• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup 2019: Arsenal v Lyon | KO: 15:15 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nketiah needs a loan, he’s 20 and he’s been held back too long. People criticising him need to look past the misses, a season playing regularly in a good league will tell us if he’s Arsenal quality.

Nelson looks better on the left, who would have thought it!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nketiah needs a loan, he’s 20 and he’s been held back too long. People criticising him need to look past the misses, a season playing regularly in a good league will tell us if he’s Arsenal quality.

Nelson looks better on the left, who would have thought it!
Yeah. A loan with TJJ as 3rd choice is good for me. Only issue is Laca. Is he OK?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was just there today. Nothing really meaningful from him.
I just don't see what he does that Guendouzi can't do. Like you sat, he was just there. No dictating play. No receiving the ball deep and getting us up the pitch. No assists or chances created for others. Ceballos has more of an obvious impact than he had all game. We need a vice captain to step up.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lots of positives From the first half, plus Martinelli and cebalos look interesting. Martinelli should have had a foul at the end when he was blocked off outside the box. The future certainly looks bright.

But **** me Xhaka could be replaced by a plank of wood that Leno and the CBs bounce the ball off back to themselves. He slows down the break every time with a pass back.

And I hate to get on the mustafi bandwagon, but when Dembele got through he just stopped and put his hand up. Play to the whistle.

Far too rigid in such a crucial position. A number 6 that cannot pivot with the ball and evade a press stifles not only attacks but puts defences in trouble.

With Xhaka there, we need someone in defence as good at passing as van Dyke who can hit balls out from the back to our wingers, and that to me is dodging the real issue.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
With Ceballos, Willock, Gouendouzi and Torreira he should be on the bench, we actually have good depth in midfield now. Sadly it won`t happen.
That four on paper in any combo has enough although I think its Torreira plus two in a 433 or in a two with 4231 now Laca is injured.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
no longer easy on the eye, watching us play. Today was specially sad.

People posting this need to open their eyes. You post that our team isn't good enough, the players aren't good enough, what do you expect that to play like? Obviously its not gonna be easy on the eye.

Our main team with Tierney and Pepe IF we get them over the line and also with Ceballos will actually be easy on the eye. The lot that played today will never ever be easy on the eye apart from Willock/Nelson/Auba/Laca. We had nothing creative on the pitch until Ceballos came on.

MikeVinna

Established Member
We have a few too many liabilities in the team.

Mustafi, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan for example simply can not be relied upon to not **** up every game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I just don't see what he does that Guendouzi can't do. Like you sat, he was just there. No dictating play. No receiving the ball deep and getting us up the pitch. No assists or chances created for others. Ceballos has more of an obvious impact than he had all game. We need a vice captain to step up.
He did receive the ball deep but did quite little with it today. Normally he at least progresses play quite well in comparison to others but Geundouzi also did well in that regard today (held on too long sometimes though) and Willock also did a good job of getting it forward aswell. Hopefully we can replace Xhaka very soon.

I'm keen to see more of Ceballos. If Emery is smart, he doesn't play Ceballos as a 10 and uses him ahead of Xhaka instead.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka is about to be named captain. He’s a guaranteed starter in that midfield, make peace with it.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I thought Eddie was rubbish, actually outside of that one moment where he bullied Sule he's been pretty meh missing lot of easy chances this pre-season. Don't think he is ready at all, hope he goes on loan.

Xhaka was absolutely rubbish this pre-season and this game was no exception. I mean he is usually rubbish anyway, but hope he gets ready in time for the season's start because looking at the line up today we don't have actually anyone to deputize for him since all of Guen/Torreira/Caballos/Willock seem to play mainly next to him...

Don't forget that lovely ball Xhaka played to Nketiah against Real Madrid in the second half. That was legit class.

Xhaka simply isn't agile enough and always panics under pressure. Ceballos should take his place.

I will start a midfield of Ceballos, Willock and Torreira against Newcastle.

If Torreira isn't fit, then I'll give Guendouzi a go. As for Nketiah, I just don't rate his talent.

He has some good moments and a strong mentality, but I don't think he is technically gifted enough or explosive enough to make it here.

Maybe he can be a squad player like Wiltord, but he will have to be clutch for that to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom