• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Live footage of Arsenal getting closer to KT's valuation

tumblr_p2daghgu611txeruoo1_r1_500.gif
This had me tripping for like three minutes.

Shahin Tadjalli

I know Celtic fans who would rather do poorly in Europe for the next couple of season if it meant doing 10 in a row, despite there being basically no competition. Rangers are a mess and have been throughout the last 8 years. For 4 of those season they weren't even in the same division and when they got promoted they were miles off.

How can they seriously think it's some major achievement? It just baffles belief. If anything they should be annoyed that it's so easy for them, it's no wonder they lose to the likes of Malmo and AEK Athens because with the lack of competition domestically it'll only harm them long term.

Under Rodgers they won every domestic trophy for 3 straight season yet when it came to Europe they were getting absolutely battered by Barca, PSG and the likes. Celtic used to be a side which even European giants feared because of their ability to raise their game and make Celtic Park a fortress, now most celebrate when they're drawn against them and even lesser European sides fancy their chances.

Even with all this some Celtic fans convince themselves that Tierney would want to stay, in reality he knows even being a Celtic fan that he'll have to further his career. I mean Van Dijk and Wanyama mid-table Southampton as a massive step up, this is Arsenal we're talking about of course Tierney is desperate for the move to happen.

Bro I know a few hundredddd Bayern fans that celebrate the BuLi title like its actually worth **** and like the Bundesliga isn't a total one-horse-farmers-league, on par with France and only slightly in front of Portugal and Holland. They still rave about how they're the greatest every year, same like Celtic.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Bro I know a few hundredddd Bayern fans that celebrate the BuLi title like its actually worth **** and like the Bundesliga isn't a total one-horse-farmers-league, on par with France and only slightly in front of Portugal and Holland. They still rave about how they're the greatest every year, same like Celtic.

Ffs, comparing the BL to the scottish league is poverty. Look 3-4 years back and you'll find the BL probably being better than the English one, which just turned around quite quickly due to resiculous TV money from top to bottom of the league.

The BL is certainly on a low patch right now, but by no means a farmer's league. Also, Dortmund, on average, is better than us, Sp**s and Chelsea.

Don't come up with that Sp**s fluke that one single CL campaign, they hit Dortmund on the biggest 10 games low they've probably had in years and still outplayed Sp**s for fun on the first game and should've smashed them by 5, but for a miracle it didn't happen. The second leg they didn't even try, it was over by that fluke of a game.

Shahin Tadjalli

Ffs, comparing the BL to the scottish league is poverty. Look 3-4 years back and you'll find the BL probably being better than the English one, which just turned around quite quickly due to resiculous TV money from top to bottom of the league.

The BL is certainly on a low patch right now, but by no means a farmer's league. Also, Dortmund, on average, is better than us, Sp**s and Chelsea.

Don't come up with that Sp**s fluke that one single CL campaign, they hit Dortmund on the biggest 10 games low they've probably had in years and still outplayed Sp**s for fun on the first game and should've smashed them by 5, but for a miracle it didn't happen. The second leg they didn't even try, it was over by that fluke of a game.

I just knew you were to comment this since you're German and Germans can't handle criticism (im half German so I should know)

I didn't compare it to the Scottish League since I don't consider the SPL to be a competitive football league full stop.
However, if you subtract Dortmund and Bayern German clubs are an absolute disgrace, look at the mess at Schalke 04 or how poor Leverkusen been doing despite the financial aid of Big-Pharma Bayer.
Everything expect Bayern and Dortmund is mid-table / relegation fodder in England.

And plllllllease, stop being in denial. The Bundesliga isn't going through a rough patch, it simply missed the opportunity to establish themselves in Asia, Africa and America. Simply because the leagues **** and Bayern dominates it for good.

Therefore, TV money is short and German clubs aren't more and will never be more than what we call 'Ausbildungsvereine'

And before you ask, YES I'm loving every second of it. Germans we're so unsupportable after the Bayern Triple / WC win, I remember a poll in 2014, on GERMAN Sky where 78% of voters said the Bundesliga is the best league in world football.

Delusional ***** :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But German's were always known to cover their lack of identity / shame of their heritage with football, just look at the flags disappearing the very same day Germany drops out of a tournament every 2 years.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I just knew you were to comment this since you're German and Germans can't handle criticism (im half German so I should know)

I didn't compare it to the Scottish League since I don't consider the SPL to be a competitive football league full stop.
However, if you subtract Dortmund and Bayern German clubs are an absolute disgrace, look at the mess at Schalke 04 or how poor Leverkusen been doing despite the financial aid of Big-Pharma Bayer.
Everything expect Bayern and Dortmund is mid-table / relegation fodder in England.

And plllllllease, stop being in denial. The Bundesliga isn't going through a rough patch, it simply missed the opportunity to establish themselves in Asia, Africa and America. Simply because the leagues **** and Bayern dominates it for good.

Therefore, TV money is short and German clubs aren't more and will never be more than what we call 'Ausbildungsvereine'

And before you ask, YES I'm loving every second of it. Germans we're so unsupportable after the Bayern Triple / WC win, I remember a poll in 2014, on GERMAN Sky where 78% of voters said the Bundesliga is the best league in world football.

Delusional ***** :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are so wide off the mark with putting me into the bias-bracket, it's hilarious. You picked to wrong guy for the bias-joker.

Did not even cheer a second when Germany won the world cup because I've ZERO national pride or connection whatsoever. Don't consider nationalities a find at all personally.

Also, I hated Bayern winning the triple because I never liked them and never will.

You are right about Schalke, Gladbach, Leverkusen and the likes having a really messy time, but just to remind you, all the "greats" of the PL got outplayed by Leicester not too long ago.

German teams have been a mainstay in Europe whilst the English teams have been pretty much a non-factor for years and are now reclaiming their place of old. And that's exactly due to money and with it also the best managers back in England, eventually. It was overdue.

And even despite the PL having had bad years with no tactical level, unbalanced teams and no chance in Europe, I always loved watching it above any other league because the box-to-box play is just the most exciting and the whole feel around the home of football is way more special.

The only thing I'd day that is absolutely shocking and one of the reasons that I hate Bayern for it, is that they've got it way easier to get the best young players here, something that was/is always been hard to come by in England with many teams having the money for it.

However, this is also ending right now due to the money gap. Everyone wants to go the PL as it is getting the best players and definetely 2-3 the wages with it.

PS: pm me, if you feel the need, don't think the rest of AM wants to discuss this further on thus thread.

Last edited:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Dortmund on average have been better than Chelsea? Can't tell if you are joking or not. Maybe if you mean last season it might make sense. At least Chelsea wins league titles in a competitive league regularly while Dortmund's only competition in the league can afford to take half the year off and still come out on top.

Also funny how a game where they get their ass whooped by superior Sp**s is a fluke, I guess the two times where they met up before that in CL and lost were also flukes.

Shahin Tadjalli

You are so wide off the mark with putting me into the bias-bracket, it's hilarious. You picked to wrong guy for the bias-joker.

Did not even cheer a second when Germany won the world cup because I've ZERO national pride or connection whatsoever. Don't consider nationalities a find at all personally.

Also, I hated Bayern winning the triple because I never liked them and never will.

You are right about Schalke, Gladbach, Leverkusen and the likes having a really messy time, but just to remind you, all the "greats" of the PL got outplayed by Leicester not too long ago.

German teams have been a mainstay in Europe whilst the English teams have been pretty much a non-factor for years and are now reclaiming their place of old. And that's exactly due to money and with it also the best managers back in England, eventually. It was overdue.

And even despite the PL having had bad years with no tactical level, unbalanced teams and no chance in Europe, I always loved watching it above any other league because the box-to-box play is just the most exciting and the whole feel around the home of football is way more special.

The only thing I'd day that is absolutely shocking and one of the reasons that I hate Bayern for it, is that they've got it way easier to get the best young players here, something that was/is always been hard to come by in England with many teams having the money for it.

However, this is also ending right now due to the money gap. Everyone wants to go the PL as it is getting the best players and definetely 2-3 the wages with it.

PS: pm me, if you feel the need, don't think the rest of AM wants to discuss this further on thus thread.

Alright, first off I gotta apologize for a few off colored remarks.
But as someone who's familiar with the country you know German football fans can be a right pain up the arse sometimes when they get goin on how greaaaat they are.

However I'm not bitter or anything, went to SC Freiburg too see a few games when I was living there. What bothers me though is that Germans don't see the urgency for change within their league.

Nowadays they can't even keep nothing players like Kehrer, Choupo Mouting, Christensen.

And there's many others whom all left to warm the bench somewhere for 3-4 their initial salary.

Christensen looked like prime Maldini at Bremen, Xhaka almost Busquets'esque at Gladbach. Both players miles of what we require in the PL. I think those two, with Mikhy (also a world beater in the BuLi) highlight just HOW poor the standard in Germany is.
I still think the DFB Jugendzentren are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but what's the point if young players are bound to go abroad at an early age? Like from the BuLi's perspective.

And about English teams failing in the CL... I'd rather have my league through a dry spell than do what the Germans do, sent in 2-3 COMPLETELY unprepared teams into Europe so they can crash out in the group stage. And play for relegation the year after they got stripped for their best players, like Freiburg in 2014 or Wolfsburg last season. (Frankfurt this year?)

The Bundesliga is like a slippery slope of mistakes repeatedly being made and not put into question. And that pisses me off, Im half German so naturally I take some pride in achievements in that country.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If Tierney has health issues and Emery is having doubts, we should go for Gaya of Valencia.
I've long wished we go for him and he probably would cost the same ~25M maybe 30 max.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Alright, first off I gotta apologize for a few off colored remarks.
But as someone who's familiar with the country you know German football fans can be a right pain up the arse sometimes when they get goin on how greaaaat they are.

However I'm not bitter or anything, went to SC Freiburg too see a few games when I was living there. What bothers me though is that Germans don't see the urgency for change within their league.

Nowadays they can't even keep nothing players like Kehrer, Choupo Mouting, Christensen.

And there's many others whom all left to warm the bench somewhere for 3-4 their initial salary.

Christensen looked like prime Maldini at Bremen, Xhaka almost Busquets'esque at Gladbach. Both players miles of what we require in the PL. I think those two, with Mikhy (also a world beater in the BuLi) highlight just HOW poor the standard in Germany is.
I still think the DFB Jugendzentren are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but what's the point if young players are bound to go abroad at an early age? Like from the BuLi's perspective.

And about English teams failing in the CL... I'd rather have my league through a dry spell than do what the Germans do, sent in 2-3 COMPLETELY unprepared teams into Europe so they can crash out in the group stage. And play for relegation the year after they got stripped for their best players, like Freiburg in 2014 or Wolfsburg last season. (Frankfurt this year?)

The Bundesliga is like a slippery slope of mistakes repeatedly being made and not put into question. And that pisses me off, Im half German so naturally I take some pride in achievements in that country.

Will answer later when I've got time again, but will switch to PM, we shouldn't spam about that here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom