• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Just another proof that no one takes the club seriously. Most players are here for vacation. Just 2 months back, our goalkeeper was negotiating with a team we are going to face in EL final for a future position and we still ****ing played that ***** in the final match. Now, there is a player who is asking us to leave him for free when he is still under contract.
This rotten culture is what led us to the downfall. This culture is the reason why we have been so **** in the recent years. We missed the chance to bench Cech and send a message across in Europa league final. At least now, we should show that we mean business and no players can **** around.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
In a slower less physical league which will be good for his wrecked body

He played so many games for us that he shouldnt have played in a well run club with an adequate squad.

Hurting for years and always fighting

I dunno all The ins and outs but he has not failed us before, the board and management have done so for many years!

Sofar I stand behind Kos
Nah, no room for sentiment in football. Even guys like Nasri and RVP who were desperate to leave managed to stay professional until the end.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
They're offering him a three year deal, the kind of security a 34 year old on his last legs would jump at.

I just googled Bordeaux's player wages, apparently the highest paid player is on €19,577 p/w.

Koscielny is on £90,000 p/w, what would Bordeaux stretch to, 30k, 40k p/w? If he was to sit on his last year here he would earn well and still probably be able to find a club in France on a free..?

I'm surprised he has taken it this far, fair enough if he asks the club to release him, but to go this far when the club say no is a bit daft to me.

9yrs here, couldn't he have just pocketed the 10yr testimonial money instead?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Koscielny doesn't deserve fond memories because of all his terrible performances over the years, he's been here 9 years and we should've sold him 8 1/2 years ago.

I've never seena CB get physically bullied as much as Koscielny, say what you want about Mustafi and his brain farts but at least he doesn't get pushed around like this punani.

Might be my least favourite Arsenal player ever.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Koscielny doesn't deserve fond memories because of all his terrible performances over the years, he's been here 9 years and we should've sold him 8 1/2 years ago.

I've never seena CB get physically bullied as much as Koscielny, say what you want about Mustafi and his brain farts but at least he doesn't get pushed around like this punani.

Might be my least favourite Arsenal player ever.

That is hard to take seriously anybody who can write stuff like that. Even at 34 yrs old and on his last legs, Kos is still the best CB at AFC.
The state of the fans....SMH...

ClubLevel

I just googled Bordeaux's player wages, apparently the highest paid player is on €19,577 p/w.

Koscielny is on £90,000 p/w, what would Bordeaux stretch to, 30k, 40k p/w? If he was to sit on his last year here he would earn well and still probably be able to find a club in France on a free..?

I'm surprised he has taken it this far, fair enough if he asks the club to release him, but to go this far when the club say no is a bit daft to me.

Maybe he is hoping to be released on a free so he gets a nice big signing on fee? But not sure how that works with his current loyalty bonus.

BigPoppaPump

That is hard to take seriously anybody who can write stuff like that. Even at 34 yrs old and on his last legs, Kos is still the best CB at AFC.
The state of the fans....SMH...

Do you disagree that Koscielny has been a mainstay in many terrible defences and that he is prone to crumble when things are going wrong? Also that he bottles it in big games?

BigPoppaPump

tenor.gif

Never see this happen to Sol or Tony.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Just another proof that no one takes the club seriously. Most players are here for vacation. Just 2 months back, our goalkeeper was negotiating with a team we are going to face in a club final for a future position and we still ****ing played that ***** in the final match. Now, there is a player who is asking us to leave him for free when he is still under contract.
This rotten culture is what led us to the downfall. This culture is the reason why we have been so **** in the recent years. We missed the chance to bench Cech and send a message across in Europa league final. At least now, we should show that we mean business and no players can **** around.
Most disappointing thing about it was it was our new manager who did that (played Cech under those circumstances).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Opposition forwards knew he was timid and knew they could bully him. They knew he'd never fight back. Again like I said, excellent when it comes to his tackling, recoveries, interceptions and the likes but there were clear limitations that were exposed time and time again throughout the years. A lot of the time, unfortunately for us, happened to be in big games.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If we somehow give in and let Kos go without a fee, we might as wel pack it in as a club. He needs to be made an example of. Let Bordeaux or whoever is interested in him pay a fee or he can rot in the reserves.

What a time to be alive. A player like Kos (current version) trying to dictate the terms of his employment with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom