• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
I still dont get how people can get excited by this...
Yes he is a gem, and yes he will improve us.
Are we relying on him to get top 4 alone? i dont think so... it took us an 8 game disaster class last season to miss it

An the promise they will talk will put us fans in a conflict this season. on one hand if he plays phenomenally, we will 100% not be able to afford him and real will want him back... the only way they will sell and we can afford him is if he flops.... so it will be a small bitter taste if he preforms, cause you know the void he will leave when real will want him back... and a as well if he underperforms cause you want your team to do well...

And dont use the Kovacic deal as an example, he flopped at chelsea and the only reason they bought him (was firstly because he flopped) is cause they have a 2 years transfer ban.

Loaning a player to the first team without option to buy is admitting we are no longer a big club IMO...

Unless we have FP word he will sell and just doesnt included a clause in, even if he becomes messi, then i just cant get excited by this deal, im sorry...

Id rather give Willock and TJJ more game time and start the rebuild...

If he preforms and leaves the void will be huge again.
There's no rebuild (or it gets significantly slowed down) if we don't get CL this season, that's the crux of it.

Of course he doesn't get us CL outright, but who does? :lol: And why should we expect it from someone that is going to cost peanuts for the club? If we edge out 4th because of him that's some good business, whether we keep him or not.

And Florentino promised to have a talk about buying at the end of the loan, which is a good sign. Zidane and Ceballos seem to hate each other guts too, so there's a non-zero chance he ends up here even if he does well.

Gursha

There's no rebuild (or it gets significantly slowed down) if we don't get CL this season, that's the crux of it.

Of course he doesn't get us CL outright, but who does? :lol: And why should we expect it from someone that is going to cost peanuts for the club? If we edge out 4th because of him that's some good business, whether we keep him or not.

And Florentino promised to have a talk about buying at the end of the loan, which is a good sign. Zidane and Ceballos seem to hate each other guts too, so there's a non-zero chance he ends up here even if he does well.

I can agree with that... time will tell, if we get top 4 cause of him then its worth it.

Either way were back to square one next season on the CM department...
But hey... the funds for a CB next season can go into the CM department cause we'll get saliba ;P nice puzzle handling with our budget...

In short all im saying is i could've been over the moon by this signing if we had an option to buy, cause we dont i just cant get as excited as some here i see...

Gursha

Silly argument imo.

The whole point is to get back into the CL this season to then have a bigger transfer Kitty for players like this.

We can’t afford a top CM outright, so signing him on loan and then being able to buy him or another top CM next season is big for us.

Everyone’s excited to see him play for us next season for obvious reasons. Nobody is relying on just him, we will sign other players.

Maximum he would cost even if he plays well is around 50-60m Euro which is completely acceptable considering age and such. And something we would be able to afford as well.

You think that if he performs the way Aaron did in the 13/14 campaign he'll cost 50-60M?
i dont think so...

All im saying is that even getting him here is a huge coupe... and im very happy about it.

But im sure that if he performs like everyones hyping him to be, theres 0 chance we will sign him...

Even with CL budget he is out of our reach... i talked to some Real fans that only had praise for him, and even laughed at me for wanting an option to buy...

The only chance we have is if ZZ doesnt rate him regardless of how he performs this year... then we might have a chance...

Lets give the guy love from the fans make him feel at home, then maybe the combined pressure of him wanting to stay and maybe ZZ already count him out will force them to sell in a price we can afford.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You think that if he performs the way Aaron did in the 13/14 campaign he'll cost 50-60M?
i dont think so...

All im saying is that even getting him here is a huge coupe... and im very happy about it.

But im sure that if he performs like everyones hyping him to be, theres 0 chance we will sign him...

Even with CL budget he is out of our reach... i talked to some Real fans that only had praise for him, and even laughed at me for wanting an option to buy...

The only chance we have is if ZZ doesnt rate him regardless of how he performs this year... then we might have a chance...

Lets give the guy love from the fans make him feel at home, then maybe the combined pressure of him wanting to stay and maybe ZZ already count him out will force them to sell in a price we can afford.

Not a chance he performs at that level in his first season but he could in seasons to come be at that level and higher.

It depends. This year if we can get a left winger and Tierney then realistically we'd only need to buy a CB and Ceballos next summer.

If we can't get Tierney or Zaha/Soares this window then its just back to square one next summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Ceballos preformed well and we finished in top 4 we'll try to buy him Perez like to deal with us.

Gursha

Not a chance he performs at that level in his first season but he could in seasons to come be at that level and higher.

It depends. This year if we can get a left winger and Tierney then realistically we'd only need to buy a CB and Ceballos next summer.

If we can't get Tierney or Zaha/Soares this window then its just back to square one next summer.

Thats exactly my point, your first sentence... imagine... we had an option to buy, and he somehow he miraculously performs like Aaron in 13/14?

Can you imagine the hype we'de be in? that amazing feeling of a huge bargain deal.
In the end of the day as a fan you always want/expect/hope for our players to over preform and make that leap!

and now... if he is somehow that good and pulls off that kind of season... we'll have a bitter taste cause we hold such an immense player.. that will leave 100% at the end of the season... and thats annoying...

Gursha

If Ceballos preformed well and we finished in top 4 we'll try to buy him Perez like to deal with us.

And if he performs very well? if he carries our midfield and put this team in another level? if we suddenly compete for the title cause of him? you think Perez will sell him?
we'll be reliant of ZZ tempers and hope he hates him...

You cant hope for a fairy tale season for him here if we dont have an option to buy.. I mean ofc you can hope for that cause its good for the club. but its not the same feeling as if we had that option to buy...

I wouldnt cancel this deal because we didnt get that option... but still i cant get excited the same way as if we had that option

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
And if he performs very well? if he carries our midfield and put this team in another level? if we suddenly compete for the title cause of him? you think Perez will sell him?
we'll be reliant of ZZ tempers and hope he hates him...

You cant hope for a fairy tale season for him here if we dont have an option to buy.. I mean ofc you can hope for that cause its good for the club. but its not the same feeling as if we had that option to buy...

I wouldnt cancel this deal because we didnt get that option... but still i cant get excited the same way as if we had that option
Real Madrid only talks they will go and buy 2 super quality midfielders next season because of Modric and Kross.

Gursha

Real Madrid only talks they will go and buy 2 super quality midfielders next season because of Modric and Kross.
Well thats something i can agree...

How many seasons he's at RM? 2-3? and he didnt manage to impress enough to break through the first team... they might just go and spend ridiculously on CM's then we have a chance of signing him regardless of how well he preforms here...

Im starting to get excited now!

But there are 2 many variables xD god i wish we just had an option to buy lol

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It always surprises me how irrational Real seems to act on the transfermarket, especially concerning their own players (they've had a great summer so far though). So there's a chance even if he immediately performs well here.

As said by others, I'm excited about signing him though even just on loan. He fills a hole and is quality. If we get back to CL, we'll have many options if we cannot hold on to him (although holding on to him seems to be an option).

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I really don't care what happens next summer, this window is all about NOW and getting CL back by June 2020. I don't understand why people feel a loan without an option to buy is so bad, the other option is not to have the player at all! We get a top player for very little money, if its only for 1 season so be it.

ClubLevel

If he has a good season and we look after him he will probably want to stay here and we can get the deal done. It's much easier when the player has worn the shirt and been part of the squad.

Real are not stupid, at the very least they would put in a buy back clause for the future.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Good loan, wont pretend to know to much about him apart from the youtube vids, but works with the budget etc.

Real will sell to us next summer I imagine, they will eventually end up with Pogba and then they will buy the next shiny toy.

Real will always have a blockbuster midfield, if they get Pogba they wont need him, Isco, Asensio, these types of players always end up as fringe players as the club always demands that marketable big name stud in their key positions.

No buy option as they will probably gamble on his performane next season to increase his value, at present they cant exactly demand a high figure as they havent given him the game time.

Malky

Established Member
The fact that they'd be willing to discuss the possibility of a permanent transfer next summer is massive. If he helps us secure CL football and enjoys it here then it's possible, he's the type of kid we could build the team around.
First time I've ever been excited about us taking a player on loan.

Token Yank

I really don't care what happens next summer, this window is all about NOW and getting CL back by June 2020. I don't understand why people feel a loan without an option to buy is so bad, the other option is not to have the player at all! We get a top player for very little money, if its only for 1 season so be it.
I don’t think some posters comprehend this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom