• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Saka will stay IMO - they don't have to loan him just yet, would be surprised. Saka is probably one of few they'd wanna keep around. Only dubious point is whether he's already above U23 level or not, which you could argue based on last season.

ESR though will probably go back out I think. If they think he won't get much games here then he'll definitely go back out.
I'd personally much prefer ESR stays and gets more game time in the cups in a central role. Either that or we send him to a Championship club ala what Chelski did with Mason.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd personally much prefer ESR stays and gets more game time in the cups in a central role. Either that or we send him to a Championship club ala what Chelski did with Mason.
I'd like him to stay too but if he does then someone else does have to go on loan. I think either Willock or Smith-Rowe go on loan. Ideally, I'd keep and play both here and there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he will be part of the team specially if we just sign Zaha and i prefer him to start ahead of Iwobi and Mkhi too.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
People say that now but look at Ox and Iwobi. They'll get more time but some of our fans are ****** and will hang them out to dry if they don't perform.
Unfortunately that’s a part of football. It’s not just the young players but established stars get abuse too, let’s not forget how Madrid fans use to hound on Ronaldo. You need to have a thick skin to survive in football. I don’t agree with it but it comes with the job.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would love to see Nelson get games this season. He was my favourite young player before he went on loan and I still think he can do a job for us.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
IMO its better to spend on CM/LB/CB than to spend big on Zaha/Pepe, let Nelson/Saka/Martinelli compete with Iwobi/Miki for the wings.
If the club is looking to improve it's financial performance, we should avoid bringing players like Zaha and use Nelson/ESR instead.
By the time we get rid of big contracts for Özil, Mkhi and some others, we would be in a position to offer good money to these young players if they develop as we expect.
Investing big money on a long term LB, is the most important thing for this transfer window.

db10fan

If the club is looking to improve it's financial performance, we should avoid bringing players like Zaha and use Nelson/ESR instead.
By the time we get rid of big contracts for Özil, Mkhi and some others, we would be in a position to offer good money to these young players if they develop as we expect.
Investing big money on a long term LB, is the most important thing for this transfer window.
Mostly agree, but IMO fixing the midfield will improve both attack and defense. So a physically dominant yet skilled CDM of Partey, Diawara, Pulgar will help us more then a new LB. For skillfull ball carrying CAM let ESR/Willock/Iwobi (worth to try him there) prove themselves. But a new youngish LB is still a must, even better if we get some one who can double as LCB, like Diallo (Dortmund) or Sarr (Nice).

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Mostly agree, but IMO fixing the midfield will improve both attack and defense. So a physically dominant yet skilled CDM of Partey, Diawara, Pulgar will help us more then a new LB. For skillfull ball carrying CAM let ESR/Willock/Iwobi (worth to try him there) prove themselves. But a new youngish LB is still a must, even better if we get some one who can double as LCB, like Diallo (Dortmund) or Sarr (Nice).
Stop it, we need no ball carrier who lack the positioning, vision, passing, dictating tempo, tactical awareness........Someone like Tonali or Cuisance to replace Xhaka will do.

db10fan

Stop it, we need no ball carrier who lack the positioning, vision, passing, dictating tempo, tactical awareness........Someone like Tonali or Cuisance to replace Xhaka will do.
Where do I say I want someone who lack those skills? However having those skills without at least decent physicality means a handicapped player.
A team must be balanced in physicality, mentality, technicality with sound tactics to function better than the sum of its parts. And of the current squad taken to USA a glaring lack of physicality is clear to see in its spine of CF, CM and CB. Tonali or Cuisance from what I have read about them is just younger Xhakas, they may grow to be better but they are Deep Lying Playmakers in FM speak.
Look at our succesful years 98-05 CMs, most have good blend of technical, physical, and mental skills. They were skillfull bullies teams hate to play against. Even then back ups like Parlour and Edu will improve our current midfield. We need to have at least 1 CM of their kind.
Agree though we need to replace Xhaka he is too immobile, with less than stellar positioning/awareness thus his mistakes happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom