• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
not seen the 26 is too old comments but imo 50m and a player is the max

The age thing was in the "Edu's Transfer Targets" thread earlier, for Zaha vs. Soares (which I'm neutral on atm, would be happy with either). My fault, dropped the comment you replied to in the wrong thread.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I just read Juventus are paying €75m over 5 years for De Ligt. That’s the reality of how big deals like that are done, so when the budget is repeatedly brought up that’s why you should ignore it.
Yes that how big deals being paid the media turn on us when we do that.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
He doesn't need to go on strike, if his head really has been turned Palace will just need to weigh up if it's worth having a key player who's less motivated or whether they should take the money on offer and improve other areas of the squad.
To be fair he agitates for a move every summer so i think they've probably weighed it up many times before and still kept him. I think they see him as so important to their team that they're more than willing to risk it.

Not to mention that those other tweets make it sound like he's not particularly fussed as long as it's a move to a big club, Arsenal just happen to be the preference. If there's no desperation to move specifically to us then it looks like he's not going to force a move rendering this entire thing a bit pointless. I feel we're wasting our time but at least it looks like we've set up a plan B.

Reactions: A_G

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Imagine we sign Zaha and Everton. Plus Tierney, Saliba and Ceballos.

Zaha PEA Lacazette Everton
Ceballos
Torreira
Tierney Holding Saliba Bellerin

OutscoreyouFC

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The age thing was in the "Edu's Transfer Targets" thread earlier, for Zaha vs. Soares (which I'm neutral on atm, would be happy with either). My fault, dropped the comment you replied to in the wrong thread.

The age thing does get mentioned often, not heard so much about Zaha but with other transfers. I swear the age where you are considered 'old' seems to be getting younger and younger. 26 is basically the new 29.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He doesn't need to go on strike, if his head really has been turned Palace will just need to weigh up if it's worth having a key player who's less motivated or whether they should take the money on offer and improve other areas of the squad.
And when it’s us in this position we always, always sell.

Would be nice if for once we’re actually the buying club in such a situation.

Reactions: A_G

Gunner-Union

so offer them 50m + chambers + jenkinson
+ 10m so they take mustafi[/QUOTE]

for them to take Mustafi as part of the deal we would have to double CP asking price

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think I’d go up to 60M + Chambers. After that they’re kind of taking the piss.

Chambers is actually decent but wishful thinking that there’ll be any deal for Jenkinson, guy has ended up a reserve everytime he’s gone on loan. I don’t think he’d have ever touched a premier league pitch if it wasn’t for Wenger.

Iceman10

Established Member
The age thing does get mentioned often, not heard so much about Zaha but with other transfers. I swear the age where you are considered 'old' seems to be getting younger and younger. 26 is basically the new 29.

Whether assets will appreciate or depreciate has become the big talking point recently, not just here, but across punditry in general. It just needs a little correction, IMO, has gone too far. There is also a matter of ambition and revenues from results, PL final positions, and trophies, in the short/medium term, even though some may be captivated right now by the idea of buying a 23 year old for 30m, developing him for 2-3 years, and then selling him on for 80m a few years later (generic, theoretical, not meant as a specific point for Soares).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom