• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJSB97

Not as good as the Nasri, RvP days.

Admittedly it was elite football but there was a weak mentality around those times.

From a wholly explicit reputational/pedigree standpoint, Auba-Laca-Pepe is the best we've had, bought/buying all of them when their stock is arguably at its highest, not something we usually do.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We **** around for ages over a few million for Tierney, but straight up go all in for Pepe.

The staff must be very convinced about him.

It’s to do with structured payments rather than the amount. Lille much more flexible than Celtic in that regard.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
was thinking few days ago that Manutd could buy him when they sell Lukaku now they not agreeing to sell Lukaku unless for 70M i'm glad we moved quick. Liverpool doesn't seem interested at all even if their fans seem convinced they want Pepe despite having Mane Firmino and Salah ffs.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
was thinking few days ago that Manutd could buy him when they sell Lukaku now they not agreeing to sell Lukaku unless for 70M i'm glad we moved quick. Liverpool doesn't seem interested at all even if their fans seem convinced they want Pepe despite having Mane Firmino and Salah ffs.

When you are on top you still want more and more. Pepe would add good depth for major injuries as well as competition.

But they may not complain, really

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When you are on top you still want more and more. Pepe would add good depth for major injuries as well as competition.

But they may not complain, really
well you not wrong but where does pepe will fit? he is winger and they have Mane and Salah who just elite wingers i don't think he'll go there to rotate with them.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We made good on ****ing them over.

giphy.gif

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
well you not wrong but where does pepe will fit? he is winger and they have Mane and Salah who just elite wingers i don't think he'll go there to rotate with them.

That's why it's not the best solution for him to make absolutely sure he can push on, but for Liverpools perspective it does make sense

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’ve seen little rumblings of people saying he’s not as connect to Arsenal as he use to be, might be confirmation bias but I see it sometimes.

People need to realise not everything he says or is told is going to be accurate. If the club are in the middle of trying to negotiate an €80m deal are they really going to tell him if he rings them and asks to confirm? If they’re in the middle of negotiations with other teams that just puts the price up. They only tell him truths if something is far along and they’re confident of doing it.

People think if Ornstein hasn’t said it then it can’t be true or he’s never wrong. @Highbury_2006

Am I the only one not entirely convinced by this? I see signing a boy on the back of one outstanding season in France as a bit of a risk (Gervinho - *shudder*) but at these kind of figures I see it as a huge risk. Why wasn’t he starting the last few games at AFCON? I also feel it’s more of a left sided winger we need.

Hope he comes and hits it off from the get go. I am happy just to see us involved in these deals though, I must admit.

Preacher

Always Crying
Orny becomes good only when transfer is 90% done. In other cases he's mid tier aka mupper level. Still better than that Binge guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom