• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,367

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'd give it a 10/10 if we got rid of Mustafi, Elneny, Jenks, Mkhi/Özil/both, Xhaka and got a LB, RB, CB, GK, CM.

As things stand, pretty sure we're getting screwed if we don't address RB, CB, LB and GK. Likely we're nailed on 4th if we deal with one of LB/RB and a good CB.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd give it a 10/10 if we got rid of Mustafi, Elneny, Jenks, Mkhi/Özil, Xhaka and got a LB, RB, CB, GK, CM.

As things stand, pretty sure we're getting screwed if we don't address RB, CB, LB and GK. Likely we're nailed on 4th if we deal with one of LB/RB and a good CB.

GK?! Leno was fantastic last season.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Nah honestly Rich, I genuinely thought no CL was the be all and end all of Arsenal FC, I am very pleased with what we've done so far attracting 3 incredible talents, 4 if you count Tierney.

A CB is the creme de la creme of this window.
You can have as much attacking talent as you like but as long as you've got certain German cbs ****ing things up, we're only going so far. A starting quality cb this year is more important then Tierney.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You can have as much attacking talent as you like but as long as you've got certain German cbs ****ing things up, we're only going so far. A starting quality cb this year is more important then Tierney.

I agree with that, CB > LB but when you look at an average Harry Maguire going for 85M I have some sympathy. It seems to me we chose between a class winger and class CB and to me it makes sense why we went for Pepe.

It's unlikely but I can see us loaning in a CB and getting Tierney before the end of the window.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I agree with that, CB > LB but when you look at an average Harry Maguire going for 85M I have some sympathy. It seems to me we chose between a class winger and class CB and to me it makes sense why we went for Pepe.

It's unlikely but I can see us loaning in a CB and getting Tierney before the end of the window.
As long as the cb is solid, doesn't have to be incredible, i'll be happy enough. The encouraging thing long term is we're upgrading this position with Saliba.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

As long as the cb is solid, doesn't have to be incredible, i'll be happy enough. The encouraging thing long term is we're upgrading this position with Saliba.

That's another reason I like this window, Pepe, Saliba, and KT if we get him, all have great resale value if they hit the heights we think they should.

I'm just not sure what CB we'll get.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

I'd be happy with that but maybe a RB instead of LB. A Bellerin injury or form dip or poor recovery and we have no other option but getting screwed.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Another thing I should say is, I'd have wanted Konate over Saliba initially but I'm pretty confident we got the better player in this instance and we've hit the jackpot in this regard. Saliba seems much more intelligent, smoother and confident overall. If unexpectedly we sign a solid ball playing methodical calm CB this window we should be in more than good enough shape for the next few seasons.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
A CB the bare minimum for next week.

Sure we will get it as everyone in positions of power right now new, need to prove their worth & really at risk if no CL football in 12/24 months. Especially Raul & the other guy they need success or a boss will be brought in above as CEO you would expect.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'd give it a 5/6 at the moment, 7 with Tierney, 9 with Tierney and a cb, 10 with 3 or 4 sales.

Too easily pleased some of you. Signing no defenders at all would be pathetic. Thankfully i don't think we'll do that.
Agree. I'm on a 6/6,5 right now. 7,5 with Tierney, 9 with Tierney + CB, 10 with some sales, notably Mustafi.

Arsenio Venger

8. Our offense is a legit force now and that alone will help the defense. Enough to be where we need to be? Nah. Need a LB and CB to make it a 10.

db10fan

I'd be happy with that but maybe a RB instead of LB. A Bellerin injury or form dip or poor recovery and we have no other option but getting screwed.
Realistically, if we dont have much fund/dont want to spend much more, we can try to find someone who can play well at both RB and CB, while signing a top potential LB. Some RB-CB I feel we can get are Mukiele, Elvedi, Mandi, and Hateboer.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Realistically, if we dont have much fund/dont want to spend much more, we can try to find someone who can play well at both RB and CB, while signing a top potential LB. Some RB-CB I feel we can get are Mukiele, Elvedi, Mandi, and Hateboer.
Definitely a great idea. Mukiele I've not seen but heard about. Elvedi is a decent player with room for growth. Mandi I'm not so sure and don't know Hateboer.

Its definitely a good idea to maybe solve the RB+CB issue and get Tierney. Then we could maybe move on some of our CBs and make space for a mega CB signing in the upcoming windows.

Tbh, Pepe, Ceballos, Nelson, Willock, Douzi improving and probably Saka and that Brazilian kid means we're going to be far less exposed behind.

benjamin86

Established Member
Put Mustafi next to Van Dijk and i think he'd make him look ****. Mustafi is so unpredictable he breeds doubt into any CB he's with.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Lets say we sign Kimpembe and Tierney to wrap it up. Wouldn't we be having a predominantly French African team by next season? Could it be why@GDeep left?

6gunner

I’m going to give this window a 10. Not because the players we’ve acquired are good, because, well, who knows. And not because we’ve met our needs either because that probably not possible in one window. I’m giving it a 10 because all the previous windows we knew what was going to happen. Sure, we had hope, but deep down inside we knew there was disappointment waiting at the deadline. This year nobody knows what’s going to happen—and it’s great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom