• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
You are full of shiite..Santi Cazorla was one of the best signings of Arsène.Most two footed player you will ever see.He use to start for Spain when Cesc and Thiago warmed the bench.He is still a class act I watch villareal from time to time to see Santi dominate the mid field after coming back from 2 years of injury and 11 operation.
He scored Twice at the bernebue this season to win the game.How can anybody hate on Santi the magician.

Dont drink the koolaid.

I an not hating on Santi, i'm hating on the notion that he is the end all of what is great and what we need.

We were in the same boat back then but people view those days with rose tinted glasses. Doesnt matter if we looked better or not, we didnt win the league or Europe with him neither

What he does in spain has No bearing on what he could do in the PL.

BobP

Memri Fan
A somewhat realistic take:

GK

Leno
Martínez

CB

New Signing
Sokratis
Holding
Chambers

RB

Bellerín
Maitland-Niles

LB

Tierney
Monreal

CM

Xhaka
Torreira
Guendouzi
Willock

RW

Pépé
Mkhitaryan
Martinelli

AM

Ceballos
Özil

LW

Iwobi
Nelson

ST

Aubameyang
Lacazette
John-Jules

Out
Ospina
Elneny
Koscielny
Mustafi
Jenkinson
Asano
Kolašinac
Bielik
Smith Rowe [Loan]
Mavropanos [Loan]
Nketiah [Loan]

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

GK

Leno
Martínez

CB

New Signing
Sokratis
Holding
Chambers

RB

Bellerín
Maitland-Niles

LB

Tierney
Monreal

CM

Xhaka
Torreira
Guendouzi
Willock

RW

Pépé
Mkhitaryan
Martinelli

AM

Ceballos
Özil

LW

Iwobi
Nelson

ST

Aubameyang
Lacazette
John-Jules

Out
Ospina
Elneny
Koscielny
Mustafi
Jenkinson
Asano
Kolašinac
Bielik
Smith Rowe [Loan]
Mavropanos [Loan]
Nketiah [Loan]

The ages of our players an interesting thing. Of those you have staying only handful are over 28.

BobP

Memri Fan
The ages of our players an interesting thing. Of those you have staying only handful are over 28.

The squad is only going to get younger as well.

Sokratis, Monreal, Mkhitaryan, and Özil will all be gone in the space of two seasons, and that's without even touching on Aubameyang and Lacazette.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Although I'm personally biased towards exciting signings below 23 years old, this might actually mean we would do well to buy in the 26-28 category in the next few windows. Can't have a squad of 20-24 year olds, need some experience as well.

At the start of the window, our squad was fairly old with few valuable assets. Much different outlook now.

Think you're largely right that this will be our squad at the start of the season. Think it's more likely Monreal is sold than Kolasinac though. Hope we manage to sell Mkhitaryan, but zero links, unfortunately.

Think with Kos, Musti, Kola/Monreal and Mkhi out, we'd have largely covered the loss of last season due to high wages. That could mean a positive financial balance despite missing out on CL.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Although I'm personally biased towards exciting signings below 23 years old, this might actually mean we would do well to buy in the 26-28 category in the next few windows. Can't have a squad of 20-24 year olds, need some experience as well.

At the start of the window, our squad was fairly old with few valuable assets. Much different outlook now.

Think you're largely right that this will be our squad at the start of the season. Think it's more likely Monreal is sold than Kolasinac though. Hope we manage to sell Mkhitaryan, but zero links, unfortunately.

Think with Kos, Musti, Kola/Monreal and Mkhi out, we'd have largely covered the loss of last season due to high wages. That could mean a positive financial balance despite missing out on CL.

Modern training and sports medicine has come a long way, you can buy 30+ today and still excpect alotta years

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

GK

Leno
Martínez

CB

New Signing
Sokratis
Holding
Chambers

RB

Bellerín
Maitland-Niles

LB

Tierney
Monreal

CM

Xhaka
Torreira
Guendouzi
Willock

RW

Pépé
Mkhitaryan
Martinelli

AM

Ceballos
Özil

LW

Iwobi
Nelson

ST

Aubameyang
Lacazette
John-Jules

Out
Ospina
Elneny
Koscielny
Mustafi
Jenkinson
Asano
Kolašinac
Bielik
Smith Rowe [Loan]
Mavropanos [Loan]
Nketiah [Loan]

Good list, shaping up to be an exciting squad. But I’d keep Kolasinac ahead of Nacho- I love him but his legs are gone.

Mkhitaryan needs selling. He can’t coast through another season, surely. Hard to see where he goes though.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Has there been any links for Elneny? See Monreal going if we get Tierney but honestly I'd not mind if Kola went, has some value and a big wage.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Leno
Martinez
Macey

Bellerin
AMN
Jenkinson (can’t see us selling)

Sokratis
New CB
Holding
Chambers (also cover at RB and DM)
Medley
(Saliba loan)
(Mavropanos loan)

Tierney (?)
Kolasinac
Monreal (could see going back to Spain depending on how we look end of August)

Xhaka
Torreira
Ceballos (could also see as a 10 against bigger sides when we want a harder worker behind the striker)
Guendouzi
Willock

Pepe
Mhki
Martinelli

Özil
Iwobi
(Smith-Rowe loan)

Aubameyang
Nelson
Saka

Lacazette
Nketiah

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 depending on how we set up the midfield against different oppositions.

This will be the best squad we’ve had in years.

BobP

Memri Fan
Good list, shaping up to be an exciting squad. But I’d keep Kolasinac ahead of Nacho- I love him but his legs are gone.

Mkhitaryan needs selling. He can’t coast through another season, surely. Hard to see where he goes though.

What concerns me about Kolasinac are his wages and his inability to play as a LB in a back 4. Don't get me wrong, Monreal is in decline, but if we can ring one final season out of him as back up to Tierney, we can then let him go on a free and bring in a cheap backup to Tierney.

Mkhitaryan and Özil are probably a chance to leave at the end of the upcoming season, the former more than the latter for obvious reasons.

Has there been any links for Elneny? See Monreal going if we get Tierney but honestly I'd not mind if Kola went, has some value and a big wage.

Elneny was linked to West Ham a little while ago.

Reyes no.11

Formation: 4-3-3

GK: Leno, Martinez, Macey
LB: *Tierney, Monreal
CB: Sokratis, Holding, Mavropanos
CB: *Rugani, Chambers
RB: Bellerin, Jenkinson

CM: *Bakayoko, Guendouzi, Smith Rowe
DM: Torreira, Maitland-Niles
CM: *Ceballos, Willock

LM: *Zaha, Iwobi
CF: Aubameyang, Martinelli, Nketiah
RM: *Pepe, Mkhitaryan

In: Tierney, Rugani, Bakayoko, Ceballos, Zaha, Pepe
Out: Koscielny, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny, Xhaka, Özil, Lacazette

First XI

------------------------------------Leno

Bellerin--------------Rugani----------------Sokratis--------------Tierney

-----------------------------------Torreira
--------------------Ceballos-------------------Bakayoko

Pepe-------------------------------------------------------------------Zaha
--------------------------------Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Martinelli

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
First-team squad 2019/20:

Goalkeeper
Leno
Martinez
Macey

Defenders
Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscielny
Sokratis
Mavropanos
Holding
Monreal
Kolasinac
Maitland-Niles
Jenkinson
Chambers

Midfielders
Torreira
Ceballos
Guendouzi
Xhaka
Elneny
Özil
Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Nelson
Smith-Rowe
Bielik
Willock

Forwards
Aubameyang
Lacazette
Pepe
Nketiah
Martinelli​

Updated.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
GK Leno Martines
RB Bellerin AMN
CB Sokratis CB Holding Chambers Medley
LB Tierney Kolasinac
CM Torreira Guendozi Xhaka Ceballos Willock
AM Özil Mkhi
Wingers Pepe Nelson Iwobi Auba Martinelli
CF Laca Nektiah

i think this will be our squad we still short on wings we'll have to improve it next summer also i think Elneny Kosh Mustafi Monreal will be sold this month.

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
So if we get tierney and a cb and get rid of mustafi and kos then the last 2 summer transfer windows will be the best this club has seen for over a decade.

Giroud12

If we get in a new CB like Umtiti (hopefully someone better) this squad is really starting to look good.

Leno is a top keeper. Tierney is very exciting and Bellerin is one of the best RB´s in the league. Sokratis, Holding and a new CB could just be good enough. Torreira will only get better, same with Guendouzi, and Xhaka is not as bad as some people think. Willock will have his big breakthrough this season.

Going forward we´re absolutely fantastic. Laca and Auba has shown they are world class, Ceballos has the potential to tear it up in this league and we´ve all seen the stuff Pepe can do.

We won´t have great depth, but Iwobi, Miki, Nketiah, Martinelli etc. could do a job.

Granted, were "only" an injury crisis a la last year away from giving significant game time to Mustafi, AMN and possibly even Jenkinson, but if we can avoid major injuries I think this team is the best after Pool and City.

United is a mess at the moment and is lacking quality forwards. Sp**s is very reliant on Son and Kane and it will be interesting to see how VAR is going to affect them. Chelsea without Hazard seems fecked and both Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic need to hit the ground running.

We should have taken third last season despite a massive injury crisis and quite a bit of bad luck (away to Chelsea, Man U, Sp**s). We´re much stronger now, especially if Tierney and a new CB joins.

Can´t wait for the season to start now.

Top Bottom