• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkane

I really do think that signing Zaha and Ceballos would be good for him. A technical midfielder to combine with and an exciting winger that will create more space and opportunities for Özil. Would hopefully make him more motivated because I do think he still has it in him but can’t be bothered sometimes when certain areas of our team are piss poor

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don’t see where he fits if we sign Ceballos. One of Torreira/Guendouzi will definitely start and Xhaka will most likely be captain. Ceballos will be signing here because he’ll have been told he’ll be a starter. Where does that leave Özil? If we don’t sign a winger he might play out wide but I doubt that. The other option is playing a diamond if we don’t get a winger.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It's not that Özil isn't good - he'd look immense at City or Barca, it's that he doesn't suit our squad or manager at all.

I see no role for him here at all, unless he can adapt his role and play as a deeper ball playing midfielder ala the 'David Silva' transformation. Ceballos would render Özil not needed though.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I don’t see where he fits if we sign Ceballos. One of Torreira/Guendouzi will definitely start and Xhaka will most likely be captain. Ceballos will be signing here because he’ll have been told he’ll be a starter. Where does that leave Özil? If we don’t sign a winger he might play out wide but I doubt that. The other option is playing a diamond if we don’t get a winger.

Xhaka - Ceballos
Aubameyang - Özil - Winger
Lacazette​

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Not enough protection in front of the back 4. That will never happen against the big teams or away from home. Maybe if Arsène was still manager.
Yeah, forgot for a moment we have a bum manager.

Xhaka - Torreira - Guendouzi
Ceballos
Aubameyang/Lacazette - Winger​

Iceman10

Established Member
If we were ok with Ramsey playing with Özil we should expect Ceballos to fill the Ramsey role. Ceballos might need to adjust a bit but I think he's capable. A better left-back, and overall backline, should help. Of course we can adjust our CM starting line-ups based on opposition/circumstances.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If we were ok with Ramsey playing with Özil we should expect Ceballos to fill the Ramsey role. Ceballos might need to adjust a bit but I think he's capable. A better left-back, and overall backline, should help. Of course we can adjust our CM starting line-ups based on opposition/circumstances.

They only played togehter seven times in the league and in all but one of those games Özil was playing on the right.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ceballos is a cazorla type of player. How can you compare him to a **** with no positioning sense, leaving huge gaps in the midfield, no technique, no skills, no football intelligence player who based his game on physicality, stamina and late runs.

The problem with ceballos, is his timiming to pass the ball, it’s often late. He need to work more on his passing and teamwork to become as good as cazorla.

Iceman10

Established Member
Ceballos is a cazorla type of player. How can you compare him to a **** with no positioning sense, leaving huge gaps in the midfield, no technique, no skills, no football intelligence player who based his game on physicality and late runs.
The problem with ceballos, is his timiming to pass the ball, it’s often late. He need to work more on his passing and teamwork to become as good as cazorla.

Actually agree, I think he could do that Ramsey role better than Ramsey, although there likely will be doubters at this point. Not convinced on DLP yet, exactly for the reason you state.

Also, should add, the talk about formations to fit Özil and Ceballos is a bit like whether we should have brought in Cesc or not, IMO. Options are good, including Ceballos vs. Torreira, even Ceballos vs. Özil, where we can rotate and adjust based on the specific match (and fitness/injuries).

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Actually agree, I think he could do that Ramsey role better than Ramsey, although there likely will be doubters at this point. Not convinced on DLP yet, exactly for the reason you state.

Also, should add, the talk about formations to fit Özil and Ceballos is a bit like whether we should have brought in Cesc or not, IMO. Options are good, including Ceballos vs. Torreira, even Ceballos vs. Özil, where we can rotate and adjust based on the specific match (and fitness/injuries).
Good point on whether we should play both ceballos and Özil.

Ceballos is a good dribbler, active in the build up play but not so good at passing. Özil is a great passer but **** in other areas. Two completely different playing style.

I would play ceballos in place of Özil. If we play Özil, then ceballos can play behind him, next to torreira.

I’m quite surprised that everyone here thinks ceballos is a great player without having concerns on his weaknesses. I’m glad you see the same.

Iceman10

Established Member
Good point on whether we should play both ceballos and Özil.

Ceballos is a good dribbler, active in the build up play but not so good at passing. Özil is a great passer but **** in other areas. Two completely different playing style.

I would play ceballos in place of Özil. If we play Özil, then ceballos can play behind him, next to torreira.

I’m quite surprised that everyone here thinks ceballos is a great player without having concerns on his weaknesses. I’m glad you see the same.

We would have some rotation/tinkering options with Özil, Ceballos, Torreira, and Xhaka (Xhaka isn't going anywhere), with Willock and AMN also in the mix. Instinctively I would prefer a more CDM-minded player as the third player in CM in starts with Ceballos+Özil, which could provide some opportunity for Chambers to make his mark in the first team squad.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
it looks as if the PR machine has been busy - hopefully there is real substance to this new rapport

Tbh, the cynic in me initially thought 'here we go again'. I started wondering if it's old stuff from last season and other shenanigans from his people, but it looks like fresh kosher meat, this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom