• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He'll walk into the side once he's fit :lol:

He played more than 10 games over his three years :) big performance in a cup final let's not forget.

I like Holding but that was his most consistent spell those 9 games . He still has to work his way up to that level and the might take the entire season after an injury like that . You don't know . I don't think you could saddle him with the Captaincy for at least 3-4 years .

African Flair

Not a fan of him getting the armband and that's the problem, from a fan perspective there simply isn't clear cut for it.

Emery has his reasons, we can only hope he has made the right choice. Pray that he can fill them shoes that already seems to big for him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't want him as captain (ideally we should be trying to replace him at least by next summer) but there is literally no other choice. He's the most appropriate candidate for the role - Holding is not the guy yet.

And I guess there's a silver lining for Xhaka's detractors, given that the armband itself is now the kiss of death for anyone unfortunate enough to be imbued with the responsibility.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
It’s a sad state of affairs when granit xhaka is potentially going to be captain of arsenal FC. Tbh, he’s probably the only player in this current squad with some sort of leadership abilities. So I sort of understand the decision. Don’t rate the lad as a footballer though. Way too many errors in key areas.he also Takes a lifetime as well to turn on the ball and make a pass. I’m not too sure what some people see in him on here. So far, he’s 38mil down the drain. Was hoping he was getting flogged to inter. Hope he proves me wrong next season though! I just can’t see it happening though.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He probably is the only leader in the team. Does have mistakes in him, but some part of me still hopes or thinks that he can iron them out.

His long range passing is a quality that no other player in our team possesses. For that alone he'll probably play a lot of matches next season.

And I can deal with that. As long as Mustafi doesn't play.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
He probably is the only leader in the team. Does have mistakes in him, but some part of me still hopes or thinks that he can iron them out.

His long range passing is a quality that no other player in our team possesses. For that alone he'll probably play a lot of matches next season.

And I can deal with that. As long as Mustafi doesn't play.
Yeah I’ll admit that his long range passing is top drawer. I also hope he irons out his mistakes! Mustafi on the other hand is just brain dead though. He makes pascal Cygan look like a prime maldini. I honestly think I would tear mustafi to shreds if I played against him. My knees are ****ed as well.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We got a history of selling our captains so hopefully he takes the hint he’s not wanted here. If Emery wants to stay then he needs to coach him out of his flaws, if not he’ll let him down just he did with Wenger

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I like Holding but that was his most consistent spell those 9 games . He still has to work his way up to that level and the might take the entire season after an injury like that . You don't know . I don't think you could saddle him with the Captaincy for at least 3-4 years .
Agree. But if he does come back at the level he was at when injured he's the clear choice long term.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah I’ll admit that his long range passing is top drawer. I also hope he irons out his mistakes! Mustafi on the other hand is just brain dead though. He makes pascal Cygan look like a prime maldini. I honestly think I would tear mustafi to shreds if I played against him. My knees are ****ed as well.
Özil fans:
“But Mustafi is a World Cup winner, and so is Özil. So they must be great.”

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s a sad state of affairs when granit xhaka is potentially going to be captain of arsenal FC. Tbh, he’s probably the only player in this current squad with some sort of leadership abilities. So I sort of understand the decision. Don’t rate the lad as a footballer though. Way too many errors in key areas.he also Takes a lifetime as well to turn on the ball and make a pass. I’m not too sure what some people see in him on here. So far, he’s 38mil down the drain. Was hoping he was getting flogged to inter. Hope he proves me wrong next season though! I just can’t see it happening though.

Seriously?

GettyImages-1142745835.jpg

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why do you hate kos so much? Been a good servant to the club.
I actually understand his hate for Kos somewhat. I don't agree but I see where it comes from. Kos has this cult like following among our fans but he isn't even really a top 5 defender in the league. Great when paired properly but not amazing and his career has been awash with funny mistakes.
I personally love him and think he has done well here and I was very disappointed with recent events but I see his point here.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Why do you hate kos so much? Been a good servant to the club.

I see Koscielny the same way everyone else sees Mustafi. A decent defender who's massively accident prone, every game he makes a mistake.

He's too rash and doesn't think before he moves :

Look at Alexis goal, Lukaku is waiting for someone to make a run but theres no space to run in behind. Until Koscielny runs right at Lukaku (whos already marked) leaving behind massive space in behind for Alexis. He does **** like this every game.

He makes mistakes in every game, especially big games, he gets bullied so much (put in headlocks by guys smaller than him) . He cries in front of the team when going gets tough, generally has no back bone.

He's been a mainstay in how many bad defences? He was crap with Djourou, Vermaelen, Mustafi and Sokratis. How many games have we lost by 4/5/6 with Koscielny in the back line?

He single-handedly lost us the league cup final, EL semi-final and lost France the Euro final. The EL final against Chelsea he had another 0/10 performance but so did Sokratis.

The guy is crap and been given legend status because Arsène gives too many minutes to crap players.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Kos has this cult like following among our fans but he isn't even really a top 5 defender in the league.

This is my problem with Arsenal fans and why I always end up looking like a troll. Koscielny, Ramsey, Lacazette and others get hyped up by Arsenal fans but I don't see anything special.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This is my problem with Arsenal fans and why I always end up looking like a troll. Koscielny, Ramsey, Lacazette and others get hyped up by Arsenal fans but I don't see anything special.
I hope Laca can change your mind but I agree with Ramsey. I suspect you'd happily see a season of Laca proving you wrong but you don;t expect it. Fair enough.

BigPoppaPump

I hope Laca can change your mind but I agree with Ramsey. I suspect you'd happily see a season of Laca proving you wrong but you don;t expect it. Fair enough.

My thing is, for me a really great striker either has to be really fast, really strong or a lethal finisher (preferably all 3). Lacazette doesn't have any of these attributes so I don't think I'll ever be convinced tbf, but all it takes is for him to score goals to shut me up.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
My thing is, for me a really great striker either has to be really fast, really strong or a lethal finisher (preferably all 3). Lacazette doesn't have any of these attributes so I don't think I'll ever be convinced tbf, but all it takes is for him to score goals to shut me up.
Laca the back of the net is a fitting title atm, unfortunately..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom