• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carl Jenkinson (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexagon9

The whole ‘they earn so much anyway’ argument is a load of bs. Yes compared to the average human they live in a completely
Different world, but the thought process isn’t any different to a regular individual, you want to maximise your salary to have as comfortable a life as possible.

Unless they have a compelling reason e.g to move to their boyhood club why would anyone want to earn less just because they still earn a lot anyway.

A ‘normal’ person wouldn’t want to lower their annual salary by £5k as that’s a family holiday, Jenkinson doesn’t want to cut his weekly wage by say £20k as that’s £1m+ lost per year that could’ve bought another holiday home and supercar. They’re not directly comparable, two complete different income brackets who have completely different needs/wants.
There’s a name for it. Greed. Needs don’t come in to it.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The whole ‘they earn so much anyway’ argument is a load of bs. Yes compared to the average human they live in a completely
Different world, but the thought process isn’t any different to a regular individual, you want to maximise your salary to have as comfortable a life as possible.

Unless they have a compelling reason e.g to move to their boyhood club why would anyone want to earn less just because they still earn a lot anyway.

A ‘normal’ person wouldn’t want to lower their annual salary by £5k as that’s a family holiday, Jenkinson doesn’t want to cut his weekly wage by say £20k as that’s £1m+ lost per year that could’ve bought another holiday home and supercar. They’re not directly comparable, two complete different income brackets who have completely different needs/wants.
I perfectly get it. But Jenkinson is still young. At this stage, if he settles for getting this salary and not playing at all,he is essentially losing all the big money which he could make in the future. Even in monetary perspective, it doesn't look good.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I perfectly get it. But Jenkinson is still young. At this stage, if he settles for getting this salary and not playing at all,he is essentially losing all the big money which he could make in the future. Even in monetary perspective, it doesn't look good.

With his ability, he will never get anywhere near his current contract. The only way we will sell him, is if we agree to pay part of his salary.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
With his ability, he will never get anywhere near his current contract. The only way we will sell him, is if we agree to pay part of his salary.
Of course, from the club's point of view, that's the only choice we have. I was replying to @Alkane 's post. He said that no one will move to another club for lower salary. While it is true for someone who is above 30, it will not work for Jenkinson. His contract is over next year. He will be 28 next year. If he doesn't get any game time this year, there won't be anyone willing to buy him after that. Even the championship clubs are better off taking an youngster who shows hunger rather than paying money to a player who is fine to just loiter around, without playing much and just getting a paycheck. On the other hand, if he says that he is willing to take a pay-cut to move and have some game time, it will help him earn more in the longer term.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
There is no doubt we are badly run as a football club but what is more inexplicable is that we are run even worse as a business. Jenkinson encapsulates that shambles. Bless his little cotton socks but a player of Jenkinson's ability should never have spend more than one season at Arsenal. That he is here for 8 years and counting, several contracts and pay rises later is almost beyond comprehension.

We can't really blame him. He played a blinder, run rings round our negotiations teams.

Maybe we will see him as one of the dragons in dragons' den after he retires. He seems to have better business acumen than our team.

ClubLevel

Yeah to be fair as much as I want him gone you can't blame Jenkinson in this.

If I got offered the Money he is on in any job field knowing deep down I probably won't make it to the very top but can make a nice earner I would do the same. I think you have to put things like that into perspective, I know now that in my own career I would ever earn anything in a year what Jenks does in the week, but if something came up and I knew I could blag it and earn a good wage over a few years I would do the same. Life is short, you do what you can. Maybe Jenkinson knows he won't earn anything like this again, never play for his boyhood club, he might not even make anything decent in the real world either.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I mean if they're actually in for Jenko then everything makes sense to include him in any deal for Zaha, would knock off like 5m.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
I’m also thinking, if Palace want a RB they will gets quoted an OTT price because of the AWB.

So Jenks makes sense, sign him for cheap now and see how he works out.

Would be a bizarre signing. We already have a 28 year old RB in Joel Ward. Wages would surely be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom