• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Torreira
Ceballos Xhaka
Auba Zaha/Soares
Laca

that will be mostly our starting midfield and attack. so much better than last season.

If Ceballos comes in, I'd actually bin Xhaka and bring in Willock for him. No need to have two playmakers in the Spaniard and the Swiss in there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Ceballos comes in, I'd actually bin Xhaka and bring in Willock for him. No need to have two playmakers in the Spaniard and the Swiss in there.
me too. but doubtful emery going to drop him next season but if he keep his average display one of Guendouzi or Willock should take his place.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Torreira
Ceballos Xhaka
Auba Zaha/Soares
Laca

that will be mostly our starting midfield and attack. so much better than last season.

We need that winger spot fixed. Looks so much better with it.

Zaha, Pepe and Soares are really the only names in our reach that are feel like giving the difference with Zaha preferred.

Toby

me too. but doubtful emery going to drop him next season but if he keep his average display one of Guendouzi or Willock should take his place.

Doubt it, too. Emery actually really loves to play central (defensive) mids at 10. He did it with Ramsey, he did it with Banega and there's more instances from back in the day. Always thought he'd eventually put Xhaka there in front of Torreira and another 6.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
------------Ceballos-------Torreria-----------
---Mkhi---------------------------------Zaha--
--------------Laca--------Auba----------------

I'd hope. Realistically though it's:
------------------Torreria
------------Ceballos----Xhaka-----
-------Zaha-------Laca--------Auba------

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
So who’ll be helping your fullbacks out? Maitland-Niles will be counting down the days to Bellerin’s return so he can get the **** out of there.

We will not move on Özil he is happy to stay with us, and you cannot put him on the bench for the whole season because at his day at his level he is a quality player so we need to find a way to fill them both in, we also did the same with Cazorla and Özil we can find a solution.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Auba has always been better when coming from the right. Think he started out as a right winger, didn't he? At Dortmund, when used as winger by Klopp and Tuchel, he'd always come in from the right in a Thomas Müller kind of role.

Just because he's right footed and nominally a striker, doesn't mean he's better on the left when out wide.

Think he scored his his hattrick on his first game for Dortmund as a RW.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Even though I like 442 formations, if you've got a great striker that can drop deeper also, we don't have the luxury to do so as our CM options are just not strong enough as of now.

3 midfielders gives me much more confident in not being bullied again. We'll get enough chances to score with that attacking options.

Toby

Think he scored his his hattrick on his first game for Dortmund as a RW.

Yeah, might be. I just now remember that he came when Lewa was still there and Auba had a hard time as CF backup for their different styles and that he actually was used by Klopp as a right winger mostly - and he did score from there. Only broke through in the centre when Lewa left and they "changed" their style to fit Auba as striker.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We will not move on Özil he is happy to stay with us, and you cannot put him on the bench for the whole season because at his day at his level he is a quality player so we need to find a way to fill them both in, we also did the same with Cazorla and Özil we can find a solution.

When you say “we” you’re talking about Wenger. Emery isn’t going to shoehorn Özil into the team because he might be good on any given day. Last season shows you that.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I'd go reverse cowgirl diamond.

Xhaka - Ceballos
Torreira​

KT Holding Sokratis HB

Think that will be it, with Auba wide, Laca up front and new winger out wide.
when we attack ceballos will be the advanced Midfielder.
It's like we play in preseason, but Özil doesn't play Cm so he destroys our defensive set up

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
When you say “we” you’re talking about Wenger. Emery isn’t going to shoehorn Özil into the team because he might be good on any given day. Last season shows you that.

You can create a set up where all quality players can play together, but i agreed with your opinion ofcourse we need to find the right balance.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Switch Zaha and Auba ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.