• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
The last time Emery tried Auba out on the wing last season was November, he clearly gave up on the idea as Auba didn't have the qualities necessary to be a good wing option in his system. He clearly wants ball carriers out on the wing.

Would Moises Kean have been an option on the left because that was a bit of a mystery with us trying to gazump Everton even after we had more or less finalised Pepe (?).

darkgunner

This needs to happen, Özil needs to be shown some levels again. Coutinho is a player who can singlehandedly drag teams to victory in tight games.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
At this point I’m not fussed who we sign (still would like Tierney though). The goal is top 4 and we were one point off with these ****ty defenders last season, having taken only 7 points from the last 21. I’m here to enjoy the ride.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I wouldn't mind Coutinho. He's a quality player.
Let's trust our new regime, and give them the benefit of the doubt, they earned it.

I don't think Coutinho and a potential CB arrival are linked. Whether we get (or not) the brazilian playmaker, it won't influence the CB situation.
They're not stupid, they know the defence is our weakness, and our main priority right now.
But they haven't found the right deal yet. If they do, Coutinho or not, they will go for it. If they don't, even if we don't get the brazilian, we won't sign anybody.

From a football standpoint, I think Coutinho is very much needed.
Last season there was a huge issue with lack of creativity because our playmakers were mostly **** for the season (Özil Mkhitaryan Iwobi after his good first half), and Ramsey who was the only one who was performing got injured during the most important part of the season.

Ceballos & Pepe are going to improve us massively on that front. But still, Coutinho would make us better in that regard. He can create a goal scoring opportunity from scratch, he can beat his man, he has good technique he doesn't lose carelessly the ball too often, he's a very dynamic player who doesn't hide.
He's perfect for the high intensity football Unai aims to play.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Özil’s done here, the club’s repeatedly tried to shift him but his agent has come out and said he won’t even go on loan.

Think they’re planning without him in mind now.
it not make sense to me adding Coutinho while Özil Mkhi still here one of them has to go.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think Özil’s done here, the club’s repeatedly tried to shift him but his agent has come out and said he won’t even go on loan.

Think they’re planning without him in mind now.

He really is I think, if and it's a big IF, we manage to bring in Coutinho I could really see us then pushing Özil and Mhki out the door before September 1st.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He really is I think, if and it's a big IF, we manage to bring in Coutinho I could really see us then pushing Özil and Mhki out the door before September 1st.

Özil’s staying until 2021 imo, he’s refused to go on loan and said how much he loves living in London.

Emery clearly doesn’t rate him, can see him barely featuring this year or next.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The best way to force a player out is buy someone better in their position. No excuses for Mikky/Özil unless they don’t value their careers.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
All the ITK bullshitters are out now. We aren’t interested in Coutinho ffs it completely sends any semblance of balance in the squad into chaos.

Come on guys think, a stacked front three and attacking midfield, young stars coming through too and on top of that you guys want Coutinho? No chance

Hopefully the priority is sorting out CB now and we can feel confident heading into next season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
First thought, hell no.
Second thought, put that money on a CB and LB.
Third thought, overrated and overvalued accordingly.
Fourth thought, would I say no to a hypothetical straight swap with Lacazette?

Think my answer to that question is actually yes, if it leaves budget for the CB and LB. And if we at least shift Mkhi.

He can slot on the left, with a different skillset than Pepe, is very good (if not €100m+ class good) and has a great shot on him. He's also younger.

Don't think this will happen though and I won't be happy if this means no CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom