• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,468,146

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’d be delighted with a window where we picked up Zaha, Tierney, Ceballos and (delayed) Saliba, even if it meant we didn’t have a major CB upgrade for another year.

LB and winger were the priorities and Tierney / Zaha are as good as it gets in that regard.

Sokratis + one of Holding / Chambers at CB isn’t elite
but both the young English lads have room to develop. Will admittedly be chucking them in at the deep end but there’s only so much you can do in one window with our budget.

Hopefully we add a RB replacement for the first few months of the season to strengthen the unit.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I noticed on Transfermarkt that our squad has the youngest average age of the top 6. With the players we are targeting, Saliba (18), Tierney (22), Ceballos (22), Soares (23) and maybe Kos and Monreal leaving it could get even younger.

I think this must be a planned direction from upstairs. It looks like they are trying to build a young squad that can bloom in 2-3 seasons time. Nearly all the players we are linked with are young and it has also been hinted at that our best youth prospects will start filling squad places at least at first.

It could be a little rocky along the way but I am all for it, maybe a bit of short term pain for long term gain.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I noticed on Transfermarkt that our squad has the youngest average age of the top 6. With the players we are targeting, Saliba (18), Tierney (22), Ceballos (22), Soares (23) and maybe Kos and Monreal leaving it could get even younger.

I think this must be a planned direction from upstairs. It looks like they are trying to build a young squad that can bloom in 2-3 seasons time. Nearly all the players we are linked with are young and it has also been hinted at that our best youth prospects will start filling squad places at least at first.

It could be a little rocky along the way but I am all for it, maybe a bit of short term pain for long term gain.

What I like the most is we're actually building a base for all of this. Leno, Bellerin, Saliba, Tierney, Holding, most likely another CB next summer as well. Torreira as well being young. We're building something special here and for once not just starting with the attack.

Sokratis is almost 32 so it makes sense.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I’d be delighted with a window where we picked up Zaha, Tierney, Ceballos and (delayed) Saliba, even if it meant we didn’t have a major CB upgrade for another year.

LB and winger were the priorities and Tierney / Zaha are as good as it gets in that regard.

Sokratis + one of Holding / Chambers at CB isn’t elite
but both the young English lads have room to develop. Will admittedly be chucking them in at the deep end but there’s only so much you can do in one window with our budget.

Hopefully we add a RB replacement for the first few months of the season to strengthen the unit.
True that. Good thing is that all these signings would be of perfect age to join the club and actually make an impact. Not too young like Gendouzi or at the later end of career like Sokratis/Lichsteiner.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. 45m was always quite simply the amount we can spend on a first year fee this summer.

Ceballos - £3M
Saliba - £26M
Martinelli - £6M
Tierney - £25M
Zaha - £40M

Literally adds up to £100M anyway. But that's just the face value of the deals.

Just put that £40M on Soares and get stuff done man I'm bored of all the speculation. I think that will be our window.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

dave_rwr

Established Member
Why can't this club ever do their business early? This happens every season - we undervalue the importance and value of having new signings train with the team for a full pre-season. Instead, players come in right at the start of the season with no relationship or chemistry with their teammates and don't even start looking like a team until October.

Surely team chemistry and effectively integrating new players into the squad is worth more than the 1m we're haggling over?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why can't this club ever do their business early? This happens every season - we undervalue the importance and value of having new signings train with the team for a full pre-season. Instead, players come in right at the start of the season with no relationship or chemistry with their teammates and don't even start looking like a team until October.

Surely team chemistry and effectively integrating new players into the squad is worth more than the 1m we're haggling over?

We did all our business very early last summer. I don't care how long it takes as long as our targets come in.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I haven't seen any discussion of Bilel Hassaini of Nancy on here, but I have seen some links before. Is he any good? Might not make any sense with ESR already here.

Another (work)week has passed, still no signings. I like the names we're linked to, but I'm also getting anxious. Even more annoyed by the lack of outgoings, where are the links for Mustafi, Kolasinac, Mkhitaryan, Elneny, Chambers. Together they still represent significant wage reductions and incoming transfer fees. Get on it!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

They didn't know what European competition they'd be playing in until May 29 so it would've been difficult to do the ground work on transfers earlier without being able to give assurances over CL football.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
They didn't know what European competition they'd be playing in until May 29 so it would've been difficult to do the ground work on transfers earlier without being able to give assurances over CL football.

Also none of our targets would’ve trained yet even if they had been signed. Zaha has two more weeks off. Tierney won’t start training for another two weeks. Ceballos is due back from holiday next week. We’d be paying them to be on holiday.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom