• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If he can do what I've seen in his youtube videos regularly in the EPL then I actually prefer him to Zaha due to his age.

He's just as talented as a dribbler, seems to edge him in deftness of touch and makes up for the lack of top speed with crazy agility, he's also a hands down better ball striker than Zaha from what I've seen.

I just think that the 'if' is a big one. I've seen us go for the cheap import over the proven PL player before and it doesn't seem to work out for us. Zaha comes in and imo instantly guarantees us CL football, this guy might need a year or two or just completely flop.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He looks like a much better finisher than Zaha but Zaha's dribbling is elite. Sometimes looks like Soares lacks control of the ball.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If he can do what I've seen in his youtube videos regularly in the EPL then I actually prefer him to Zaha due to his age.

He's just as talented as a dribbler, seems to edge him in deftness of touch and makes up for the lack of top speed with crazy agility, he's also a hands down better ball striker than Zaha from what I've seen.

I just think that the 'if' is a big one. I've seen us go for the cheap import over the proven PL player before and it doesn't seem to work out for us. Zaha comes in and imo instantly guarantees us CL football, this guy might need a year or two or just completely flop.

I think Zaha edges it as he has the language, lives in London, knows the league well and is a club fan. I think those things are really important even if Everton has a higher ceiling technically. Big ask to come to this country and make an impact.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Mmm I'm not so scared with Zaha, I don't think he's elite but he will add something we don't have now, and to us that can be worth a lot! He was still very young when he joined United, and Manchester can be a lonely place if you don't hit the ground running.
The Daily Mail just had a piece on Zaha that expands on some of the problems you mention:
There also seems to have been a lack of pastoral care on United's part to help someone so young settle in new surroundings.

As a wealthy young man living on his own in Manchester, Zaha seemed to become a magnet for malicious rumours.

It was claimed in some circles that he had a bad attitude in training and, in a bizarre false rumour, that he had slept with Moyes's daughter, Lauren. In fact, Zaha had never met her.

It all amounted to a pretty torrid time.

'There were rumours that the reason I wasn't playing for United was because I slept with David Moyes's daughter, and no one [at the club] attempted to clear that up,' Zaha said in a 2018 interview.

'So I was fighting my demons by myself, these rumours that I knew weren't true. I was dealing with this at 19; living in Manchester by myself, nowhere near anyone else, because the club had a hold over where I lived.

'They hadn't given me a car, like every other player. Nothing. I'm living in this hell by myself, away from my family.

'When I was at United I had [plenty of money], but I was still so down and depressed.

Maybe it would've been different with Ferguson, but I felt you had to be pinpoint on everything.

'I had to go to training knowing that I wasn't going to be playing. Then I would see United fans making jokes. I went through that every single day. I lived up there by myself with not really anybody to speak to.'

African Flair

Physically you’ll wonder how much time Soares will need to adjust, atleast a year.
South American football is quite physical itself, a lot of agressive dudes running around. And he will probably come in up and running with momentum from being in season and recently won for Brazil taking revenge at Maracanã is huge. Not sure though if he will carry on for the whole season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think Zaha edges it as he has the language, lives in London, knows the league well and is a club fan. I think those things are really important even if Everton has a higher ceiling technically. Big ask to come to this country and make an impact.

Yep, those points are big pluses for Zaha. The only way I think we'd pass on Zaha is if we don't have the money, or he agrees to join another club. I think he will move for sure.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

100% my point of view. Given the videos alone, he's insane, but the risk is high

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I can't fathom why no other teams have bitten at this price? We should sign him regardless, even if it meant him not coming until January.

Could he play as winger in a 4-4-2?

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Only having seeing him on Copa America the thing that worries me the most are his stats, they don't seem stellar for a "weak" league. Yes he performed with Brazil, but there's always some players that go up a level when playing for their NT and never seem to replicate it at a club level.

Would be fun to have 2 onion related names with him and Ceballos though, fitting too, with all the tears that await us when our defense is getting cut up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom