• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He is injured. Doesn't make much difference if we sign him now or next week. I can see why the club is taking it slow.

I'm cool with that...as long as we get him. If we miss out on him though, due to trying to be too clever or getting too complacent. Then it is just same old us again.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
He is injured. Doesn't make much difference if we sign him now or next week. I can see why the club is taking it slow.

I'm cool with that...as long as we get him. If we miss out on him though, due to trying to be too clever or getting too complacent. Then it is just same old us again.

So its okay if we take it slow unless our slowness ****s the deal? Thats a really unique stance.

Iceman10

Established Member
Have to remember this. Celtic's favourite isn't listed to be at their "first-team festival", scheduled for 26-28th July.

It is known the player wants to join Arsenal, and there is no competition from City, Liverpool, Sp**s, Chelsea, or United. Sp**s are selling Danny Rose, but it appears Ryan Sessegnon will be the replacement.

Slow process, but hopefully will be wrapped up during the coming week.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It's pretty embarrassing to be haggling over such a small fee. Buy him now to allow us time to shift Nacho or Kola - we do not need 3 left backs of international standard.

benjamin86

Established Member

Didnt think about that, but it makes sense. With the injury there's not much of a rush and the 25m has been the number for a while and it seems we're working out the add on details.

It all makes sense!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Didnt think about that, but it makes sense. With the injury there's not much of a rush and the 25m has been the number for a while and it seems we're working out the add on details.

It all makes sense!

This is the only transfer I can remember us being involved where for once it made sense if we didn't rush. Of course we would all prefer it if it was done sooner rather than later. Basically everything seems in our own hands. Celtic set a price, player wants to come, no competition for him.

Iceman10

Established Member
This is the only transfer I can remember us being involved where for once it made sense if we didn't rush. Of course we would all prefer it if it was done sooner rather than later. Basically everything seems in our own hands. Celtic set a price, player wants to come, no competition for him.

Potentially there is a lot saved in the upfronts with Saliba and Tierney to make a difference to allow going for it with Zaha (I would try doing Jenks + Elneny the other way).

The other signings would be Ceballos (loan), and a 10-15m CB (maybe 5m of that offset by playing hardball over Kos).

Apart from Saliba, if that all is good enough to get us into the CL for 2020/21 to easily absorb the later installments and add-ons, in addition to top-tier signings, then overall it would be good management. I doubt Tierney is open to leaving Britain at this point in his development, and we don't appear to have any competition from any other club in the PL top 6.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Potentially there is a lot saved in the upfronts with Saliba and Tierney to make a difference to allow going for it with Zaha (I would try doing Jenks + Elneny the other way).

The other signings would be Ceballos (loan), and a 10-15m CB (maybe 5m of that offset by playing hardball over Kos).

Apart from Saliba, if that all is good enough to get us into the CL for 2020/21 to easily absorb the later installments and add-ons, in addition to top-tier signings, then overall it would be good management. I doubt Tierney is open to leaving Britain at this point in his development, and we don't appear to have any competition from any other club in the PL top 6.

Jenks & Elneny would get us about £15m combined, I doubt palace would be interested in them anyway. I think Chambers is the only possibility as part exchange, if not I think £70m would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom