• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We could have asked United to keep Mikhi and asked for just 10M. We essentially just wasted our money by paying this guy for so long without getting anything back from him. Pretty sure United would have been fine with the 10M. Don't know who accepted this crazy idea to do an exchange deal.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

We could have asked United to keep Mikhi and asked for just 10M. We essentially just wasted our money by paying this guy for so long without getting anything back from him. Pretty sure United would have been fine with the 10M. Don't know who accepted this crazy idea to do an exchange deal.
In hindsight we should have sold Alexis for 50/60M in the summer, which would have been plenty to get a proper replacement.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
In hindsight we should have sold Alexis for 50/60M in the summer, which would have been plenty to get a proper replacement.
The problem is that it was his last year in his contract and it was January already. He was about to move to City for free after the season was over. So when United wanted to make a move in January and he was happy with it, we took Mkhi without thinking much. What resulted was a net loss for us.

Wryer

Sanchez-Mkhi will go down as the most celebrated pointless transfer ever. Only the agents won.

It has become very painful to watch Mkhi play, sadly. It's sad when he was at one point the most productive player in Europe. The decline is shocking.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Sanchez-Mkhi will go down as the most celebrated pointless transfer ever. Only the agents won.

It has become very painful to watch Mkhi play, sadly. It's sad when he was at one point the most productive player in Europe. The decline is shocking.

If he wasn't such a douche bag and would not come here on silly wages, I'd happily take Sanchez back.

Sanchez - PEA - Zaha.

I know, not going to happen and also not optimal with Zaha positional wise, but it would be extremely entertaining.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If he wasn't such a douche bag and would not come here on silly wages, I'd happily take Sanchez back.

Sanchez - PEA - Zaha.

I know, not going to happen and also not optimal with Zaha positional wise, but it would be extremely entertaining.

HELL NO! That selfish muppet, destroyed team spirit here and plays for himself.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
"If he wasn't such a douche bag.."

Fair point, you did state this clearly. I really started to despise Sanchez during his last 10-12 months here. You look at AUba and Laca and they seem happy to be here. Zaha would wear the shirt with pride. Sanchez was moping for months.

zilfy

I know people say we'll never be able to offload mkhi cos his wages are too high. But isn't it feasible that he could willingly take a pay cut?
I know I would. I would if it meant I could get first team football week in and week out, playing the game I love, at a level suited to my abilities. I would if it meant I could hold my head up high, knowing i wasn't pissing off fans and having a detrimental effect on the club to which I belong.

Even if he accepts 100 k, that's still 5 mil a year isn't it? Isn't it better to take the 5 mil and still have some self-respect? And maybe the respect of the fans? We are social creatures after all, surely it's not all about money when all is said and done

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

We'd be stuck with Thomas Lemar if we'd sold Alexis. I've not heard much positive at all about him since his move to Atletico

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Fair point, you did state this clearly. I really started to despise Sanchez during his last 10-12 months here. You look at AUba and Laca and they seem happy to be here. Zaha would wear the shirt with pride. Sanchez was moping for months.

Werent we all thou?

We are shyte and he was pissed

Dont you get triggered more by the fing clown Auba now? Yeah we know you can laugh all the way to the bank, how about some respect for those of us that actually care ?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Werent we all thou?

We are shyte and he was pissed

Dont you get triggered more by the fing clown Auba now? Yeah we know you can laugh all the way to the bank, how about some respect for those of us that actually care ?
36qxc8.jpg

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I know people say we'll never be able to offload mkhi cos his wages are too high. But isn't it feasible that he could willingly take a pay cut?
I know I would. I would if it meant I could get first team football week in and week out, playing the game I love, at a level suited to my abilities. I would if it meant I could hold my head up high, knowing i wasn't pissing off fans and having a detrimental effect on the club to which I belong.

Even if he accepts 100 k, that's still 5 mil a year isn't it? Isn't it better to take the 5 mil and still have some self-respect? And maybe the respect of the fans? We are social creatures after all, surely it's not all about money when all is said and done

Unfortunately not, I get where you are coming from but you cant really blame him. If I was in his situation I would do the same too, its not always about money but when you are clearly done it may be, he is probably well aware he wont get this kind of contract ever again.

Its as much the club being at fault as it is his.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Why the fark is he so happy about?
We are in the worst slump weve been in since before Wenger

Have some frekkin decorum, pull your head down, bite down Hard and get to work!

Being happy and joking around is for when we are winning.

We are failing tactically and technically.
Time to work harder

teamsoutheast

Thought he was good yesterday. Still useful for us, but I wouldn't say no to 15m.
He has class but just needs to keep showing it consiatently. He does tend to go missing a little too often for someone with his experience and ability. I must say I would not mind seeing him in the middle. He's not afraid to drive at defenders and is very skilful and has a great eye for goal. He should be hitting 10-15 goals consistently at this stage in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom