• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Only partly true. We should have been capitalising on players like Ramsey and Wilshere more. We've let decent players go for peanuts in the last decade but it isn't because they haven't improved at all. Perhaps not as much as we had hoped but still they were worth more than when we purchased but we failed to tie them down contractually.

But Ramsey nor Wilshere were ever chased by big clubs for big money. Never even linked. Why? Because they couldn't have a run of 2-3 seasons. So yes we could have got more for them at some point. But never big enough money that would have allowed us to sign 2 or 3 players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Personally think Konate would be first choice.

Has he the experience that is automatically going to improve us? Has he shown enough the past 2-3 years to say he will be the glue that holds the defence together? Personally I haven't seen the guy play so genuinely don't know.

My thinking is around the 70m mark to get a quality defender it's unlikely they are going to come to us as there will always be a bigger club sniffing them out before.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Like Mark said, you'd need to spread the €80m out over a winger and cb. There are €30-40m targets that would improve our squad like Konate, Upamecano or Dias. Towards the €80m mark I can really only think of Marquinhos, Koulibaly or Skriniar, but that wouldn't be prudent investments and it is indeed questionable if they would come.

Moreover, our defensive structure would also be significantly improved with the right midfield signing ideally replacing Xhaka in the lineup). I would splurge on Fabian Ruiz for example now that Barella is off to Inter.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't know where your getting Konate or that other highly rated fella for Liepzig for 30-40 when we are paying nearly 30 for a young lad with 16 appearances under his belt.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Like Mark said, you'd need to spread the €80m out over a winger and cb. There are €30-40m targets that would improve our squad like Konate, Upamecano or Dias. Towards the €80m mark I can really only think of Marquinhos, Koulibaly or Skriniar, but that wouldn't be prudent investments and it is indeed questionable if they would come.

Moreover, our defensive structure would also be significantly improved with the right midfield signing ideally replacing Xhaka in the lineup). I would splurge on Fabian Ruiz for example now that Barella is off to Inter.

All of this cannot be done in one summer. Everyone wants Xhaka out, but it looks as if he's going to be the main captain. Sorting out the left side this window for me is priority, if we can get a CB that's better than Chambers then go ahead and ship Chambers out.

I'm pretty sure if we got CL football Upamecano would've been ours but alas, we ruined ourselves.

Shahin Tadjalli

People here talking Konate and Upamecano are selling dreams.
If we can get our deals done (Tierney, Zaha, Ceballos on loan, Saliba for next season) AND get one of the two French CBs of Leipzig.. blimey

We will see yet another push for EL trophy and I honestly can't see us missing out on top 4 given Chelsea and United barely improved and Sp**s might loose Eriksen still.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
f977ca8cdeda20f20c5c0cf2fabd6798.png

Wow maybe they are serious...

Shahin Tadjalli

f977ca8cdeda20f20c5c0cf2fabd6798.png

Wow maybe they are serious...

Imagine getting bullied by Everton for our main target. BLOODY EVERTON.

Never gonna happen and goes to show just how SILLY silly season is? I respect Everton but Jesus Christ they're not an improvement on CP. They'll never get into the CL and as a foreigner I got the impression (after the last 10 years or so) that lesser English teams don't give a toss about the Europa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom