• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Krystian Bielik (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
10m for a player that could be worth much more than that in 2 years is not a great business, but we'll have to take it as selling Mustafi was always mission impossible for us.
Ideal world would be selling Mustafi and Elneny and playing Bielik, but there's nothing club can do about it. Chambers is staying who is less talented player but has more experience than Bielik so at least some good news for our squad roles.

He could also be worth less in 2 years. So far he has only proved himself at League 1 level, for one season. Just playing Bielik will not necessarily drive up his price. He would have to succeed and there are no guarantees that he is even a PL level player. He could fail miserably and then we would once again be in a situation where we have to search for another successful loan spell before anybody is willing to buy. He's 21 already. It's an age where some players reach their peak. There are no guarantees that Bielik will become significantly better than he is now. Jadon Sancho cost Dortmund £8m. And, moreover, it is called transfer market, after all. You can't just invent prices that feel good and then people automatically pay them. The market dictates the price - supply and demand, you know. A player is not worth £20m today because he could some day be worth £20m. He is worth £20m when somebody is actually willing to pay that money for him. Nobody can say for sure this day will come for Bielik

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He doesn't want to be here because he wants to play, isn't that the attitude we should be looking for?

I'd much rather sell Chambers for €20-25m instead of selling Bielik. Think he would do well as 3rd choice CB and back-up for Torreira or as a pairing against the big teams.

Can you see the contradiction in your post? You said he wants to play and then suggest he remain in our bench. I'm pretty sure he wants to start at this point in his career and this is the reason Emery didn't even give him a chance. Because he knows Bielik is not good enough for Arsenal at this point, won't renew and is bad for the team spirit if not starting.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He's 21 already. It's an age where some players reach their peak.
What? Name one player in his position (either CDM or CB) that has reached their peak by 21. What absolute nonsense. These are typically positions which see players really performing in their late 20s due to the intelligence needed to successfully operate them.

I fully agree we should not take the risk with Bielik. @truth_hurts stated it beautifully but to claim that he should already be a star is just nonsense.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He doesn't want to be here because he wants to play, isn't that the attitude we should be looking for?

I'd much rather sell Chambers for €20-25m instead of selling Bielik. Think he would do well as 3rd choice CB and back-up for Torreira or as a pairing against the big teams.

Bielik starting Premier League games at cb? Not convinced. I wouldn't be convinced with Salibah starting Premier League games for us yet. Chambers is infinitely more reliable at CB.

I wish Bielik well, but there's nothing to suggest that he doesn't become a Lansbury or J.E.T.

truth_hurts

Sounds like Koscielny to me! Joke aside, I love the fact that our young players are backing themselves, but I rate 4 young CMs at the club more highly that Bieilk and 4 defenders 24 or under as better.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Can you see the contradiction in your post? You said he wants to play and then suggest he remain in our bench. I'm pretty sure he wants to start at this point in his career and this is the reason Emery didn't even give him a chance. Because he knows Bielik is not good enough for Arsenal at this point, won't renew and is bad for the team spirit if not starting.

It's not necessarily a contradiction. If you're the first stand-in for 2 positions and are first choice based on some tactical decisions, you'd easily rack up 30 matches in a season.

I'm resigned to him leaving, but I think he would have been the best option to fill the Mustafi/Elneny hole in the squad. I rate him.

Of course, no one actually knows how he would develop. His value could go up with playtime or down, sure. Pepe might also flop even at €80m, although we all expect him to do well. Bielik cost us €2m, Chambers €15m+. In terms of value, we'd do well to sell Chambers now that his stock is high and get €20m+ to recover the money he has not warranted over the course of his career here. Bielik could probably still be sold at a profit if he does not do as well in the first team this season and hasn't cost us much if he flops.

But let me reiterate, I am resigned to Bielik leaving. Wish him all the best, shame it did not work out.

Sounds like Koscielny to me! Joke aside, I love the fact that our young players are backing themselves, but I rate 4 young CMs at the club more highly that Bieilk and 4 defenders 24 or under as better.

Fair enough. I see Bielik primarily as a DM, where I think we're short on quality (and quantity if we manage to sell Elneny). Think Bielik would be fine as a rotational option for CB, but I see where you're coming from.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's not necessarily a contradiction. If you're the first stand-in for 2 positions and are first choice based on some tactical decisions, you'd easily rack up 30 matches in a season.

I'm resigned to him leaving, but I think he would have been the best option to fill the Mustafi/Elneny hole in the squad. I rate him.

Of course, no one actually knows how he would develop. His value could go up with playtime or down, sure. Pepe might also flop even at €80m, although we all expect him to do well. Bielik cost us €2m, Chambers €15m+. In terms of value, we'd do well to sell Chambers now that his stock is high and get €20m+ to recover the money he has not warranted over the course of his career here. Bielik could probably still be sold at a profit if he does not do as well in the first team this season and hasn't cost us much if he flops.

But let me reiterate, I am resigned to Bielik leaving. Wish him all the best, shame it did not work out.

Yeah. But cannot shift Mustafi or Elneny without too big losses it seems. Let's hope the best though. I would think Elneny has at least some demand, because he is not too expensive.

I really would not play League One proven CB as 3rd option CB at Arsenal. That is madness to me. You cannot buy another for a while when season has begun.

And like others said, we have quite good midfield with young better and even proven players.

Bielik has 2 seasons in his contract and won't renew. And doesn't seem to want to be backup. So he has to be sold in this situation.

FinnGooner

Established Member
What? Name one player in his position (either CDM or CB) that has reached their peak by 21. What absolute nonsense. These are typically positions which see players really performing in their late 20s due to the intelligence needed to successfully operate them.

I fully agree we should not take the risk with Bielik. @truth_hurts stated it beautifully but to claim that he should already be a star is just nonsense.

Typically, yes, players improve after 21 years of age. But not always. Anything can happen, personal problems, injuries might derail their progress. And by reaching their peak, I mean that they might not significantly improve no longer. Not necessarily regressing. In case of Bielik this would mean never becoming a PL level player. As for examples that you requested:

Titus Bramble pretty much stagnated at 22. Johan Djourou arguably never had a better season than his breakthrough in 06-07. Our dear burden, Shkodran Mustafi, has not signifcantly improved from what he was at Sampdoria at 22. Kyle Bartley was Championship level player at 20, still is at 28. Micah Richards, Philippe Christanval, Billy Kenny, Anthony Vanden Borre. If we go out of position there are more like Bojan, Florent Sinama Pongolle. There are literally hundreds. Even with Jack Wilshere, people still bring up the Barcelona game

truth_hurts

Physically, a male is not in their prime at 21 as bones and muscles are still developing. That doesn't even consider tactical elements and game awareness development in a professional team sport. I doubt many footballers peak at 21.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
We made a ****load of money for a player that never played for us. 5m in loan fees (according to transfermarkt) on top of a reported 10m transfer is a lot of money.

truth_hurts

We made a ****load of money for a player that never played for us. 5m in loan fees (according to transfermarkt) on top of a reported 10m transfer is a lot of money.

It's brilliant. We've all been guilty (me included) for lauding Liverpool's sales strategy, if this is a sign of things to come... It's exciting.

Derbyfan

Just joined to see what your thoughts were on this player as we seem fairly heavily linked with him. Opinions seem fairly mixed but for our level a good signing? No way I can see us paying £10m for a player though! Maybe £3-5m with add-ons, buy-back clause etc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just joined to see what your thoughts were on this player as we seem fairly heavily linked with him. Opinions seem fairly mixed but for our level a good signing? No way I can see us paying £10m for a player though! Maybe £3-5m with add-ons, buy-back clause etc.
Welcome. he is very decent young player can play CB DM but he look more good and comfortable as DM. yes for Championship club he would be good signing he been linked with clubs in Spain and Italy i think Cocu played big part in this he good developing youngsters.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

He was brilliant at the u21 euros as i understand it. Very rated amongst Charlton fans last year. Can see him working very well for you. What players do you have in this position atm?

My condolences for missing out on the prem, by the way. Enjoyed watching you last season.

Derbyfan

He was brilliant at the u21 euros as i understand it. Very rated amongst Charlton fans last year. Can see him working very well for you. What players do you have in this position atm?

My condolences for missing out on the prem, by the way. Enjoyed watching you last season.

We are definitely short at center back and in DM we have let Bradley Johnson go and Tom Huddlestone is getting ever older and slower so I would hope he goes into the engine room and dominates games, but at that age that seems a lot to ask.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Typically, yes, players improve after 21 years of age. But not always. Anything can happen, personal problems, injuries might derail their progress. And by reaching their peak, I mean that they might not significantly improve no longer. Not necessarily regressing. In case of Bielik this would mean never becoming a PL level player. As for examples that you requested:

Titus Bramble pretty much stagnated at 22. Johan Djourou arguably never had a better season than his breakthrough in 06-07. Our dear burden, Shkodran Mustafi, has not signifcantly improved from what he was at Sampdoria at 22. Kyle Bartley was Championship level player at 20, still is at 28. Micah Richards, Philippe Christanval, Billy Kenny, Anthony Vanden Borre. If we go out of position there are more like Bojan, Florent Sinama Pongolle. There are literally hundreds. Even with Jack Wilshere, people still bring up the Barcelona game
Thanks for that explanation. It makes sense now. I misunderstood you.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Bielik is a very good signing for Derby I'm sure. Very good on the ball, physically imposing. Think he'll do well, played in the Championship before as well.

Derbyfan

Bielik is a very good signing for Derby I'm sure. Very good on the ball, physically imposing. Think he'll do well, played in the Championship before as well.
I think we were close to falling foul of FFP rules so £10m seems crazy to expect we would pay. However if we were talking £0.5-1m fans would be up in arms saying why are we buying unproven players when the talk was about using our Academy this year..so a £10m price tag will convince fans he is a top player who will walk into the team... just can't see us paying that.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I think we were close to falling foul of FFP rules so £10m seems crazy to expect we would pay. However if we were talking £0.5-1m fans would be up in arms saying why are we buying unproven players when the talk was about using our Academy this year..so a £10m price tag will convince fans he is a top player who will walk into the team... just can't see us paying that.

We’ll take installments, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom