• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,896

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@MutableEarth what player is Saka most similar to? Sorry if you’ve been asked before but I haven’t had time to watch him myself yet.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth what player is Saka most similar to? Sorry if you’ve been asked before but I haven’t had time to watch him myself yet.
Isn't really anyone I can confidently say hes similar to. Theres an argument for Bale - athlete, powerful strike, good powerful dribble, used to be a left back.

This kinda gives us a fuller picture - he had his head turned ages ago. We are gonna have to be careful about our u18s and u23s this season. A lot of eyes will be closely etched onto them.

teamsoutheast

I'm hoping this is where Per steps in and uses his influence to keep the players on the 'Arsenal track' going forward. Can't fault his ambition and the belief he has in his abity to make the move abroad at such a young age. Lots of German clubs seem to be doing this. What is it they are seeing which the Spanish/French/Dutch clubs aren't?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm hoping this is where Per steps in and uses his influence to keep the players on the 'Arsenal track' going forward. Can't fault his ambition and the belief he has in his abity to make the move abroad at such a young age. Lots of German clubs seem to be doing this. What is it they are seeing which the Spanish/French/Dutch clubs aren't?
Not necessarily what they're seeing because all those clubs are watching aswell. PSG and Monaco want TJJ. Amaechi had La Liga clubs after him. German teams are offering first team football earlier than the others, and are willing to be used as stepping stones for money.

Sickening to watch that. He’s joined Valencia.
That's genuinely gutting. I cant believe he decided to leave, hed have powered his way to first team football in no time.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Not necessarily what they're seeing because all those clubs are watching aswell. PSG and Monaco want TJJ. Amaechi had La Liga clubs after him. German teams are offering first team football earlier than the others, and are willing to be used as stepping stones for money.

That's genuinely gutting. I cant believe he decided to leave, hed have powered his way to first team football in no time.

I just don't get why he wanted to leave so bad. He was already getting regular U18 playing time as a schoolboy.

It would have been fun to watch him and Azeez grow together.

Both can be so dynamic. Dribbling, passing, movement and pretty solid defense work too.

Musah was the more powerful athlete and seems to be rated for his leadership also as he was captain for England U17 teams he was on.

This one hurts the most, at least with Amaechi we have so many other talented wingers.

Daley Campbell was a physical specimen, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over his departure.

Musah just has something about him and his potential in that CM position is just so exciting.

Saddest loss since Christopher Willock left.

Got to respect Musah here. Its risk going to other country to try to make it! I think he was highly rated here but the kid must have seen how we treated Willock last season a obvious talent that constantly got overlooked by Elneny and when Douzi was out of form.

Will be intersting to see how he does.

Where is Daley-Campbell heading?

akhil

Regarding Musah, his physical advantages will definitely be more prominent in youth football, that advantage will be cut down significantly in senior football. We're still 2-3 years until we seem him at that level.

We did this sort of stuff for Cesc and Hector, it was just a matter of time when we'd be at the receiving end of it.

BobP

Memri Fan
Isn't really anyone I can confidently say hes similar to. Theres an argument for Bale - athlete, powerful strike, good powerful dribble, used to be a left back.

This kinda gives us a fuller picture - he had his head turned ages ago. We are gonna have to be careful about our u18s and u23s this season. A lot of eyes will be closely etched onto them.

Saka is something else, younger and already better than Amaechi. If he grows a few more CMs the Bale comparison could turn out to be true.

On Amaechi, I'm not too fussed. If you're the sentimental type one could say it's disappointing to lose a talented academy product but at the end of the day the arrival of Martinelli more than compensates for Amaechi's departure.

Also interesting to note that looking through his instagram there was no goodbye or thank you message from Amaechi which is pretty pathetic IMO.

Nothing more the club could have done regarding Musah.

Edit: The key with TJJ is loaning Eddie out and promoting him to the 3rd striker position, think he's versatile and we'll rounded enough to be of use to the first team.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I just don't get why he wanted to leave so bad. He was already getting regular U18 playing time as a schoolboy.

It would have been fun to watch him and Azeez grow together.

Both can be so dynamic. Dribbling, passing, movement and pretty solid defense work too.

Musah was the more powerful athlete and seems to be rated for his leadership also as he was captain for England U17 teams he was on.

This one hurts the most, at least with Amaechi we have so many other talented wingers.

Daley Campbell was a physical specimen, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over his departure.

Musah just has something about him and his potential in that CM position is just so exciting.

Saddest loss since Christopher Willock left.
Christopher :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Musah was close to joining Juve in 2018, they were even reporting it as a done deal in Italy. He might have just decided to finish school in England and then move this year.

Looking at his background, born in the US, raised in Italy, moved to England as a teen etc, he’s probably somebody who wants to experience different styles of play to see where he wants to settle down and play his football and Spain/Valencia is a great choice.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Saka is something else, younger and already better than Amaechi. If he grows a few more CMs the Bale comparison could turn out to be true.

On Amaechi, I'm not too fussed. If you're the sentimental type one could say it's disappointing to lose a talented academy product but at the end of the day the arrival of Martinelli more than compensates for Amaechi's departure.

Also interesting to note that looking through his instagram there was no goodbye or thank you message from Amaechi which is pretty pathetic IMO.

Nothing more the club could have done regarding Musah.

Edit: The key with TJJ is loaning Eddie out and promoting him to the 3rd striker position, think he's versatile and we'll rounded enough to be of use to the first team.
Re Amaechi, he posted a thank you on his Instagram story rather than on his actual page. And while its disappointing, his loss is one we can actually absorb quite easily due to how many good attackers we still have at that level. Somebody has to give, cant keep em all sadly!

Re TJJ I agree. He could be a good deputy for Laca, similar type of player. However the team sets itself up, one of TJJ or Eddie could see a decent amount of minutes and the other could go on loan. I could see John-Jules signing a deal and going somewhere.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Got to respect Musah here. Its risk going to other country to try to make it! I think he was highly rated here but the kid must have seen how we treated Willock last season a obvious talent that constantly got overlooked by Elneny and when Douzi was out of form.

Will be intersting to see how he does.

Where is Daley-Campbell heading?
Daley-Campbell went to Leicester City.

Musah was close to joining Juve in 2018, they were even reporting it as a done deal in Italy. He might have just decided to finish school in England and then move this year.

Looking at his background, born in the US, raised in Italy, moved to England as a teen etc, he’s probably somebody who wants to experience different styles of play to see where he wants to settle down and play his football and Spain/Valencia is a great choice.
Yeah hes been linked with loads of moves away.

Were still quite strong though. Still have Azeez and Patino. We've got a kid called Badeira who I've heard is decent. Ebiowei too.

LArs

Re Amaechi, he posted a thank you on his Instagram story rather than on his actual page. And while its disappointing, his loss is one we can actually absorb quite easily due to how many good attackers we still have at that level. Somebody has to give, cant keep em all sadly!

Re TJJ I agree. He could be a good deputy for Laca, similar type of player. However the team sets itself up, one of TJJ or Eddie could see a decent amount of minutes and the other could go on loan. I could see John-Jules signing a deal and going somewhere.
@MutableEarth Who is/could be better suited for a lone CF position, Eddie or TJJ?

9jagooner

I am glad to see these youngsters are taking their careers by the horn and making bold decisions. Though for one or two of them, I would have advised they wait one more season at least before moving but still, bold moves. That's what I want to see. The days of being treated like kids till they are 25 are over. If you want to play for the first team, prove that you're better than those in the team already. Don't expect to be played constantly even if you are not performing (ala Theo, Iwobi, etc).

And if you feel you're too good for Arsenal, then go somewhere else and prove it.

Both sides (players and club) will learn from it over time. If players who are leaving (Amaechi, etc) prove to be hits in other clubs, the club will sit down and review their system. If on the other hand, they don't fulfill their potentials, future academy players will look at that and learn from it.

I want success for both sides. I for one will be glad to see Amaechi tearing up the German league (or any where else he goes to in future). I will be happy for him. At the end of the day, it's his career.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm not too concerned about the guy who was desperate to leave at the age of 16. He would trouble us more in the future with contracts so it's best to get rid of players like him on time, no matter how good they are.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm sad that we lost Musah but we have Azeez coming through, its a similar situtation to Amaechi tbh.
We are losing a good player but we still have a wealth of talent in that position.

Top Bottom