• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The deal is done we cant go and offer them new terms that's will only be problem for us.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Saliba is the one who wants the loan back included in the deal.
Why anyway? Did he not see how many minutes Guendouzi got in his first season? And he came from ligue 2. Saliba has to fight Mustafi for a place, basically if he keeps on breathing he starts at least 30 games the coming season at Arsenal. What’s his problem?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Why anyway? Did he not see how many minutes Guendouzi got in his first season? And he came from ligue 2. Saliba has to fight Mustafi for a place, basically if he keeps on breathing he starts at least 30 games the coming season at Arsenal. What’s his problem?
I see both angles, from potentially his perspective, the PL is completely a different beast and can ravage a youngster’s confidence. To say that we have a nurturing environment is debatable as well, unless you come from the academy. A year to refine and gather more experience is a good career move from his end, obviously disappointed from my end as a gooner though.

Francois

Saliba is the one who wants the loan back included in the deal.
He still needs to develop and a loan will be good for him .

He needs more experience as is still a bit raw .
I think he realises that and would rather mature a bit and gain that experience at a lower level rather than come here and struggle and get written off before he has been given time .
Not yet ready for the physicality of the prem, so will best for all to be loaned back

razörist

He still needs to develop and a loan will be good for him .

He needs more experience as is still a bit raw .
I think he realises that and would rather mature a bit and gain that experience at a lower level rather than come here and struggle and get written off before he has been given time .
Not yet ready for the physicality of the prem, so will best for all to be loaned back
What? At 18 he already looks like a physical beast, will fit in here perfectly, he looks stronger than all our defenders other than perhaps Sokratis. I am pretty disappointed he doesn't already want to come, Guendouzi would have swam the English Canal to come here if he had to, you know he would. I hope this isn't another weak mentality momma's boy.

razörist

I see both angles, from potentially his perspective, the PL is completely a different beast and can ravage a youngster’s confidence. To say that we have a nurturing environment is debatable as well, unless you come from the academy. A year to refine and gather more experience is a good career move from his end, obviously disappointed from my end as a gooner though.
At 19 next year he will stil be young, at 20 too. Might as well come here now and gain some valuable experience. Games you get in the PL at young age are worth it tenfold.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Laughed so hard:lol:

Francois

What? At 18 he already looks like a physical beast, will fit in here perfectly, he looks stronger than all our defenders other than perhaps Sokratis. I am pretty disappointed he doesn't already want to come, Guendouzi would have swam the English Canal to come here if he had to, you know he would. I hope this isn't another weak mentality momma's boy.
He is young and athletic .
He will be in a different country .
He will need time to bed in .
Not ready for prem yet but hopefully will be with a bit more playing experience .
Being reported in France that Lyon/Monaco did look at him but declined to take it further

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Has anyone considered he just doesn't want to leave his family and home just yet? I can understand an 18 yr old giving himself a year to get ready for the upheaval. I realise this doesn't apply to all 18 yr olds, I was taking care of myself from 14 onwards but generally 18 is still a kid.

razörist

Has anyone considered he just doesn't want to leave his family and home just yet? I can understand an 18 yr old giving himself a year to get ready for the upheaval. I realise this doesn't apply to all 18 yr olds, I was taking care of myself from 14 onwards but generally 18 is still a kid.
De Ligt doing his manager's daughter already at 19, living in a penthouse in Amsterdam, going to Juventus to play with Chielini and Bonucci. That's what real men do. I'm afraid we have a momma's boy here.

razörist

Just seen Newcastle are playing St Etienne in pre season whilst I’m still up here finishing my Masters dissertation, will get to see him in the flesh :drool:
Hope it won't be a reaction like Sokratis at Borehamwood away last season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
De Ligt doing his manager's daughter already at 19, living in a penthouse in Amsterdam, going to Juventus to play with Chielini and Bonucci. That's what real men do. I'm afraid we have a momma's boy here.

De Ligt will be a burnt out Coke Head by the time he's 21 :)

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Seems a pretty selfless deal from Raul / Emery / the other guy.

Unless they get cracking on other deals could be the next manager & set of suits that benefit from this kid.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

In the hands of lawyers according to Ornstein.

Saliba wants the deal cancelled no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom