• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

TBF the same risk but to a lesser degree exists with Zaha. Didn't exactly light United on fire did he?
I'm happy with either but FFS get one done already
Mmm I'm not so scared with Zaha, I don't think he's elite but he will add something we don't have now, and to us that can be worth a lot! He was still very young when he joined United, and Manchester can be a lonely place if you don't hit the ground running.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Mmm I'm not so scared with Zaha, I don't think he's elite but he will add something we don't have now, and to us that can be worth a lot! He was still very young when he joined United, and Manchester can be a lonely place if you don't hit the ground running.
I do agree. Just stating that it doesn't always pan out. We've at least got them in the right order in terms of who we would prefer..

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
TBF the same risk but to a lesser degree exists with Zaha. Didn't exactly light United on fire did he?

No transfer is risk free. So yes, even Zaha comes with risks.

His time at United wasn't a success but I feel that time should maybe be expunged from his record or atleast come with an asterisk.

He was 20 years old, started living for the first time on his own, without family or friends. had the misfortune to have David Moyes as his manager. He only ever was given 2 games, one of them as a substitute to show what he could do (to say he was never given a chance would be a massive understatement).

I really want us to push the boat out for Zaha. Make him our first and 2nd target, if that fails then move on to Soares as 3rd choice target.

You are right about the urgency to get a move on though. All this time wasted preparing bids. Don't have much time to table them soon.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No transfer is risk free. So yes, even Zaha comes with risks.

His time at United wasn't a success but I feel that time should maybe be expunged from his record or atleast come with an asterisk.

He was 20 years old, started living for the first time on his own, without family or friends. had the misfortune to have David Moyes as his manager. He only ever was given 2 games, one of them as a substitute to show what he could do (to say he was never given a chance would be a massive understatement).

I really want us to push the boat out for Zaha. Make him our first and 2nd target, if that fails then move on to Soares as 3rd choice target.

You are right about the urgency to get a move on though. All this time wasted preparing bids. Don't have much time to table them soon.
100%, couldn't have aid it better. I really want Zaha too. I like him and he is a player I fear when we're up against him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Never really got a chance, Ferguson left, Moyes came in. The circumstances didn’t help him at all.

Soares is a massive risk compared to Zaha.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Never really got a chance, Ferguson left, Moyes came in. The circumstances didn’t help him at all.

Yes, I agree. That is why I said to a lesser degree. I also rate Zaha. Honestly expected him to explode at United. Would love the signing.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
The fear is, with Ceballos, Saliba, Soares, even Tierney, you’ve signed a bunch of guys who’ll need to make massive adjustments.

Someone like Zaha, ready to go straight away, red hot.

I'd rather go with very talented players with no PL experience than an average PL proven player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Zaha more useful for advertising and selling shirts as well, has a great head of hair and looks like a star.

Everton has the hairline of a 30 year old, advertisers won’t want any part of him.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Zaha more useful for advertising and selling shirts as well, has a great head of hair and looks like a star.

Everton has the hairline of a 30 year old, advertisers won’t want any part of him.
Soares is Brazilian, if he doesn't work out we can sell him to China for 100m or something. They've got a hard on for brazilians.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
How talented is Soares though? This forum never mentioned or saw him until the Copa America.
No one knew about Arthur Melo in this forum before Barca bought him either and he doesn’t look out of place in their midfield. Dominated the Sp**s midfield at Wembley in the CL also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom