• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

9jagooner

Maybe they are, but we started with a lot of our youngsters today, in 30+ degC heat.
Sure but I wasn't comparing with our team on the field today. My comparison is with our team in general (at least from where we finished last year). If we could get Alaba and Coman like players and quality CB, .... and I have not even mentioned Hazard or Kroos....one can only dream

Exciting game so far. Great end to end stuff

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Will be interesting to see how we do against Madrid especially if both teams play their first teams
Yeah, but surely oir first team not include Özil, Mhki, Xhaka, and Mustafi together.

What is our first team?

Heck, even Martinez looks impressive.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Even Nketiah put more effort in defence today, couldn't believe his header off the line saving us a goal & a clean sheet.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Our pre season has gone perfectly so far, but if I'm not mistaken, our opponents have had more shots than us in each match. I hope our midfield structure and a new CB will fix that because we can't succeed in the PL like that.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Nice to see the youngsters impressing, we're going to need them this season. Shame Nelson can't really get going, there's a wing spot up for grabs really.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It will come. A good manager gets his confidence up and put a lot of faith in him. Its what he needs now, trust and faith from Emery. His talent will make sure it will repaid soon enough!
Agreed. He's not doing himself many favours with the way he's playing, but he has still shown glimpses of quality.

He's seriously quick-footed - the way he speeds our game up reminds me of TR7 a bit.

The kid can be as good as he wants, but he's lacking confidence. The way to get him out of the funk is to give him a lot of game time. Give him minutes to break past the barrier.

Gursha

Agreed. He's not doing himself many favours with the way he's playing, but he has still shown glimpses of quality.

He's seriously quick-footed - the way he speeds our game up reminds me of TR7 a bit.

The kid can be as good as he wants, but he's lacking confidence. The way to get him out of the funk is to give him a lot of game time. Give him minutes to break past the barrier.

I actually thinks he has too much execution confidence, and it brings down his mental confidence. Confused? so am I... lol kidding ill try to explain...

I think because of his confidence in his ability he tries complicated dribbles and passes that he's not executing well at the moment. and thats bringing his mental confidence down

Needs to get his head down, go back to basic to get that execution confidence going. then he can try those stuff again, when your in form.

He is so disappointing compared to how highly i thought of him, he was the most exciting prospect we have. according to the preseason Eddie, Martinelli, Willock, even Burton looks more composed and promising than him

The great players can recognize when they are out of form, and try to hold back that flair a bit and bringing it back slowly as they get sharper.

If you keep trying those stuff and it doesnt work you'll spiral down mentally.

He has Huge Potential. i just hope he has the right mindset to follow.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One short on confidence. The other off to good start and with good confidence.

Both top talents. Lets not write Nelson off yet!

Emphasising application. Iwobi is an example of someone who’s hit rock bottom confidence levels and I’ve been a major critic but I never questioned his efforts.

Reiss, unless carrying an injury, is definitely playing within himself. He’s operating like a CM on the wing, and I say this because I know what he’s capable of and how stubborn Emery is with opportunities.

I’m certainly not writing him off but he’s far too static on and off the ball right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom