• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Want more goals from him this season. Luckily it seems we don’t have to sell him/Auba to finance a deal for another star attacker. But his last goal return was somewhat disappointing.

Love that he’s got a knack for scoring in big games, but we need a bigger output from him now. 25 in all comps should do nicely.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Want more goals from him this season. Luckily it seems we don’t have to sell him/Auba to finance a deal for another star attacker. But his last goal return was somewhat disappointing.

Love that he’s got a knack for scoring in big games, but we need a bigger output from him now. 25 in all comps should do nicely.
Tbh don't mind his goals totals if his link up play gets more consistent, bringing others into play to spread the goals around would be amazing for me. Firmino only got 12 last season!
As you mentioned he has a knack for scoring in big games when it matters most, that is huge in itself

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Tbh don't mind his goals totals if his link up play gets more consistent, bringing others into play to spread the goals around would be amazing for me. Firmino only got 12 last season!
As you mentioned he has a knack for scoring in big games when it matters most, that is huge in itself
something that Ramsey did more than once, and that won us trophies, so I'm more than happy if he takes on that role

Reactions: roz

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

I thought Firmino was poor last season, not just his goal return his all round game. Every time I watch Laca I can’t help but feel there’s more to come.

I love his linkup play, even though attacks break down at his feet occasionally. His work rate is fantastic and it’s helped us out more often than not. I’d just like to see him get in more goalscoring positions. His finishing in general is excellent, but he seems to have to work too hard to score.

Laca was bought as an out and out striker. Firmino is a no.10/false 9 hybrid. Season before last he got 27 goals in all comps which was outstanding, I think Laca is capable of similar numbers whilst maintaining his playing style.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
So Heskey type.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I thought Firmino was poor last season, not just his goal return his all round game. Every time I watch Laca I can’t help but feel there’s more to come.

I love his linkup play, even though attacks break down at his feet occasionally. His work rate is fantastic and it’s helped us out more often than not. I’d just like to see him get in more goalscoring positions. His finishing in general is excellent, but he seems to have to work too hard to score.

Laca was bought as an out and out striker. Firmino is a no.10/false 9 hybrid. Season before last he got 27 goals in all comps which was outstanding, I think Laca is capable of similar numbers whilst maintaining his playing style.
Not sure Firmino was poor last season but lets hope Laca can hit those heights you mentioned

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Hopefully with the addition of Ceballos, Pepe and possibly Tierney we might be able to be much more on the front foot, which should mean Laca doesn't have to drop back as often, helping out the midfield. He should stay higher up the pitch. That way we will be utilising his strengths, instead of him wasting his energy chasing down the opposition's midfielders.

His link up play seems to be getting better. Needs to improve on his finishing though, still takes too much time for my liking to get a shot off.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Will he be able to keep up with the pace of Auba and Pepe?
He won't need to. With them putting defenses on the back foot, Laca will actually be able to do his job of occupying the CBs rather than constantly having to drop back and look for the ball. A trio of Auba, Laca and Nelson looked delicious last summer. Substitute Pepe for Nelson and it's sinful.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Right move locking those two down. Feel so much better about the state of the club now than I did even a month ago.

Music to my ears! Vinai, Emery and Raul know how to pull the strings.

giphy.gif

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
must be mighty busy getting ready the announcements of the two new players and the two extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom