• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youth got to be kidding?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Most of our seniors can't compete either.
That's questionable. They may not be the best we've had but in the past few seasons we won three FA Cups, finished in the top six throughout and got to the semi-finals and final of the Europa League.

Play the youth team and you'll have a relegation battle on your hands.

Young players need to be brought into a stable team gradually and given a chance to shine without the weight of failure round their necks. To bring them in en masse and expect them to save Kronke's skin would not only be a huge gamble, it would definitely not work.

Look at the teams these boys have faced - they didn't even win their league - and the results they've got and then factor in what they would be up against in the premier league.

That's questionable. They may not be the best we've had but in the past few seasons we won three FA Cups, finished in the top six throughout and got to the semi-finals and final of the Europa League.

Play the youth team and you'll have a relegation battle on your hands.

Young players need to be brought into a stable team gradually and given a chance to shine without the weight of failure round their necks. To bring them in en masse and expect them to save Kronke's skin would not only be a huge gamble, it would definitely not work.

Look at the teams these boys have faced - they didn't even win their league - and the results they've got and then factor in what they would be up against in the premier league.

Don't think I ever seen sensible poster on here saying that we should play a team full of youngsters.

There is just a case that because we have a strong academy at the moment that we give the best talents from the batch more chances than we did last season.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Don't think I ever seen sensible poster on here saying that we should play a team full of youngsters.

There is just a case that because we have a strong academy at the moment that we give the best talents from the batch more chances than we did last season.
Yeah I go along with that but some are suggesting play the boys BECAUSE we can't afford to buy players thus letting Kronke off the hook. If we can't afford to buy players we're shagged, the boys alone won't even keep us where we are.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
No one said change the entire 11....just the underperforming players.

Yeah I go along with that but some are suggesting play the boys BECAUSE we can't afford to buy players thus letting Kronke off the hook. If we can't afford to buy players we're shagged, the boys alone won't even keep us where we are.

Arsenal1508

If we remove all the underperforming players we need at least 10 new players. Doubt there's more than four or five in the youth team ready to be given a chance.

I just need 4.

Nketiah, Nelson, Smith Rowe, and Willock this season.

Saka off the bench sparingly.

Beilik maybe too. I rank him above Mustafi already.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

^Ideally we'd get a winger, LB and if Saliba goes through hen we may get a CB on loan though at this point that seems doubtful (getting a CB on loan that is).

This would leave us something like:

New Winger-Auba/Laca-Nelson/Saka

Torreira/Willock-Iwobi/Özil/SR-Guedouzi/Xhaka

New LB-Holding-Sok-Bellerin

I don't know if the youth players would necessarily start but especially if Özil is getting marginalised then the starting CAM spot would really be for Iwobi if I had my choice, I think he suits the middle more. In this scenario either Smith Rowe or Willock would be second choice.

I thought Smith Rowe was an attacking midfielder, maybe I've got it wrong and he's more b2b?

But yeah, I think Nelson sort of has to start on one wing, as Mkhitaryan is just not reliable at all, or at the very least he needs to be given serious consideration.

Arsenal1508

I just need 4.

Nketiah, Nelson, Smith Rowe, and Willock this season.

Saka off the bench sparingly.

Beilik maybe too. I rank him above Mustafi already.

PEA, Torreria, Bellerin, Leno, Holding, Socrates, and Lacazette.
Not sure about Chambers, but leaning towards keeping.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
After watching a bit of the Pre-season so far, I'm well up for blooding youth. Willock needs minutes in cup and very winnable home games - he's better then I thought. Ditto for Nelson.

I'd still sell Maitland-Niles, but perhaps next summer now. Saka, Martinelli and Nketiah look promising and Guendouzi is a first team option. Smith-Rowe should go on loan.

These are exciting times.

db10fan

Medley, Willock, ESR, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, John-Jules, if no loan deals now, keep them for cups/easier EPL and Euro League matches, then send some of them on loans in January.

truth_hurts

I'm still not quite sure that we have enough leadership in our team. If we had more, I'd happily place faith in the youngsters. I'd love a Umtiti, Alves and or Matuidi/Khedira to come in to allow the likes of Willock, Nelson, Saka and Nketiah to play with more guidance and less pressure.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Medley is one of the most interesting prospects for me, but far from ready.. If he was to be relied on he would be exposed badly, so it's for the best if he only plays league cup and Europa games or goes on loan. I like what I've seen of him though.

truth_hurts

Think I've gone three-quarter circle. In my opinion, central defence is not a breeding ground for young centre backs and I like that we aren't forcing Salibah in this year. Otherwise - our young talents are superb and look ready. Let's get all our most talented under 23s involved with the first team: Holding, Guendouzi, Willock, Smith-Rowe (would rather loan), Nelson, Martinelli and Nketiah. They all offer something to our first team that we are short on.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom