• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Double-double season incoming..

That hair better be gone before season starts or I might have to cut ties though.. Can’t rep a Rapinoe lookalike ffs..

Reactions: A_G

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I reckon this haircut may have re-invigorated him somehow haha, looks like he's had a very good pre season & we may see a very good season from Mesut. Lets hope he's on the way to a very good season, one of his best for the Gunners.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If he stays, which seems highly likely, we must try to get the best out of him. It is a good sign that he seems sharp in pre-season.

I reckon we can get the most out of him in a free role as a playmaker winger (RW) in a 4-3-3. Kind of similar to the Ziyech role at Ajax. What do you think @razörist? Potentially behind two strikers, but I don't like that formation due to the lack of width.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If he stays, which seems highly likely, we must try to get the best out of him. It is a good sign that he seems sharp in pre-season.

I reckon we can get the most out of him in a free role as a playmaker winger (RW) in a 4-3-3. Kind of similar to the Ziyech role at Ajax. What do you think @razörist? Potentially behind two strikers, but I don't like that formation due to the lack of width.
My heart says no. Ziyech is very explosive, aggressive, he can play anywhere in attack other than striker maybe. Mesut on right wing means we really need a true pacy winger on the other side otherwise we'll be dead passing around the box again.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don't think he played at his best last year & down in confidence because he played mainly on the wing in that 3 at the back formation with 2 strikers. He's best with the 4231 or 4213 formation I think as a #10 playmaker ployed behind a striker & wingers on his outside. If he is played as a main playmaker this year it will be interesting to see how he will go.

In general I really want to play with just 1 striker, 4 at the back with 2 wingers, then guys like Bellerin & Tierney (if we get him) making overlapping runs aswell. Maybe a 4231 or 433.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
If he can find form he's still one of our only true world class players. It's a weird one. I don't think we can afford to lose him given our spending power, but this season really has to be the last chance if he doesn't perform.

Last season was positively weird.

Lone Wolf

If he can find form he's still one of our only true world class players. It's a weird one. I don't think we can afford to lose him given our spending power, but this season really has to be the last chance if he doesn't perform.

Last season was positively weird.
He has had six seasons with us, that should be enough to know this was a failed experiment.

Bergkamp1988

Truth is we're all fed up with Özil but if he's going to be here it's hard not to keep some hope that he can give us something special next season.
His mind set could get better, maybe less injuries too, the tactics could be more in favor of his style and capacity, a good recruit (Winger/CM) could inspire him.. #hope #obama #neverland

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He has had six seasons with us, that should be enough to know this was a failed experiment.

Agreed. But he hasn't had six bad seasons. In fact his arrival coincided with us seeing trophies again, as well as putting up some excellent assist numbers, and playing a pivotal part in some of the premier leagues best team goals of the past half decade.

Im not pro Özil. Tbh I'm just pro-progress. But for sure his level has dropped off. But he's what we've got right now, so I'd like to at least start the season with an optimism about one of our players who at least HAS produced world class performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom