• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I wanted Chambers to realize the impossible Zaha deal, but gotta say I like him a lot. Actually a huuuuge upgrade on Mustafi already.

I really really hope Bielik isn't leaving also. Those two could save us without a second CB signing.

Given Emery's risk aversion Bielik is probably the second coming of Maldini

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Decent performance. Not really worth reading anything into given the strength of both teams and how much our squad could change between now and the start of the league.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Nketiah and John Jules are going to be bullies to defenders.
Even Saka - man, no one will out muscle that boy.

Break up the partnership love of Laca and PEA.

Time for fresh blood. Laca better lose some weight as he looked slow as fook.
Nketiah must play.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wow proper wingers and pace and Bayern are struggling.

Let's see if Emery might grow a pair between now and the start of the season.

Exactly why I hate this first team and youth separation. 10 minutes to go and Bayern can't get out of their half because we have pace and power in all forward positions. No number 10s just walking around hoping they have the correct situation to flourish in. You have players like Nelson, Saka, John Jules and Eddie who can get the ball and start running at players. Then you see Xhaka pick up the ball from 40 yards and instead of driving forward he just shoots because that is his limitation.

Nelson actually tracked back to protect AMN. The set up needs to be two wide players and a 3 man midfield with 1 forward. Stop shoe horning players in just to make them happy.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Given Emery's risk aversion Bielik is probably the second coming of Maldini

I dont have too many problems with Emery to be honest. Think he does a lot of good stuff here, but he sucks exactly at the only thing I did not like with Wenger at the end. His line-ups.

Emery with a good mix of youngsters in the team. Like 2-3 each game. Would be perfect

Arsenal1508

You all can go search for my post where I said we should stop spending money on mediocrity and focus on the young players like Nketiah and Nelson.

Nah. Lots of us have said this. We just need the defense sorted. I'm not that worried about the attack with this phenoms coming through.

Arsenal1508

Only good thing about the europa league is we'll be seeing more of this :drool:

I don't like it. Emery is a doofus.
I want these players in the Premier League. Europa League they would play until we get to the QF and are **** in the league. Then, Emery would drop our younsters and play the turd that screwed up league table.

ASIF

The young Guns have done it.Last 10 mins of the game we totally owned Bayern.Nketiah belongs to the big stage not just the goal but the way he made Sule eat dust and that shoulder barge to Kimmich.He is going to be a star and that Kid john Jules my god he was everywhere an a great assist.Nelson didnt do much but that's ok he it's his first sub appearance.Now for the negative saw the last 30 mins only but Gnabry and coman totally ruined our defence to shred.I dont want to see that nounce mustafi in my arsenal..Bastard just let Lewandowski free and then like a fcking **** has his arm raised for offside after he scored.Auba and nelson missed a sitter.Özil set piece deliver was spot on but not much other then that.Finally we beat bayern even if it's a friendly.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I love that Nketiah, JJ, Saka and the likes seem to have come to a point where they feel proud to play for the badge. Guess we wont loose those gems at least. They got that career start highlights with us now.

Hopefully more to be promoted over the next seasons.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Second half

Kola made a brilliant pass to put it on a silver platter for PEA who should of buried it.

PEA then shortly made a good pass to set up Nelson who should of scored.

Shortly after that Mustafi left Lewandowski open for a free header that he equalised from.

Coman gave AMN and Mustafi a tough time in second half. The lack of positional awareness displayed by these two was concerning.

Xhaka looked composed on the ball.

When Nketiah came on he looked up for the game, looked physically much stronger than I've seen him previously and got his goal from a good bit of link up play from youths.

Kola made another brilliant in the last few reamining minutes to set Jules who should of scored.

Last edited:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I dont have too many problems with Emery to be honest. Think he does a lot of good stuff here, but he sucks exactly at the only thing I did not like with Wenger at the end. His line-ups.

Emery with a good mix of youngsters in the team. Like 2-3 each game. Would be perfect

Yeah tbh I'm a bit cranky as I didn't sleep too well and I've got work soon.

I just hoped to see more adventurous line ups especially in pre-season and I think I blew one when I saw Mkhitaryan on the wing.

Our starting line up lacks balance, honestly Emery needs to bite it and play either Auba or Laca through the middle and proper wingers, you can see the difference when there are two actual wingers on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom