• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

With Mahrez as a comparison, fair value is probably £60m.

We will probably offer something in the low 50s with Jenkinson attached and maybe a loan offer. May not be enough but most would think the club has made a fair offer.
He’s going, this window or next.

Palace can’t directly replace him, guys of his stature won’t join them. But 100m plus a player gives them room to improve the team in the absense of Zaha and AWB if they spend well.

scytheavatar

Established Member
@kofigunner yes, for bloody palace he's bagging those numbers. You do realize they score a lot less than us right.. Zaha wil surely go up a notch with quality around him..

So we need to get some quality to be around him:rofl:

That's rarely how things work....... plenty of players look a lot better in a small pond than in a big one. See Lukaku going from 25 goals in Everton to 16 goals in Utd, Higuain going from 36 goals in Napoli to 24 in Juve........... plenty of players look worse with quality around him. Simply because the team is no longer built around him and he actually has to do donkey work for his teammates.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
@Hleb's Sirush
You come across as a fair-minded and pretty well-informed poster - albeit one who was sucked into a Deeney-style rotational filing spat last night which almost got me subbed off for fear of being red-carded:).

So I am happy to accept your assessment that Palace are not a defenceless maiden and reckon we have a pretty savvy chairman in Parish. Nevertheless, the stakes are high, and relegation a possibility, therefore Raul’s games, if he is still interested in Zaha, are pretty hard for Palace fans to stomach. The idea that he unsettles a handful of players, lowballs their clubs and then waits to see which will go and fight his battles for him, is pretty distasteful and to my mind shows a lack of respect for the players and other clubs concerned.

Just my opinion as I know others, including many Palace fans, relish the use of the dark arts.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I've read this thread and it seems even among Arsenal fans opinions are divided on Raul and his history. He did it to you with Barca and you didn't like it, but now he's your power-play exponent it's suddenly OK?
My fervent hope is we offer Palace £33 and a bottle of tramps piss for Zaha because I'd see that as overpaying for this absolute nothing player. Nobody else is ever giving palace more than £30m for him, and he's worth half of that imo. What has he ever done for you or any Palace fan to think he's worth £80m, even in todays silly market?

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
My fervent hope is we offer Palace £33 and a bottle of tramps piss for Zaha because I'd see that as overpaying for this absolute nothing player. Nobody else is ever giving palace more than £30m for him, and he's worth half of that imo. What has he ever done for you or any Palace fan to think he's worth £80m, even in todays silly market?

Bless you my son. Your penance is to watch endless reruns of Arsenal vs Palace last season and to recite 100 times ..." I Mustafi find a decent defender soon..."

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
@Hleb's Sirush
You come across as a fair-minded and pretty well-informed poster - albeit one who was sucked into a Deeney-style rotational filing spat last night which almost got me subbed off for fear of being red-carded:).

So I am happy to accept your assessment that Palace are not a defenceless maiden and reckon we have a pretty savvy chairman in Parish. Nevertheless, the stakes are high, and relegation a possibility, therefore Raul’s games, if he is still interested in Zaha, are pretty hard for Palace fans to stomach. The idea that he unsettles a handful of players, lowballs their clubs and then waits to see which will go and fight his battles for him, is pretty distasteful and to my mind shows a lack of respect for the players and other clubs concerned.

Just my opinion as I know others, including many Palace fans, relish the use of the dark arts.

I agree with this and I feel for you as loosing a great player, especially for small teams, is always painful too watch as you don't even know when there's gonna be the next time a player of similar class might show up and the least thing you expect is to get a fair share out of it when he leaves.

The power of agents in the market has also gotten out of order. People like Raiola and Mendez have had an impact on the market as nobody could have imagined. Agents know their place now and the power they hold in the market. Players become puppets to serve nothing but the purpose of the agent to find a maximum profit for themselves.

Actually would really like to know about Zaha's agent and what role he's playing here. There are only a few genuine ones that really care for their player foremost before cash.

Raul knows the market and he knows what it has become. His believe in contacts to succeed and his willingness to go the long way, dirty tricks included, has probably been a part of why we have chosen him.

Wenger was probably a centerpiece of me becoming a fan in the first place, admiring the values he hold on to. He pretty much proved success isn't exclusive to class and playing fair.

However, the latest years and us becoming a laughing stock pretty much througout the world has me enjoying this short time now, feels like fighting back.

It is hard to admit that, but even though I've become a fan in parts due to us being class off the field as well, it feels good to be on the winning side of things again and nowadays, it seems, you've gotta get your hands dirty for it when some others are already crawlinf through the mud.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

You forgot to tell me what Zaha has ever done to warrant Palace's ridiculous valuation of the player. Go for it. 'Big clubs bullying little clubs'. GTFO.
He is obviously not worth what they value him, but he's got the x-factor and currently we have no one in the squad who truly does. It's a desperate situation from our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom