chances Saka got last season if not I think..

Timing and luck plays a huge part in who makes it..

That injury really cost him, he would have got the chances Saka got last season if not I think..

Timing and luck plays a huge part in who makes it..

Why would he got Saka chances? Saka got his chances because he his elite talent him self and way ahead of his age group. Saka did not get the chances Amiechi should have got but because he got injured he didn't.

Ljungberg influence should have got Amiechi a chance to come on tour but he most likely has either be sat down with both Emery and Ljungberg and they told him that he needs to wait and train hard next year, that he is behind other stronger talents. Or Amiechi has asked to be sold.

But here is also a likely scenario I thought of. Maybe we are loaning him? This year Nelson?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ljungberg influence should have got Amiechi a chance to come on tour but he most likely has either be sat down with both Emery and Ljungberg and they told him that he needs to wait and train hard next year, that he is behind other stronger talents. Or Amiechi has asked to be sold.

But here is also a likely scenario I thought of. Maybe we are loaning him? This year Nelson?
A potential scenario. Stellar agent work if so.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's been like that for a little while now, don't think this in and of itself is an indicator but definitely a clue as to where he's at in terms of his future.

Think we will definitely lose him. I'm already kinda over it - I like him a lot and think he's a top, top talent but fortunately for us we're kinda bloated in the attacking talent department with players of an equivalent level of ability and potential. Even the new scholar Kido Taylor-Hart is similar in stature and style. I think we'll be fine, and maybe it will also work out for Amaechi - he's a player I like so I hope it does. The whispers I've heard suggest it's actually Bayern Munich who are most interested - perhaps missing out on Hudson-Odoi will speed this along.

Amaechi, Musah and Daley-Campbell are three top prospects to lose in one summer.

Shows the strength of the academy in many ways.
Definitely. All 3 are big losses but thanks to the groundwork we have laid out, at least 2 of these departures will be covered.

Musah's dynamism and technical ability in midfield will be a big loss to cover - but with a player like Ebiowei close to U18 action at some point in the next year, we can potentially fill that void in the U18 set-up. I've also heard of a player called Mauro Bandeira in the U16 team who's meant to be very good, although I've yet to see him any clip of him.

As I said above, Amaechi is competing with wingers like Nelson and Saka, while the club has also brought in Martinelli who looks more wide-forward than centre forward. All players look very talented here. Plus, the aforementioned Taylor-Hart looks impressive in the small samples seen. Ebiowei could still yet be a winger here aswell.

The only one that looks difficult to replace here is Daley-Campbell, and that's really because we aren't producing many early career full-backs, just wingers who can play there. I'm anxious to see Daniel Oyegoke because I've heard good things about him.

The academy is in very healthy shape, and despite these very disappointing potential departures, we look strong enough to absorb the hit.

akhil

Always bound to lose some, 3 wingers coming through at the same time. Can't blame him for considering his options. For every Iwobi, Bellerin there'll be an Akpom who toiled away on loan to get nowhere.
Similarly for every Sancho, there'll be a Chris Willock and Marcus Mcguane. These guys moved away to a lot of fanfare and they've gotten nowhere since.

He needs to make a smart move where he gets consistent minutes at a good level.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom