• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniele Rugani

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIceman85

Have we ever signed a player from Serie A before, who had a high profile as a youngster, but their move to a big Serie A club didn't work out? Wondering if a scenario like this could ever work out.

Asking for a friend...

960.jpg

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Have we ever signed a player from Serie A before, who had a high profile as a youngster, but their move to a big Serie A club didn't work out? Wondering if a scenario like this could ever work out.

Asking for a friend...

But of the 2 i can think of, neither were defenders :D but they did scare peoples defences.

On Rugani as a loan, why cant we just cancel it if he turns out ****. The obligation thing is only if he completes the loan, but if we was to end it before that time, then no obligation. Right? or do they put these things in as clauses.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
30mil Euros is basically nothing in the current market, if it doesn't work out so long as we get rid early before they become deadwood we should get most of our investment back.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Think harder Yousif. Was a long time ago though...they were both french.
DB also sort of flopped at Inter.

Nothing to indicate Rugani can't reignite his career here and reach his potential. Heck, I might be warming up to him over Upamecano because he is more of a cool headed methodical defender who'd compliment the other CBs at the club.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think it seems we'll get Rugani and Tierney in.

If you told me after we got thrashed by Chelsea we'd sign Pepe, Tierney, Saliba and loan Ceballos and Rugani I'd of probably cried with happiness.

I think we've been spoiled this summer if all goes through now.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He similar level to Chambers bit better he not top defender

This is what worries me, why bring in a CB who is still not good enough for us. I'd rather stick with Sokratis Holding Chambers. We really should go all out for Upamecano, even if we have to lose ESR.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is what worries me, why bring in a CB who is still not good enough for us. I'd rather stick with Sokratis Holding Chambers. We really should go all out for Upamecano, even if we have to lose ESR.
Because we are short that's why we want him on loan and next summer we try to get top CB in

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
30mil Euros is basically nothing in the current market, if it doesn't work out so long as we get rid early before they become deadwood we should get most of our investment back.
No Italian club touching him this summer has to be a warning it wont be too easy.

Juve would love to sell him now to fund other moves. Napoli & Inter got in some quality CBs. Milan & Roma desperate in the position but seemingly zero interest in Rugani.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Italians not doing well outside of Italy is more because they had cash loaded European Super Power clubs at the time and nearly all of those were generational players living in a culturally rich country playing in the strongest league during their time. They top players hardly ever left or sold or they'd just swap or move em amongst themselves. After that the current generation are mostly mediocre. They couldn't possibly have it any better elsewhere.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
For anyone who thinks 30m is fine, are you seriously happy paying that much for the 5th choice centre back at a Serie A Club? This would be the equivalent of us selling Chambers for 30m except he is homegrown and English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom