• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Magnificent player isn’t he.
Jep it's so much better in the stadium, often when you watch on TV you think a player has played a defense splitting pass that seemed to come out of nowhere because he looked earlier. And I didn't see that on TV. Then you focus on him in the stadium and you see he never looked, he just knew where to play the ball, and while he was executing the pass he had one last glance to check if the pass was available. Unless he has eyes in his back or something.. It's brilliant to see.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Remember that we are speaking about replacing him with someone stratospheric in popularity and talent.

Isco or Pogba or Bale (healthy and motivated) would make me happy. Ziyech doesn't have the wow factor now.
Wow factor doesn't win you stuff. Why you speak like some marketing schmuck? ;):lol:

Also, Pogba and 'motivated' in the same sentence? This is ban worthy.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wow factor doesn't win you stuff. Why you speak like some marketing schmuck? ;):lol:

Also, Pogba and 'motivated' in the same sentence? This is ban worthy.
I'm not sure we would win anything substantial with this team even after additions.

So, I'd rather have some nice flair players and play nicely than have some average blood and guts players.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not sure we would win anything substantial with this team even after additions.

So, I'd rather have some nice flair players and play nicely than have some average blood and guts players.
You think Ziyech is average? He's a very high class performer right now imo. We had some fancy touch players for a long time under Wenger and it drove the fans mad in the end. The football was nice, but we were soft. You need a mix.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You think Ziyech is average? He's a very high class performer right now imo. We had some fancy touch players for a long time under Wenger and it drove the fans mad in the end. The football was nice, but we were soft. You need a mix.
I don't know if he is high profile enough to become the center of the field at AFC. He'll be replacing one of the best #10 in the last decade. With Özil, yes he would absolutely work.

Agree on the Wenger part especially the bolded bits, but we're not going towards a mix which is my issue. We're just chopping all the creativity out.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Jep it's so much better in the stadium, often when you watch on TV you think a player has played a defense splitting pass that seemed to come out of nowhere because he looked earlier. And I didn't see that on TV. Then you focus on him in the stadium and you see he never looked, he just knew where to play the ball, and while he was executing the pass he had one last glance to check if the pass was available. Unless he has eyes in his back or something.. It's brilliant to see.

Yeah he’s pure class. He’s one of the most exciting players I’ve seen in the past 10 years. I know that may seem OTT to some people, but his technique is just out of this world. Some of the passes he pulls off.. I just don’t know how he does it.. similar to Özil in his prime.. they just have this special vision that only a few players have. It’s Beautiful to watch players like this. Ziyech would be my 1st signing if I was emery. Unfortunately We’ve got too many cloggers at our club now. We’ve got players who are just starting for their physical ability, or their ‘work rate’ Need to bring back players with actual ability on the ball. Players like cazorla. Still don’t get why we let him leave on a free as well. Let him recover for 2 years just to let him out the door straight away. He was quality last season as well for Villarreal.

never seen anything as soft as the Europa final and the way we let brighton just walk into us.....

we need good footballers, good tactics and good luck and good referees and good stewardship.

mad fans who insist on making football unenjoyable and bitter are definitely not needed.

Top post as usual mate!

scytheavatar

Established Member

How many games of Ziyech have you seen? Because Ajax fans say he's a high risk high reward player, loses the ball too often and is frequently a selfish ball hog. He has potential but would need a lot of work. Why do you think no big club is after him?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
How many games of Ziyech have you seen? Because Ajax fans say he's a high risk high reward player, loses the ball too often and is frequently a selfish ball hog. He has potential but would need a lot of work. Why do you think no big club is after him?

I personally have no clue. Clubs like Sevilla and AS Roma wanted him but he wants bigger clubs.

I can only assume that since he's a little bit older and still in the Eredivisie, that would put clubs off.

But don't be mistaken, I'd be very upset if he signed for Tottenham. He will make things happen.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Not a selfish hog at all, though he does like to shoot from distance at times it rarely happens when another player is in a good position.

He lost the ball too often last season, when he took too much risk as a '10'. This season as a winger he did lose the ball, but rarely at dangerous moments and very often when trying to create an opening. Sometimes it does not come of, but just look at his stats for assists and chances created, it's off the charts.

I'd rather Ziyech than Zaha and wouldn't mind him as an alternative to Soares. We could get both, but I want to see a lot of Nelson this summer.

A striker feeding of Soares/Nelson - Özil - Ziyech in a 4-2-3-1 is easily going to break scoring records.

I think Ziyech at playmaker RW and Özil as a '10' would link up very well, both incredibly intelligent and both have impeccable vision with the ability to pull off the most ambitious through balls. Özil will benefit from these type of intelligent players around him.

The problem is Özil seems to have given up and his wage is a sticking point. I would also like us to shift to a 4-3-3 with more versatile midfielders as we don't have the players to support a 10 (possibly with a Bielik - Torreira partnership).

If we can't get rid, we have to try to get the best out of our marquee player, in which case I would prefer Ziyech on the wings over all other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom