• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaise

If we are upgrading Özil with Coutinho could be great, can Ceballos work in a midfield 3 behind Coutinho?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
First thought, hell no.
Second thought, put that money on a CB and LB.
Third thought, overrated and overvalued accordingly.
Fourth thought, would I say no to a hypothetical straight swap with Lacazette?

Think my answer to that question is actually yes, if it leaves budget for the CB and LB. And if we at least shift Mkhi.

He can slot on the left, with a different skillset than Pepe, is very good (if not €100m+ class good) and has a great shot on him. He's also younger.

Don't think this will happen though and I won't be happy if this means no CB.

I think the issue is we can’t actually get a CB we want. If that is the case then I wouldn’t turn down Coutinho.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I don't care about anything, I want Coutinho in the team. Admired him from when he was running through teams for Liverpool. We get Coutinho and we have a genuine chance for the title, if not this year then the next.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

p4kovy5jz6e31.jpg

Which of you is this?

Gunner-Union

If we are upgrading Özil with Coutinho could be great, can Ceballos work in a midfield 3 behind Coutinho?

Cabellos is a cm not a 10 imo and would be good alongside Lucas and willock/douzie

Coutinho. Pea. Pepe

Willock/douzie. Lucas. Cabellos

Finesse

I prefer we get Tierney and CB in than spend 20M loan on Coutinho we already scored 100 goals last season and we'll bw even better having adding Ceballos and Pepe. Get 2 players to improve our back 4 to balance our team

The same guys who got us Ceballos , Pepe etc are the same guys who maybe interested in Coutinho despite media coverage of a 45m transfer budget. I would listen to opinions like yours only if after signing Pepe they were sacked.

We are fun of being too forward and making assertions with limited knowledge of the big picture or internal details. I prefer to give them the benefit of doubt and be optimistic even with equally limited information.

We need to be spoilt for choice with top talent to be able to win the top honours when you look at the level of competition around us.

Not all business is out here on the media and it is not rocket science to think there may be talks about a possible exit or the club is planning to ship out a few faces as we speak.

I am not worried about the defence. With the way we are doing business now I am confident we would strengthen.

Again after analysing last season without the emotional drivers we were let down by our inability to dominate games , score goals and control the game. It was not all about a weak defence.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ceballos often played DM for Betis so I don’t think there’ll be any problems fitting him in with Coutinho.

I reckon that a front three of Coutinho - PEA/Laca - Pepe would be filth though.

Lot of dribbling, pace and goals in there.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Maybe we are thinking long term on this one.... maybe it's a load of cobswobble.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
In the unlikely event that this deal goes through you won’t be able to beg, steal or borrow a feckin ticket at the Emirates:confused:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The same guys who got us Ceballos , Pepe etc are the same guys who maybe interested in Coutinho despite media coverage of a 45m transfer budget. I would listen to opinions like yours only if after signing Pepe they were sacked.

We are fun of being too forward and making assertions with limited knowledge of the big picture or internal details. I prefer to give them the benefit of doubt and be optimistic even with equally limited information.

We need to be spoilt for choice with top talent to be able to win the top honours when you look at the level of competition around us.

Not all business is out here on the media and it is not rocket science to think there may be talks about a possible exit or the club is planning to ship out a few faces as we speak.

I am not worried about the defence. With the way we are doing business now I am confident we would strengthen.

Again after analysing last season without the emotional drivers we were let down by our inability to dominate games , score goals and control the game. It was not all about a weak defence.

Exactly, our new guys finally look like they know what they're doing.
They didn't hesitate to turn down the contract offer to ramsey because they felt it wasn't worth it.
So if they want to get Coutinho, my guess is that we can afford it.

Let's trust them. Who knows, maybe we're working to ship Mkhi/Özil/Iwobi out and it hasn't leaked to the press yet.

Gunner-Union

Ceballos often played DM for Betis so I don’t think there’ll be any problems fitting him in with Coutinho.

I reckon that a front three of Coutinho - PEA/Laca - Pepe would be filth though.

Yeah cabellos from what I’ve read can defend and puts a shift in and is best as a cm. And alongside 2 others with the three you mentioned upfront I think we will be very good

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Shootinho of old would be madness. That guy carried Liverpool and was the best bottle opener on tight games as he just curled it in every single damn time.

Just two questions about this:
1. Is he getting the same confidence and happiness he showcased under Klopp with Emery ? Not even slating Emery there, Klopp is the best in the business and makes everyone look 2 levels better.

2. Does he fit Emery's system as much as he did Klopp's or is it more like a mismatch as with Barca ?

blaise

He definetely fits better than Özil I d say. Also I imagine he d be eager to get his career back on track after Barca fiasco.

Peak Coutinho was really special, match winner in so many tight games and not such a big liability in defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom