• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Careful! You are poking the dragon here!

h3uyiBa.gif

I am the dragon.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Football. I have already told you that, kid.

This saga is boring and our inability to get deals done this summer doesnt change that.

Your attitude towards people on here is boring. You can have a debate with someone without calling them a child or telling them to kill themselves buddy.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Chambers and Bielik could work too.

We can't afford Zaha in just a cash deal, but we have a large enough squad that we could send them enough players to make it worth it.

Also, since Palace are in London our staff could still closely monitor the development of any players we send them on loan.

I'd definitely consider sending them Nelson, Nketiah and/or ESR on loan. All three of them could get good minutes at Palace and come back next season even better.

Oh, and I'd be fine with offering Iwobi. Most of our established first team players probably would reject a move to Palace, but our young players would probably jump at the chance to get regular minutes in the EPL.

The idea of loaning them players is good but it doesn't give them money to add long term players. I think Chambers would have to be permanent to get their interest. Nketiah as a loan is a good shout though, in addition to Chambers being permanent.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He only went for that price because the buyer (Man Utd) have an ocean of cash to spend, they are a financial juggernaut when it comes to cash generation. When you have that much money, you're not really going to focus on price, just blow everyone out of the water.

That might well be the case but it wouldn't explain all these other deals where Man Utd aren't involved. West ham just bought Haller for £45m. A striker who not long ago was struggling in the Dutch Eredivisie. Only had 1.5 season of decent returns and his market value is this high. What about Pulisic going to Chelsea for £58m? A player who wasn't even a regular starter for Dortmund. I think we just have to accept Zaha won't be going anywhere below £60m. In this market he is definitely worth £60m. The problem is if Palace keep asking for much more than that. I would take him for anything between 60m-70m. Anything more and we should move on.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Chambers and Bielik could work too.

We can't afford Zaha in just a cash deal, but we have a large enough squad that we could send them enough players to make it worth it.

Also, since Palace are in London our staff could still closely monitor the development of any players we send them on loan.

I'd definitely consider sending them Nelson, Nketiah and/or ESR on loan. All three of them could get good minutes at Palace and come back next season even better.

Oh, and I'd be fine with offering Iwobi. Most of our established first team players probably would reject a move to Palace, but our young players would probably jump at the chance to get regular minutes in the EPL.

If Palace lose Zaha we will want to be rebuilding a new team for us not for someone else. So loans are IMO out. Is there not also a limit for intra-EPL loans from one club?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Everton and Pepe would be bigger risks than Zaha imo. Therefore he’s easily worth the extra 10m or so. He’s PL proven and has tore through the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, City etc. Last season Liverpool had to kick him at Anfield as he was running them ragged.

Zaha is definitely be the safe choice for the club and I’m confident we would secure top 4. In our current situation, the club can’t afford to take massive risks with these big money signings as we haven’t had CL football for a while plus we wasted money on the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
That might well be the case but it wouldn't explain all these other deals where Man Utd aren't involved. West ham just bought Haller for £45m. A striker who not long ago was struggling in the Dutch Eredivisie. Only had 1.5 season of decent returns and his market value is this high. What about Pulisic going to Chelsea for £58m? A player who wasn't even a regular starter for Dortmund. I think we just have to accept Zaha won't be going anywhere below £60m. In this market he is definitely worth £60m. The problem is if Palace keep asking for much more than that. I would take him for anything between 60m-70m. Anything more and we should move on.

Every club asks and pays crazy money. Only Arsenal can sell top players for minimum fee. And thus we have no money to pay excessive fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom