• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highgate

This is bullsh.te

First of all, his.price is 60 million, why would we bid 80 and we'd start at 40 anyway

Secondly him and zaha are very similar talent wise, zaha has the edge as he knows the premier League, Pepe is 2 years younger though.

I don't believe this

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is absolutely no way we would bid 80 million for Pepe. For starters, he isn't worth it. Hell of a smoke screen though.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Sounds like Agent hype to get his player a big money move, you would think with how skint we are they would stop name dropping us, but nope they do it every summer.

Divided_Pie

There is absolutely no way we would bid 80 million for Pepe. For starters, he isn't worth it. Hell of a smoke screen though.
Rather soares or bailey cheaper and younger and plenty of quality and will improve
Arsenal supposedly bid £92m for a less talented Lemar two years ago, and Palace value Zaha at £80m. £72m for Pepe in this inflated market is a relative bargain.

Shocked to see people thumbing their noses at Pepe while constantly whining about the club not wanting to spend. Pepe would be an instant upgrade with WC potential.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal supposedly bid £92m for a less talented Lemar two years ago, and Palace value Zaha at £80m. £72m for Pepe in this inflated market is a relative bargain.

Shocked to see people thumbing their noses at Pepe while constantly whining about the club not wanting to spend. Pepe would be an instant upgrade with WC potential.

The 92 million Lemar bid would have been funded by a 60 million Alexis sale.

I'd also take Everton over Pepe any day. He went to his nations major tournament and actually performed. Pepe went there and did absolutely nothing.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pepe had 33 goals+assists in Ligue 1 last season but apparently that doesn’t count for much

Not saying he isn't a good player. Just a mentality thing for me. Everton just seems stronger mentally. More resilient. Fought his way into a starting position. Pepe spent his time losing the ball instead of taking the responsibility as the most in form player in the team.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Not saying he isn't a good player. Just a mentality thing for me. Everton just seems stronger mentally. More resilient. Fought his way into a starting position. Pepe spent his time losing the ball instead of taking the responsibility as the most in form player in the team.
That's based on one tournament, 5 games or something like that.
Everton needed to show up and get his European transfer while Pepe already knew there are millions thrown at him after his season.
it's not all black and white, tons of shades in between

Divided_Pie

If we want to base a players worth solely on their recent international cup performances then I guess Messi sucks too. Such a small subset of overall performance data and lots of historical precedent to show that national team form often does not correlate to club form. Everton looks talented but he’s 23 and hasn’t scored more than 10 goals in a season playing in Brazil.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This will be more clear this week if its lie or true. But us interested and want to bid for Everton soares meaning this could be more BS

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's based on one tournament, 5 games or something like that.
Everton needed to show up and get his European transfer while Pepe already knew there are millions thrown at him after his season.
it's not all black and white, tons of shades in between

So what are you supposed to base it on? He is playing for his country who actually have a shot at winning it and because he knows he is getting a transfer he underperformed? Like I said. It's a mentality issue.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we want to base a players worth solely on their recent international cup performances then I guess Messi sucks too. Such a small subset of overall performance data and lots of historical precedent to show that national team form often does not correlate to club form. Everton looks talented but he’s 23 and hasn’t scored more than 10 goals in a season playing in Brazil.

I'm not debating that. I am not saying that this tournament defines his career. All I am saying is that at Arsenal there is a mentality problem. There is something about Pepe that just doesn't seem right. Especially for that fee.

Divided_Pie

So what are you supposed to base it on? He is playing for his country who actually have a shot at winning it and because he knows he is getting a transfer he underperformed? Like I said. It's a mentality issue.
Base it on the 38 games last season when he led Lille from being a team that was nearly relegated to a team in the Champions League.

Divided_Pie

I'm not debating that. I am not saying that this tournament defines his career. All I am saying is that at Arsenal there is a mentality problem. There is something about Pepe that just doesn't seem right. Especially for that fee.
You are making a giant assumption about the reason he didn’t perform, when in reality it could be any number of reasons. One could make an equally valid arguement that Everton has a mentality issue based on his choice of hairstyle.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You are making a giant assumption about the reason he didn’t perform, when in reality it could be any number of reasons. One could make an equally valid arguement that Everton has a mentality issue based on his choice of hairstyle.

Yeah. It's an opinion, an assumption based of what I have seen of Pepe this season. With all the goals and assists, there is still something about him that doesn't convince me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom