• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Barcelona vs Arsenal | August 4th | KO: 19:00 BST | Joan Gamper Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Not a bad half, defensive shape is alright and we've looked fairly sharp on the break.

Barcelona haven't really bothered yet however, let's see if they up the tempo a bit after HT.

Steps

Fancy Özil to have a decent season this year.
I think having quality on the wing(s) will take some pressure off of him. I think people put too much pressure on him to create from every side. Pepe's creativity (and possibly Laca with pace on the left) should free up Mesut to focus his control over the central midfield and feed to Laca/Auba more.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Very very good by our young lads. Niles is on fire.

However this insistence on using xhaka is going to be the biggest issue this season I feel.

TheIceman85

Was looking forward to seeing the class of De Jong but completely outshone by Willock so far.

I like AMN and Nelson too. Maybe this can be a better “British Core” with Holding and Smith Rowe also.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Lost our attacking identity. Another boring goal under Emery :lol:

Great pass from the #10 .... is he new?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Great first half, the only worry is how we transition to attack. Auba can't hold the ball and Mkhi is finished here. When you add Pepe and Laca to this mix, we will have an amazing attack.

Plutarch

Good first half performance. Looking forward to adding Pepe to the team. Though Mkhitaryan is not nearly as bad as people here are saying, he's had some useful touches.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Xhaka in midseason form with the decision making, god knows what the fans who watch Barca week in week out over the years must be thinking.

Iceman10

Established Member
Back four was solid. Have seen from early preseason that we are setting up narrow to flood the centre. Did start to see the potential drawback later on with that with Alba having so much space and time out wide. No noticeable errors from Chambers, so he has decent concentration at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom