• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
People posting line-ups with Auba out wide, just to fit Laca and him in the same starting 11 is a case of square pegs - round holes. The most obvious solution is either sell Auba and replace him with another winger or sell Laca and we could replace him with a cheap back-up CF and a quality CB.
Personally I wouldn't be against selling Laca since Auba is the better CF.

TornadoTed

Established Member
tenor.gif

My thoughts exactly, I hate 3 at the back

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
People posting line-ups with Auba out wide, just to fit Laca and him in the same starting 11 is a case of square pegs - round holes. The most obvious solution is either sell Auba and replace him with another winger or sell Laca and we could replace him with a cheap back-up CF and a quality CB.
Personally I wouldn't be against selling Laca since Auba is the better CF.

the most obvious solution is to watch games and figure out what our coach want's and try to get the idea, everything else is just playing football manager online.

it's clear as a day Unai want's Auba wide and in a right set up, which we are building to, it makes lots of sense

Gunner-Union

I think emery wants pea as cf just depends if we get a winger or not. He likes 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. with the prem and our midfield I’d rather have 3 in the middle as we get outnumbered and overrun all the time.

Zaha/w. Pea. Nelson

This is what I’d like to see with 3 behind in midfield

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
If we play 2 in the middle is cabellos any good defensively?

Hopefully not in a 2 man midfield. At Real he always had Casemiro or Llorente behind him. Maybe next to Torreira, but Ceballos isn't really a player for the structure of the game.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Man! Soares was destroying defenses for fun in copa America, and that’s a thought tournament. That’s exactly what we need. Of course we are not going for the settled player in Europe... if there is no money we need to do like Atlético does with all those sudamerican players they got for little money.

For me is not a gamble he is an investment and he will do it great in any team with a proper coach and support

It is actually one of the worst times to buy a player straight after they had a great tournament. It is such a small sample. Basically someone having a good 2 weeks will look amazing. Salif diao and el hadj diouf looked like world beaters when Senegal were on their run to the quarter finals of the WC. Liverpool bought them after that, they never reached those heights. Juan Cuandrado looked like one of the best players in a WC tournament.

I'm not saying he will definitely flop, just in my opinion I prefer not to go for Soares as he carries too many risks.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We've signed Joel Campbell and Lucas Torreira based off of good tournaments. (and probably others that I'm forgetting)

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

I think you're right. I remember them delaying talks during the WC now that you mention it.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We've signed Joel Campbell and Lucas Torreira based off of good tournaments. (and probably others that I'm forgetting)

We signed Torreira before the World Cup. Mislintat found him. He felt we needed a player similar to N'Golo Kante, and Torreira fit the mold.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

We signed Torreira before the World Cup. Mislintat found him. He felt we needed a player similar to N'Golo Kante, and Torreira fit the mold.

He was signed on July 10th after the WC.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Gilberto Silva was before my time. I became a fan in 2010. He's on ESPN here in the US for World Cup coverage at least which is how I randomly looked him up and found out the type of player he was. (Shameful of me) :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom