• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keplaz

This is a pointless debate really, I have never said Celtic are a bigger club, by modern terms we are not, it depends how we quantify a big club, but what I would say is Arsenal's size is based on the league they play in and the wealth that goes with it, in those terms Man city are s bigger club than Arsenal and let's be honest most those worldwide fans aren't really fans, they don't have a real emotional attachment, most will have chose to call you their team based on liking your strip or liking one of your players, and many will chop and change.

I think Celtic have more fans in the old fashioned sense, in that they have an emotional attachment and a family history, I also think if we were invited to play in the EPL the only team who'd be bigger is Man Utd.
This isn't a clever post at all. If Celtic were in the EPL you'd finally realise how bad the Scottish league really is. And there are quite a few teams bigger than Celtic in the EPL. Just because you have a monopoly in a mediocre league doesn't mean you'll be one of the biggest clubs in ours.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Seriously. Only kids wear kits out and about. You go down to the training fields and you'll see tons of guys and gals wearing team tops, but that's about it. Maybe at a pub if they're showing a game.

And at least around here. And I can tell you there are a lot more Arsenal kits around than Celtic ones. Wish I saw more Celtic kits tbh, I quite like them. But its' hard for people here to care about the SPL unless they have a family connection to following a certain club. We get next to no coverage of the league. Meanwhile EPL is full coverage every weekend.

We have grown men dressed in kits doing their weekly shop in the local supermarket here. I'm just glad that we don't get much of a summer so I don't have to witness it all year round.

Keplaz

One good thing tho is nobody says I’m a plastic like they do with City/PSG fans. :D

:(
We don't have plastics anymore. Plastics support people who win things. Saying that our fan base seemed to expand after the Invincible Season. I was in sixth form then and the Arsenal shirts appeared out of the woodwork.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We don't have plastics anymore. Plastics support people who win things. Saying that our fan base seemed to expand after the Invincible Season. I was in sixth form then and the Arsenal shirts appeared out of the woodwork.

Give it a few years, and it will only be the steam engine enthusiasts left...

Hooplehead

Who cares if the reason for the size of Arsenal is the league that we're playing in. Real Madrid would be smaller if they were playing in Mexico, but they aren't, they're the biggest club in the world. Its such a daft argument.
Yeah, it is what it is, but it's my thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

Hooplehead

This isn't a clever post at all. If Celtic were in the EPL you'd finally realise how bad the Scottish league really is. And there are quite a few teams bigger than Celtic in the EPL. Just because you have a monopoly in a mediocre league doesn't mean you'll be one of the biggest clubs in ours.
You are ignorant to the size of Celtic, or how incredibly big we would become in that environment.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Even if they joined after the invincible season, if they are still here now they are hardcore fans :)

Hooplehead

If Tierney finished in the top 4 with us, that'd mean more to him then if he'd won all the 9 titles in a row with Celtic
Nope, not even close, kids a winner, would never be happy with your rediculous runner up spots that get celebrated like s trophy.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Nope, not even close, kids a winner, would never be happy with your rediculous runner up spots that get celebrated like s trophy.

One thing I don't get though and never will, do you think it says something about the Scottish league that Celtic have won it 8 times in a row or what?

Like it's not even a challenge anymore, surely the players even realise that.

I'm not trying to be a **** but if I kept on winning a race over and over eventually I'd question whether I'm really quick or everyone else is just slow.

You are ignorant to the size of Celtic, or how incredibly big we would become in that environment.
Never thought I world agree with a 'Sellick' fan on here but both Celtic and Rangers to be fair are massive in other countries.
Here in Northern Ireland, depending on what side of the divide you are on, they are on a par with the big Premier League sides.
If they did come to the Prem, it may take a while, maybe ten years, but they would certainly be competing for the top six after that, because of the fan base size and revenues they would generate.
There are actually Celtic and Rangers fan clubs throughout the world.
Just for the record I don't support Rangers, I look out for their results, because I have a lot of friends who do. I follow a local team, Glentoran, whos main rivals are Lingfield, who are like Rangers little brother, therefore I could never put my support behind them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom